- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study of Adaptive Sliding Mode Control for Vibration of a Flexible Rectangular Plate
- Yang, Jingyu ;
- Liu, Zhiqi ;
- Cui, Xuanming ;
- Qu, Shiying ;
- Wang, Chu ;
- Lanwei, Zhou ;
- Chen, Guoping
- Received : 2014.11.05
- Accepted : 2015.03.02
- Published : 2015.03.30
This paper aims to address the intelligent active vibration control problem of a flexible rectangular plate vibration involving parameter variation and external disturbance. An adaptive sliding mode (ASM) MIMO control strategy and smart piezoelectric materials are proposed as a solution, where the controller design can deal with problems of an external disturbance and parametric uncertainty in system. Compared with the current 'classical' control design, the proposed ASM MIMO control strategy design has two advantages. First, unlike existing classical control algorithms, where only low intelligence of the vibration control system is achieved, this paper shows that high intelligent of the vibration control system can be realized by the ASM MIMO control strategy and smart piezoelectric materials. Second, the system performance is improved due to two additional terms obtained in the active vibration control system. Detailed design principle and rigorous stability analysis are provided. Finally, experiments and simulations were used to verify the effectiveness of the proposed strategy using a hardware prototype based on NI instruments, a MATLAB/SIMULINK platform, and smart piezoelectric materials.
Plate Vibration;Active Control;ASM MIMO Controller;Intelligent Experimental ASM MIMO Control System;Smart Piezoelectric Materials
- Yang D. and Zhou J., "Commun Nonlinear Sci Numer Simulat Connections among several chaos feedback control approaches and chaotic vibration control of mechanical systems", Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, Vol. 19, No. 11, 2014, pp. 3954-3968. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnsns.2014.04.001
- Zhou D. Li J. and Zhang K., Amplitude control of the track-induced self-excited vibration for a maglev system. ISA transactions. 2014 Jan;p.1-7.
- You BD., Wen JM. and Zhao Y., "Nonlinear analysis and vibration suppression control for a rigid-flexible coupling satellite antenna system composed of laminated shell reflector", Acta Astronautica, Vol. 96, 2014, pp. 269-279. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actaastro.2013.12.006
- Previdi F., Spelta C., Madaschi M., Belloli D., Savaresi SM. and Faginoli F, et al., "Active vibration control over the flexible structure of a kitchen hood", Mechatronics, Vol. 24, No. 3, 2014, pp. 198-208. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2014.01.010
- Sun X., Xu J., Jing X. and Cheng L., "Beneficial performance of a quasi-zero-stiffness vibration isolator with time-delayed active control", International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol. 82, 2014, pp. 32-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2014.03.002
- Wu D., Huang L., Pan B., Wang Y. and Wu S., "Experimental study and numerical simulation of active vibration control of a highly flexible beam using piezoelectric intelligent material", Aerospace Science and Technolog, Vol. 37, 2014, pp. 10-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ast.2014.04.008
- Cazzulani G.., Cinquemani S., Comolli L., Gardella A. and Resta F.. "Vibration control of smart structures using an array of Fiber Bragg Grating sensors", Mechatronics. Vol. 24, No. 4, 2014, pp. 345-353. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2013.07.014
- Quan Hu. and Yinghong Jia SX., "Dynamics and vibration suppression of space structures with control moment gyroscopes", Acta Astronautica journal, Vol. 96, 2014, pp. 232-245. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actaastro.2013.11.032
- Ma X., Jin G. and Liu Z., "Active structural acoustic control of an elastic cylindrical shell coupled to a twostage vibration isolation system", International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol. 79, 2014, pp. 182-194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2013.12.010
- Zhang H., "Robust finite frequency H 1 static-outputfeedback control with application to vibration active control of structural systems", Mechatronics, Vol. 24, No. 4, 2014, pp. 354-366. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2013.07.013
