- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Shear Modulus(G)-Shear Strain(γ)-Degree of Saturation(S) Characteristics of Compacted Subgrade Soil used as Railway Trackbed
다짐된 궤도 흙노반 재료의 전단탄성계수(G)-전단변형률(γ)-포화도(S) 관계특성 분석
- Choi, Chan Yong (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Seong Hyeok (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lim, Yu Jin (Department of Civil, Environmental and Railroad Engineering Paichai University) ;
- Kim, Dae Sung (Department of Civil, Environmental and Railroad Engineering Paichai University) ;
- Park, Jae Beom (Department of Civil, Environmental and Railroad Engineering Paichai University)
- Received : 2014.12.17
- Accepted : 2015.02.17
- Published : 2015.04.30
It is important to evaluate the stiffness characteristics of compacted subgrade soil under track that is loaded dynamically. Using a mid-size Resonant Column test apparatus, normalized shear modulus and shear modulus variation with changing of confining pressure were investigated with change of degree of saturation (DOS). From an analysis of the test results, it was verified that the maximum shear modulus decreased with increases of DOS. However, normalized shear modulus increased with increases of DOS. Using the test results, a relation of G~
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2013) Design Specification for Railroad: Road bed.
- AASHTO (2002) 2002 Design Guide of New and Rehabilitated Pavement Structures, Research Report, National Cooperative Highway Research Program, USA.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2011) Korea Pavement Research Program.
- R.F. Pezo, D.S. Kim, K.H. Stoke, W.R. Hudson (1991) Developing a reliable resilient modulus testing system, Transpotation Research Record 1307, Washington D. C, pp. 98-99.
- H.B. Seed, R.T. Wang, I.H. Idriss, K. Tokimuatsu (1986) Moduli and damping factors for dynamic analysis of cohesionless soil, Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Report No. UCB/EERC-84/14, University of California, Berkely
- M. Rollins (1998) Shear modulus and damping relationships for gravels, Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, No. 124, pp. 396-405
- K.R. Massarsch (2004) Deformation properties of fine-grained soils from seismic test, Keynote lecture, International Conference on site Characterization, ISC 2, 19-22 Sept, Porto, pp. 14
- D.S. Kim (2012) Evaluation of modulus and load-settlement characteristics of subgrade soil used in track foundation, Master's Thesis, PaiChai University.
- M.B. Darendeli, K.H.II Stokoe (1997) Dynamic properties of soils subjected to the 1994 Northridge earthquake, Geotechnical Engineering Report GR97-5, Civil Engineering Dept., University of Texas, Austin, TX, USA.
- Y.J. Lim, D.S. Kim, H.J. Cho, M. Sagong (2013) Investigation of stiffness characteristics of subgrade soils under tracks based on stress and strain levels, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 16(5), pp. 386-393. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.5.386
- S.W. Park, C.H. Lee, K.Y. Hwang (2006) Effect of density on water content reflectometer measured field water content in pavement subgrades, Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Volume 8, pp. 115-127.