- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Consumer Preference of Broiled Eel added with Bokbunja Teriyaki Sauce in Korean and Japanese
복분자 데리야끼 소스를 이용한 장어구이의 한국인과 일본인 소비자 기호도
- Sung, Ki-Hyub (Dept. of Hotel Culinary Art, Daelim University College)
- 성기협 (대림대학교 호텔조리과)
- Received : 2014.09.29
- Accepted : 2015.04.20
- Published : 2015.04.30
This study developed eel teriyaki sauce and suggests conditions for its commercialization. Consumer preference tests were carried out with Korean (n=50) and Japanese (n=50) consumers. Grilled eel samples were made by teriyaki sauce with addition of Bokbunja juice, powder, concentrates. The preference tests were itemized for color, flavor, taste, salty taste, softness and overall-preference of grilled eel. Korean and Japanese consumers preferred flavor and taste, and the degree of overall preference was rated higher at 60% for Bokbunja juice, 20% for Bokbunja powder, and 40% for Bokbunja concentrate. Japanese consumers also preferred its color as well. The items of softness and overall-preference had good ratings.
- Ahn DK (1998) Illustrated Book of Korea Medicinal Herds. Kyohak Publishing Co, Ltd, Seoul, Korea. p 946-947.
- Cho EJ, Yang MO, Hwang CH, Kim WJ, Kim MJ, Lee MK (2006) Quality characteristics of Sulgidduk added with Rubus coreanus Miquel during storage. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 16(4): 458-467.
- Choi JH, Rhim CH, Choi YJ (1986) Comparative study on protein and amino acid composition of wild and cultured eel. Bull Korean Fish Soc 19: 60-66.
- Han JS, Kim JS, Kim SY, Kim MS (1998) A survey of Japanese perception preference for Korean foods. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 14: 188-194.
- Heo J (1994) Translator: Donguihak Research Institute Donguibogam 1-5. Yeogang Publishing Co. Seoul, Korea. p 62, 296, 334, 617, 984, 1085, 2679.
- Hong JS, Kim JS, Kim IG, Kim MG, Yun S (1995) Processing development of bokbunja-wine. Annual Rearch Report of Minstry of Agricultural and Forestry, Korea Report No. IA 1199512340103.
- Jeong YC, Kang IS, Chai MR (1998) Development of aqueous anchovy food using fermentation. Annual Research Report of Ministr of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries, Report No. IB 1199812310002. Korea.
- Koh SJ, Park HH, Lee KH (2004) Quality characteristics of cream soups added with rice flour and potato as a thickening agent. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 20: 24-30.
- Kye SH, Yoon SI (1988) Food preference of foreign athletes in Korean traditional foods. Korean I Dietary Culture 3: 79-87.
- Kwon KS, Kim YS, Song GS, Hong SP (2004) Quality characteristics of bread with rubi fructus(Rubus coreanus Miquel) juice. Korean J Food Nutr 17(3): 272-277.
- Lee JH, Hwang HJ (2006) Quality characteristics of curd yogurt with Rubus coreanus Miquel juice. Korean J Culinary Res 12: 195-205.
- Lee YN, Kim YS, Song GS (2000) Quality noodle prepared with wheat flour and immature Rubus coreanus powder composites. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 43: 271-276.
- Oh HS (2002) Japanese Cuisine. Baishan Publishing Co, Ltd, Seoul, Korea. p 145.
- Oh HS, Park UB (2003) Studies on the making of teriyaki sauce using Korean soy sauce. Korean J Culinary Research 9: 102-113.
- Oh SW, Lee TC, Hong HD (2002) Effects on the shelf-life of tofu with ethanol extracts of Rubus coreanus Miquel, Therminalia chebula Retz and Rhus javanica. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 746-749.
- Park HN, Kang OK, Moon WS (2006) Ingredient preservation in the practical manufacture of teriyaki sauce. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22: 111-121.
- Park ML, Byun GI, Choi SK (2007) Quality characteristics of pine mushroom teriyaki pickle prepared by teriyaki seasoning. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 17: 72-80.
- Park WB (2001) Studies on the flavor of chicken teriyaki sauce with different soy sauce. MS Thesis Kyunghee University, seoul. p 13.
- Park YS, Jang HG (2003) Lactic acid fermentation and biological activities of Rubus coreanus. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 46: 367-375.
- SAS. 1988. SAS User's Guide Statistics. Version 6.03, SAS Institute, Cary. NC.
- Seo KM, Kim JH (2007) A research of purchasing behavior on sauce product & the credibility of mess media advertisement-The residential women consumer in Busan. The Korean J Culinary Res 13(1): 98-98.
- Shin KS, Park PJ, Boo HO, Ko JY, Han SS (2003) Chemical components and comparison of biological activities on the fruit of natural bogbunja. Korean J Plant Res 16: 109-117.
- Sung KH, Ko SH (2010) A study development of teriyaki sauce with added pomegranate concentrate. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20(3): 439-444.
- Yu OK, Kim MA, Rho JO, Sohn HS, Cha YS (2007) Quality characteristics and the optimization recipes of chocolate added with bokbunja(Rubus coreanus Miquel). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 36(9): 1193-1197. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.9.1193