- Volume 16 Issue 1
This paper suggests applying pseudospectral model predictive method for exo-atmospheric guidance. The method is a fusion of pseudospectral law and model predictive control, in which a two point boundary value problem is formulated using model predictive approach and solved by applying pseudospectral law. In this work, the method is applied to exo-atmospheric guidance with specific target requirement. The existing exo-atmospheric guidance methods suffice general requirements for guidance, but cannot ensure specific target constraints; whereas, the presented method is able to do so. The proposed guidance law is assessed through simulation of perturbed cases, and the tests suggest that the method is able to operate semi-autonomously under control and thrust vector perturbations.
Exo-atmospheric Guidance;Pseudospectral Model Predictive Control;Gauss Pseudospectral Method;Hypersonic Vehicle Guidance;Model Predictive Control
- Smith, I.E., General Formulation of the Iterative Guidance Mode. 1966.
- Cherry, G., A general, explicit, optimizing guidance law for rocket-propelled spaceflight. 1964.
- Jaggers, R.F., An explicit solution to the exoatmospheric powered flight guidance and trajectory optimization problem for rocket propelled vehicles. 1977.
- W, S., The Space Shuttle ascent guidance and control, in Guidance and Control Conference. American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.1982.
- Jezewski, D.J., "An optimal, analytic solution to the linear-gravity, constant-thrust trajectory problem", Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets,Vol. 8, No. 7, 1971, pp. 793-796. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.30320
- Lu, P., et al., "Rapid Optimal Multiburn Ascent Planning and Guidance", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 31, No. 6, 2008, pp. 1656-1664. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.36084
- Ping, L., Z. Lijun. and S. Hongsheng, Ascent Guidance for Responsive Launch: A Fixed-Point Approach, in AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2005.
- Lu, P. and J. Samsundar, "Closed form solutions of constrained trajectories application in optimal ascent of aerospace plane", in AIAA International Aerospace Planes Conference, AIAA: Orlando, FL, 1992.
- Zhou, H., T. Rahman, and W. Chen, "Neural network assisted inverse dynamic guidance for terminally constrained entry flight", ScientificWorldJournal, 2014. 2014: pp. 686040.
- Zhou, H., et al., "Onboard pseudospectral guidance for re-entry vehicle", Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 2013.
- Rose, M.B. and D. Geller, "Linear Covariance Techniques for Powered Ascent", in AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, Americal Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics: Toronto, Ontario Canada, 2010.
- Greg, D., "Atmospheric Ascent Guidance for Rocket- Powered Launch Vehicles", in AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2002.
- Dukeman, G. and A. Calise, "Enhancements to an Atmospheric Ascent Guidance Algorithm", in AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference and Exhibit, AIAA: Austin, Texas, 2003.
- Lu, P., S. Forbes, and M. Baldwin, "A Versatile Powered Guidance Algorithm", in AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics: Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2012.
- Lu, P. and B. Pan, "Highly Constrained Optimal Launch Ascent Guidance", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2010, pp. 404-414. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.45632
- Zhang, L. and P. Lu, "Fixed-point algorithms for optimal ascent trajectories of launch vehicles", Engineering Optimization, Vol. 40, No. 4, 2008, pp. 361-381. https://doi.org/10.1080/03052150701732566
- Yang, L., H. Zhou, and W. Chen, "Application of linear gauss pseudospectral method in model predictive control", Acta Astronautica, Vol. 96, 2014, pp. 175-187. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actaastro.2013.11.038
- Benson, D., A Gauss Pseudospectral Transcription for Optimal Control, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005.
- Garg, D., W. Hager, and A. Rao, Gauss Pseudospectral Method for Solving Infinite-Horizon Optimal Control Problems. 2010.
- Andrews, D.G., An Introduction of Atmospheric Physics.
- He, L., Solid Ballistic Missiles Design, Beihang University (BUAA)Press, 2004.
- Boskovic, J.D., et al., "Multiple-Model Adaptive Fault-Tolerant Control of a Planetary Lander", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 32, No. 6, 2009, pp. 1812-1826. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.42719
- Boskovic, J.D., S. Bergstrom, and R.K. Mehra, "Robust Integrated Flight Control Design Under Failures, Damage, and State-Dependent Disturbances", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 28, No. 5, 2005, pp. 902-917. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.11272
- Hanson, J., A.D. Hill, and B.B. Beard, "Launch Vehicle Abort Analysis of Failures Leading to Loss of Control", Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 49, No. 5, 2012, pp. 925-934. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.A32061