- Volume 39 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of a Complete Contact Problem in Bonded Condition: Comparison of Experimental-Numerical Analyses and Theoretical Solutions
응착조건의 완전접촉문제 해석: 실험 및 수치해석과 이론해의 비교
- Kim, Hyung-Kyu (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Jang, Jae-Won (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Soon-Bok (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2015.01.19
- Accepted : 2015.04.24
- Published : 2015.06.01
Asymptotic method has been often used to theoretically analyze the complete contact problem. The error of the asymptotic results increases as the distance from the contact edge increases. The singularity cannot be properly obtained from a finite element (FE) analysis owing to the finiteness of the element size. In the present work, the complete contact problem in bonded condition is analyzed using a combined experimental-numerical approach to assist and/or compare with the asymptotic results. Al and Cu alloys are used for the material combination of the punch and substrate. 120 and 135 degrees are used for the punch angle. The FE models are validated by comparison of displacement distributions obtained by the FE analysis and
Supported by : 한국원자력연구원, 한국기계연구원
- Williams, M. L., 1952, "Stress Singularities Resulting from Various Boundary Conditions in Angular Corners of Plates in Extension," J. Appl. Mech., Vol. 19, pp. 526 - 528.
- Barber, J. R., 2001 Elasticity, Springer, Dordrecht, pp. 149-170.
- Comninou, M., 1976, "Stress Singularity at a Sharp Edge in Contact Problems with Friction," J. Appl. Maths. & Phys., Vol. 27, pp. 493-499. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01594906
- Kim, H.-K., Hills, D.A., Paynter, R.J.H., 2014, "Asymptotic Analysis of an Adhered Complete Contact Between Elastically Dissimilar Materials," J. Strain Analy. Eng. Des., Vol. 49, pp. 607 - 617. https://doi.org/10.1177/0309324714538259
- Post, D., Han, B., Ifju, P., 1994, "High Sensitivity Moire: Experimental Analysis for Mechanics and Materials," Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Simulia, ABAQUS version 6.13 User's Manual.