- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Oral health related quality of life according to firefighters' job characteristics
소방공무원의 업무요인에 따른 구강건강관련 삶의 질
Hwang, Se-Hyun;Kim, Sung-Ae;Lee, Ji-Young;Ko, Hyo-Jin;Park, Jung-Hyun;Urm, Sang-Hwa;Yu, Byeng-Chul
- Received : 2014.08.20
- Accepted : 2015.04.22
- Published : 2015.04.30
firefighters;job characteristics;oral health related quality of life
- Korea ministry of government legislation. Korean laws, Article 1 of the framework act on fire services[Internet].[cited 2014 jul 30]. Available from: http://www.law.go.kr/main.html.
- National emergency management agency. About us, Main business.budget, Statistics, 2010 Fire administration data and statistics[Internet].[cited 2014 jul 30]. Available from: http://www.nema.go.kr/nema_cms_iba/show_nema/board/board9s/view.jsp.
- Kim KS. Health hazards in firefighters. Hanyang Medical Reviews 2010; 30: 296-304. https://doi.org/10.7599/hmr.2010.30.4.296
- Kim HJ, Bea SM, Choi OS. A study on oral health status of industrial workers Gumi city. J Dent Hyg Sci 2005; 5: 205-9.
- Puttonen S, Harma M, Hublin C. Shift work and cardiovascular disease-pathway from circadian stress to morbidity. Scand J Work Environ Health 2010; 36: 96-108. http://www.jstor.org/stable/40967836. https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.2894
- Park KH. Public fire workers' job conditions and the way of improving them. J Korean Urban Menagement Assoc 2002; 15: 63-79.
- Moon YS. The level and job-related provoking factors of firefighters stress. Korean Assoc Local Government Studies 2011; 15: 119-41.
- Kushnir D, Zusman SP, Robinson PG. Validation of a hebrew version of the oral health impact profile 14. J Public Health Dent 2004; 64: 71-5. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1752-7325.2004.tb02730.x
- Richmond S, Chestnutt I, Shennan J, Brown R. The relationship of medical and dental factors to perceived general and dental health. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol. 2007; 35: 89-97. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.2007.00296.x
- Lee HJ, Kim HS, Park SY. Effects of perception of job stress and stress coping style on mental health of firefighters. J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs 2011; 20: 315-24. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.3.315
- Kim DS, Moon MK, Kim KS. A survey musculoskeletal symptoms and risk factors for the 119 emergency medical service (EMS) activities. J Ergon Soc Korea 2010; 29: 211-6. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2010.29.2.211
- Myong JP, Yim HW, Kim HR, Chae JM, Jung YK, Park JI. Depression symptom features of an fire-station workers by job. Korean J Occup Health 2007; 46 : 85-94.
- Yoo JH, Park KH. Psycho-social variables related to PTSD symptoms in fire-fighters: focusing on depression, anxiety, coping style, and social support. Korean J Clin Psychol 2009; 28: 833-52. https://doi.org/10.15842/kjcp.2009.28.3.010
- Slade GD. Derivation and validation of a short-form oral health impact profile. Community Dent Oral Epodemiol 1997; 25: 284-90. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1997.tb00941.x
- Kang JK, Lee SM. Relationship between oral-health related quality of life of kindergarten teachers and attempts to improve oral health. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2010; 34: 354-61.
- Jang MS, Kim HY, Shim YS, Ryu HJ, Han SB, Jung JP, et al. Association between the self-reported periodontal health status and oral health-related quality of life among elderly Koreans. J Korean Acad of Periodontol 2006; 36: 591-600. https://doi.org/10.5051/jkape.2006.36.3.591
- Lee MR, Han GS, Han SJ, Choi JS. Impact of subjectively reported oral health status on the quality of life among adults: Applying the PRECEDE mode. Korean J Health Educ and Promot 2011; 28: 23-35.
- Lee GR. A study of oral health impact profile 14 among the elderly in rural area. J Dent Hyg Sci 2010; 10: 109-16.
- Lee SM, Kim EJ, Lee DH. Relationship between oral-related knowledge and OHIP (Oral Health Impact Profile) in some high school students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2010; 10: 877-85.
- Korea ministry of government legislation. Korean laws, Fire officers act [Internet].[cited 2014 jul 30]. Available from: http://www.law.go.kr/main.html.
- Bae JM. Relationship between mobilization impacts, social supports, coping behaviors and PTSD symptoms & psychological wellbeing in emergency service firefighters. Korean Public Administration Review 2010; 44: 141-63.
- Wagner D, Heinrichs M, Ehlert U. Prevalence of symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder in German professional firefighters. Am J Psychiatry 1998; 155: 1727-32. https://doi.org/10.1176/ajp.155.12.1727
- Oh DW. The effect of fire officials' shift work and job stress on fatigue[Master's thesis] Suwon: Univ. of Ajou, 2010.
- Yoon MH. Subjective oral health-related quality of life in adults who visited dental clinic. J Korea Acad Dent Hyg 2010; 12: 327-37.
- Hong MH. The effects of occupational stress on oral health impact profile (OHIP) in local government workers. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12: 471-83. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.3.471
- Lee EK, Park JH, Park JR, Park JY. A study on OHIP-14 and EQ-5D of residents in some rural areas. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11: 197-211.