- Qiu Z. and Ling D., "Finite element modeling and robust vibration control of two-hinged plate using bonded piezoelectric sensors and actuators", Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, Vol. 27, No. 2, 2014, pp. 146-161. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0894-9166(14)60025-2
- Zolfagharian A., Noshadi A., Khosravani MR. and Zain MZM., "Unwanted noise and vibration control using finite element analysis and artificial intelligence", Applied Mathematical Modelling, Vol. 38, No. 9-10, 2014, pp. 2435-2453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2013.10.039
- Smoczek J., "Fuzzy crane control with sensorless payload deflection feedback for vibration reduction", Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 46, No. 1, 2014, pp. 70-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2013.12.012
- Zoric ND., Simonovic AM., Mitrovic ZS., Stupar SN., Obradovic AM. and Lukic NS., "Free vibration control of smart composite beams using particle swarm optimized self-tuning fuzzy logic controller", Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 333, 2014, pp. 5244-5268. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2014.06.001
- M aEK., Uchiyama N. and Sano S., "Sliding Mode Contouring Control for Biaxial Feed Drive Systems with a Nonlinear Sliding Surface", Procedia CIRP, Vol. 14, 2014, pp. 506-510. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.procir.2014.03.071
- Oliveira JB., Boaventura-Cunha J., Moura Oliveira PB. and Freire H., "A swarm intelligence-based tuning method for the sliding mode generalized predictive control", ISA transactions, 2014, pp. 1-15.
- Chen F., Jiang B. and Tao G., "An intelligent selfrepairing control for nonlinear MIMO systems via adaptive sliding mode control technology", Journal of the Franklin Institute, Vol. 351, No. 1. 2014, pp. 399-411. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2013.09.008
- Ghasemi M. and Nersesov SG., "Finite-time coordination in multiagent systems using sliding mode control approach", Automatica, Vol. 50, No. 4, 2014, pp. 1209-1216. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2014.02.019
- Acosta P., "Natural surface design for sliding mode control with multiple discontinuous inputs", Journal of the Franklin Institute, Vol. 351, No. 8, 2014, pp. 4198-4210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2014.04.023
- Zhang B., Pi Y. and Luo Y., "Fractional order slidingmode control based on parameters auto-tuning for velocity control of permanent magnet synchronous motor", ISA transactions, Vol. 51, No. 5, 2012, pp. 649-656. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isatra.2012.04.006
- Zhang H., Wang J. and Shi Y., "Robust sliding-mode control for Markovian jump systems subject to intermittent observations and partially known transition probabilities", Systems and Control Letters, Vol. 62, No. 12, 2013, pp. 1114-1124. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sysconle.2013.09.006
- Yang J. and Chen G., "Experiment Study of Adaptive Fuzzy Sliding Mode Control for Vibration of Flexible Rectangular Plate", Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 2014..
- Jingyu Y. and Guoping C., "Adaptive iterative learning control for vibration of flexural rectangular plate", Mechanika, Vol. 15, No. 7, 2011, pp. 485-491.
- Guo Y. and Woo PY., "An adaptive fuzzy sliding mode controller for robotic manipulators", Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part A: Systems and Humans, IEEE Transactions, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2003, pp. 149-159.
- E SJ., "On the Adaptive Control of Robot Manipulators", The International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 6, No. 3, 1987, pp. 49-59. https://doi.org/10.1177/027836498700600303
- Craig J., Introduction to robotics: mechanics and control, 2005.
- Jingyu Y. and Guoping C., "Orientations and locations optimization of actuators and sensors for structural shape control", Advanced Science Letters, Vol. 6, 2012, pp. 547-552. https://doi.org/10.1166/asl.2012.2239
- Jingyu Y. and Guoping C., "Multi-Objective Optimization of Orientations and Locations of Actuators and Sensors for Structural Shape Control", Advanced Science Letters, Vol. 6, 2012, pp. 511-517. https://doi.org/10.1166/asl.2012.2197
- Novel Distributed PZT Active Vibration Control Based on Characteristic Model for the Space Frame Structure vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/5928270
Grant : Research on Intelligent Integrated Control of Coupling between Space Solar Power Station Structure Vibration and Attitude Control, Exploration and Practice of 'Theory + Interesting + Research' Innovative Teaching Mode