- Volume 23 Issue 2
This study suggests designs of maternity clothes wearable after childbirth and aims at confirming that maternity wear is continuously wearable during a post-natal period. As for research methods, theoretical and empirical studies with research on a production of work were conducted, focusing on the design development of the maternity dress which may be worn even after childbirth. The results of theoretical and empirical studies possibly presented various designs which require fashionability going with the trend of time. The maternity wear also requires the adaptability for a changing body shape to enable a woman to wear it during a pregnancy period and after childbirth. Besides, the convenience of dressing and undressing with wearing comfort is considered. 6 sets of one-piece dress were made as the result of the study and three factors of fashionability, adaptability and convenience were considered. The conclusions are as follows : Firstly, it verified that the maternity wear is fashionable clothes not to cover protruded abdomen but to satisfy women's desire of self expression. Secondly, it overcame the limit of dress design through fitting it to completely different two body sizes and shapes with design factors and patterns. Lastly, it suggested a research model of maternity wear corresponding to economical, environmental and ethical principles as giving an effect of "two" dresses with one. This study presented a new direction of design study with meaningful actions of fashion designing in the aspects of economical, environmental and ethical consumption unlike artificial disposal on SPA brands.
임산부복;산후여성;원피스드레스 디자인;지속가능한 패션 디자인
- Choi, G. H., & Ham, O. S.(1994). A study on basic bodice of one-piece dress by the change of pregnant women's body type. Keimyung University Institute of Living Improvement and Practical Science Collection of Dissertations, 20, 139-156.
- Choi, H. S., Kim, S. R., & Choi, J. H.(2000). A study on suitability of maternity dress on the market: Spring & summer clothes. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 50(5), 65-75.
- Fashion Dictionary Compilation Committee.(1995). Fashion dictionary. Paju: Kyomunsa.
- Fever of overseas direct purchase, increased by 5 6%... Who purchase clothes, shoes, healthy food? (2014, May 21). Asia Business Daily. Retrieved from http://view.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2014052108120210766
- Ha, J. G., & Lee, J. H.(2010). Comparison of pregnant women's mechanical energy between the period of pregnancy and postpartum. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 20(4), 387-393. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB2010.20.4.387
- Im, J. H., Lee, S. L., Choi, E. M., & Gang, M. J. (2002). A study about factors influencing on postpartum body composition, change of BMI and body fat. Journal of the Korean Medicine Obstetrics and Gynecology, 15(1), 175-184.
- Im, J. R.(2000). A study on maternity dress designs for working pregnant women. Collection of Dissertations, Dong Yang University, 6(1), 477-490.
- Jang, H. S.(1996). Women psychology: Female and gender difference. Seoul: Pakyoungsa.
- Jung, Y. A.(2000). A study on clothes form for visual effect proper to pregnant women's body style. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea.
- Kim, M. O., Seo, M. A., & Lee, Y. H.(2010). Development of maternity wear trousers with improved body fit. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 34(5), 715-725. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2010.34.5.715
- Kim, S. M., Lee, J., An, B. H., Park, S. B., Kim, G. M., Kim, H. S., & Lee, D. J.(2001). A prospective study for weight changes associated with pregnancy. Journal of Korean Academy of Family Medicine, 22(6), 895-903.
- Korean Academy of Nursing.(1996). The great encyclopedia of nursing science. Seoul: Research and Publication Co. on Korean Dictionaries.
- Lee, H. S., & Jung, S. H.(2000). Study on preference for maternity wear and purchasing status for developing maternity dress design. Proceeding of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 24, 25.
- Lee, K. H., & Lee, Y. S.(2004). Korean society of women health nursing. Seoul: Hyunmoomsa.
- An, H. R.(1984). An experimental study of the effects of husband s supportive behavior reinforcement education on stress relief of primigravidas. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea.
- Assocation of Research on Women Health Nursing. (2006). Women health nursing science I. Seoul: Soomoonsa.
- Lee, M. J.(1997). Review on pregnant women's change of body type and maternity dress design. Collection of Dissertations, Hyejeon University, 15, 614.
- Lee, U. H.(2005). A development of outer wears for breast-feeding mothers. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea.
- Na, M. H., Oh, H. S., & Lee, Y. S.(1994). A longitudinal study on the body form of pregnant women for garment designs. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 18(5), 628-636.
- Park, G. H.(2001). Studies about the weight-changes during pregnancy and the condition of mother and infant. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea.
- Park, H. S.(2008). A development of design for fashion oriented maternity ware. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kooomin University, Seoul, Korea.
- Park, M. A.(2003). A study on basic bodice of onepiece dress with setting standard size for designing maternity dress. Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea.
- Seo, C. Y., Park, S. J., & Lee, H. J.(2007). Development of functional maternity wear for working women. Family and Environment Research, 45(9), 37-52.
- Shim, E. J.(2004). A study on the design development of a maternity wear combined with nursing. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk Womens University, Seoul, Korea.
- Song, J. E.(2009). Influencing factors of postpartum depression between 4 to 6 weeks after childbirth in the postpartum women. Korean Journal of Womens Health Nursing, 15(3), 216-223. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2009.15.3.216
- The National Institute of Korean Language.(n.d.) The Standard Korean Language Dictionary. Retrieved from http://www.korean.go.kr
- Yeo, J. H.(2006). Postpartum depression and its predictors at six months postpartum. Korean Journal of Womens Health Nursing, 12(4), 355-362.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 국민대학교