- Volume 23 Issue 2
The aim of this study was to use a 3D human body scanner to analyze the cross section of different body parts when a girdle is worn. Two types of girdles were selected as experimental garments: a standard type girdle (Garment A) and a high-waist type girdle (Garment B). Their sizes were 88 (S) and 94 (M). Ten female subjects in their twenties who wear girdles sizes 88 (S) and 94 (M) participated the experiment. Their bodies were scanned three times with the 3D human body scanner, before and after wearing experimental girdles. The data were collected by overlapping the cross sections of the 3D scanned body shape data. The space length was measured from the overlapped cross sections. The results show that human body silhouette are changed after wearing the compression type garments and the amount and place of the body change is different by style of garments. First, the waist girth shape became rounder. Second, there was a definite difference in space amount at abdomen girth between two types of girdle. The abdomen area was pushed toward the front after wearing the standard type girdle (A). The high-waist type girdle (B) pushed abdomen area toward the back. Third, there was clear difference at the hip area after wearing two types of girdle. The hip area pushed toward the front with the standard type girdle (A) and pushed toward the back with the high-waist type girdle (B).
3차원 스캐너;인체 실루엣;단면 중합;공극 길이
- Cha, J. E.(2011). An ergonomic analysis of women's bodice patterns in the late 19th century. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea.
- Cha, J., & Chun, J.(2011). A study on body silhouette by wearing english women's upper garments of the late 19th century. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 19(6), 1205-1220. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2011.19.6.1205
- Choi, Y., & Kim, H.(2004). A comparison of women's basic pattern using 3D scanner: Between the Bunka and the Secoli patterns. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 6(6), 749-755.
- Chun, J., & Kim, O.(2012) Distribution of garment pressure and body measurements after wearing a girdle, and suggestions for a girdle sizing system. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 20(6), 799-810. https://doi.org/10.7741/rjcc.2012.20.6.799
- Hwang, Y., & Lee, J.(2008). A comparative study of preference and possibility to acceptance about functional warmth smart clothing. The Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 10(6), 1006-1013.
- Istook, C. L., & Hwang, S. J.(2001). 3D body scanning systems with application to the apparel industry. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 5(2), 120-132. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000007283
- Kim, H. K., Kwon, S. H., Kim, S. J., Park, E. J., Suh, C. Y., Lee, S. N., Jeon, E. K., & Cho, J. M.(2001). Clothing ergonomics experimental methodology. Seoul: Kyomunsa.
- Kim, J., & Yi, K.(2001). A study on the wearing test of high functional girdle. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 51(6), 39-51.
- Kim, M. K., Nam, Y. J., Han, H. S., & Choi, Y. L. (2011). Improvement of cross sectional distance measurement method of 3D human body. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 13(6), 966-971. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.6.966
- Lim, H.(2009). Three dimensional virtual try-on technologies in the achievement and testing of fit for mass customization. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA.
- Nam, Y. J., & Lee, J. O.(2002). A study on feeling of wearing and clothing pressure of custom-made girdles. Journal of the Korean Fiber Society, 39(4), 503-513.
- Park, E. J.(2001). Effect of body shaping be wearing girdle. Journal of the Korean Society for Clothing Industry, 3(3), 235-240.
- Park, E. J., & Han, E. G.(2001). Investigation of girdle wearing of female college students. Journal of Fashion Business, 5(3), 49-61.
- Park, J. H., & Chun, J.(2012). The change of garment pressure and body measurement by material of women's girdle. Journal of the Ergonomics Society of Korea, 31(3), 455-461. https://doi.org/10.5143/JESK.2012.31.3.455
- Suh, C.(2002). A study on the evaluation of readymade jacket for women according to pattern size using 3D scanner. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 26(3/4), 390-401.
- Suh, C., & Park, S.(2008). Drafting method of upper bodice pattern using 3-D anthropometric data for elderly women. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 32(5), 846-858. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2008.32.5.846
- Suh, D., & Chun, J.(2004). Men's bodice pattern making using 3D body scan data. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 12(2), 290-299.