- Volume 41 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Indoor PM2.5 Concentrations in Different Sizes of Pubs with Non-comprehensive Smoke-free Regulation
비 포괄적인 금연정책을 시행한 호프집의 면적에 따른 실내 PM2.5 농도
Kim, Jeonghoon;Lim, Chaeyun;Lee, Daeyeop;Kim, Heyjin;Guak, Sooyoung;Lee, Na Eun;Kim, Sang Hwan;Ha, Kwon Chul;Lee, Kiyoung
- Received : 2015.03.04
- Accepted : 2015.04.21
- Published : 2015.04.28
Objectives: The Korean government implemented a smoke-free regulation for pubs with a net indoor area of
Indoor air quality;
- U.S. Department of Health Human Services. The health consequences of involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke: a report of the Surgeon General. In Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Coordinating Center for Health Promotion, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health; 2006.
- U.S. Department of Health Human Services. How tobacco smoke causes disease: the biology and behavioral basis for smoking-attributable disease: a report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta, GA: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Office on Smoking and Health. 2010.
- Brennan P, Buffler PA, Reynolds P, Wu AH, Wichmann HE, Agudo A, et al. Secondhand smoke exposure in adulthood and risk of lung cancer among never smokers: a pooled analysis of two large studies. Int J Cancer. 2004; 109(1): 125-131. https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.11682
- He J, Vupputuri S, Allen K, Prerost MR, Hughes J, Whelton PK. Passive smoking and the risk of coronary heart disease-a meta-analysis of epidemiologic studies. N Engl J Med. 1999; 340(12): 920-6. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199903253401204
- Sturm JJ, Yeatts K, Loomis D. Effects of tobacco smoke exposure on asthma prevalence and medical care use in North Carolina middle school children. Am J Public Health. 2004; 94(2): 308-313. https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.94.2.308
- Goodman P, Agnew M, McCaffrey M, Paul G, Clancy L. Effects of the Irish smoking ban on respiratory health of bar workers and air quality in Dublin pubs. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007; 175(8): 840-5. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.200608-1085OC
- Lee K, Hahn EJ, Pieper N, Okoli CT, Repace J, Troutman A. Differential impacts of smoke-free laws on indoor air quality. J Environ Health. 2008; 70(8): 24-30.
- Puett RC, Hart JE, Yanosky JD, Paciorek C, Schwartz J, Suh H, et al. Chronic fine and coarse particulate exposure, mortality, and coronary heart disease in the Nurses' Health Study. Environ Health Perspect. 2009; 117(11): 1697-1701. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.0900572
- Valente P, Forastiere F, Bacosi A, Cattani G, Di Carlo S, Ferri M, et al. Exposure to fine and ultrafine particles from secondhand smoke in public places before and after the smoking ban, Italy 2005. Tob Control. 2007; 16(5): 312-7. https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.2006.019646
- Kim J, Kwon HJ, Lee K, Lee DH, Paek Y, Kim SS, et al. Air quality, biomarker levels and health effects on staff in Korean restaurants and pubs before and after a smoking ban. Nicotine Tob Res. 2015: ntv012.
- Semple S, Creely KS, Naji A, Miller BG, Ayres JG. Secondhand smoke levels in Scottish pubs: the effect of smoke-free legislation. Tob Control. 2007; 16(2): 127-132. https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.2006.018119
- Lee K, Hahn EJ, Robertson HE, Lee S, Vogel SL, Travers MJ. Strength of smoke-free air laws and indoor air quality. Nicotine Tob Res. 2009; 11(4): 381-6. https://doi.org/10.1093/ntr/ntp026
- Repace J. Respirable particles and carcinogens in the air of delaware hospitality venues before and after a smoking ban. ACOEM. 2004; 46(9): 887-905.
- Lee J, Lim S, Lee K, Guo X, Kamath R, Yamato H, et al. Secondhand smoke exposures in indoor public places in seven Asian countries. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2010; 213(5): 348-351. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheh.2010.05.007
- KHPF. Evaluation of effects of National smoke-free law by measuring indoor secondhand smoke. The Korea Health Promotion Fund, Ministry of Health & Welfare; 2013.
- Nebot M, Lopez MJ, Ariza C, Perez-Rios M, Fu M, Schiaffino A, et al. Impact of the Spanish smoking law on exposure to secondhand smoke in offices and hospitality venues: before-and-after study. Environ Health Perspect. 2009; 117(3): 344-7. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.11845
- Health Effects of Smoke-free Legislation in Public Places vol.8, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.25055/JKSRNT.2017.8.1.1