- Volume 39 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Inclined Edge Crack in a Piezoelectric Material Under Antiplane Loads
압전재료에 대한 면외하중하의 모서리 경사 균열
- Choi, Sung Ryul (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Sah, Jong Youb (School of Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam Univ.) ;
- Jeong, Jae Tack (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chonnam National Univ.)
- Received : 2015.02.02
- Accepted : 2015.05.08
- Published : 2015.06.01
The occurrence of an inclined edge crack in transversely piezoelectric material is analyzed. Concentrated antiplane mechanical and inplane electrical loads are applied at the boundary and crack surface, respectively. The crack surfaces are assumed to be impermeable to the electric field. Using the Mellin transform with the introduction of a generalized displacement vector, the problem is formulated, and the Wiener-Hopf equation is derived. By solving the equation, the solution is obtained in a closed form. The intensity factors of the stress, the electric displacement, and the energy release rate are obtained for any crack length and inclination angle. These solutions can be used as fundamental solutions and can be superimposed to represent any arbitrary electromechanical loading.
Supported by : 영남대학교
- Parton, V. Z., 1976, "Fracture Mechanics of Piezoelectric Materials," Acta Astronautica, Vol. 3, pp. 671-683. https://doi.org/10.1016/0094-5765(76)90105-3
- Pak, Y. E., 1990, "Crack Extension Force in a Piezoelectric Materials," Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 57, pp. 647-653. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2897071
- Pak, Y. E., 1992, "Linear Electro-elastic Fracture Mechanics of Piezoelectric Materials," Int. J. Frac, Vol. 54, pp. 79-100. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00040857
- Suo, Z., Kuo, C. -M., Barnett, D. M. and Willis, J. R., 1992, "Fracture Mechanics for Piezoelectric Ceramic," J. Mechanics Physics Solids, Vol. 40, pp. 739-765. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-5096(92)90002-J
- Kwon, J. H., Kwon, S. M., Shin, J. W. and Lee, K. Y., 2000, "Determination of Intensity Factors in Piezoelectric Ceramic Strip with Impermeable Crack," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 1601-1607.
- Shin, J. W., Kwon, S. M. and Lee, K. Y., 2001, "Eccentric Crack in a Piezoelectric Strip Under Electro-Mechanical Loading," KSME International Journal, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 21-25 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03184794
- Shindo, Y., Narita, F. and Tanaka, K., 1996, "Electroelastic Intensification Near Anti-Plane Shear Crack in Orthotropic Piezoelectric Ceramic Strip," Theoretical and Applied Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 25, pp. 65-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8442(96)00008-0
- Kwon, J. H., 2004, "Central Crack in a Piezoelectric Disk," KSME International Journal, Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 1549-1558. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02990369
- Choi, S. T. and Earmme, Y. Y., 1998, "Antiplane Problem of Interfacial Circular-Arc Cracks in Transversely Isotropic Piezoelectric Media," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 868-876.
- Li, X. -F. and Fan, T. -Y., 2001, "Mode-III Interface Edge Crack Between Two Bonded Quarter-Planes of Dissimilar Piezoelectric Materials," Archieve of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 71, pp. 703-714. https://doi.org/10.1007/s004190100175
- Choi, S. R., 2008, "Green's Function of Edge Crack in Transversely Isotropic Piezoelectric Material Under Anti-Plane Loads," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 43-53. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.1.043
- Wu, X.-F., Cohen, S. and Dzenis, Y. A., 2003, "Screw Dislocation Interacting with Interfacial and Interface Cracks in Piezoelectric Bimaterials," International Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 41, No. 7, pp. 667-682. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7225(02)00155-6
- Wu, X.-F. and Dzenis, Y. A., 2003, "Screw Dislocation Interacting with an Interfacial Edge Crack Between Two Bonded Dissimilar Wedges," International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 117, L9-L14.
- Sosa, H. A. and Pak, Y. E., 1990, "Three-Dimensional Eigenfunction Analysis of a Crack in a Piezoelectric Material," Int. J. Solids Structures, Vol. 26, No.1, pp. 1-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/0020-7683(90)90090-I
- Noble, B., 1958, Methods Based on the Wiener-Hopf Technique, Pergamon Press, London.
- Gradshteyn, I. S. and Ryzhik, I. M., 2007, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, 7th Ed., Academic Press, New York.
- Hwang, E. H., Choi S. R. and Earmme Y. Y., 1992, "Inclined Edge Crack in Two Bonded Elastic Quarter Planes Under Out-of-Plane Loading," Int. Journ. of Fracture, Vol. 56, R39-R49. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00012333