- Volume 39 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Nitriding on Fatigue Characteristics of Cr-Mo Alloy Steel
고장력 Cr-Mo강의 질화처리에 따른 피로특성
- Oh, Kwang Keun (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jae Hoon (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Choi, Hoon Seok (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Chungnam Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2015.02.05
- Accepted : 2015.04.01
- Published : 2015.06.01
CrMo alloy steel was nitrided using two types of processing methods, ion-nitriding processing and nitrocarburizing. Both processes were conducted for a duration of 30 min. To compare the surface hardness of the alloys created by the different processes, microhardness tests were conducted, and fatigue tests of each material were performed by a cantilever rotary bending fatigue test machine (Yamamoto, YRB 200) in the very high cycle regime (
Fatigue Life;Initial Crack;Nitriding Processing;SEM;Very High Cycle Fatigue
- Won, S. J., Lim, B. S., Ha, J. Y. and Nam, K. S., 2000, "A Study on the Fatigue Strength of SACM 645 Steel Under Various Nitriding Methods and Times," Transactions of The Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 216-221.
- Park, S. H. and Lee, C. S., 2012, "Tensile and High Cycle Fatigue Properties of Ion-nitrided and Nitro-carburized SCR430B Steel," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol.21, No. 6, pp. 354-359 https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2012.21.6.354
- Myeong, N. J., Choi, N. S. and Kwon, H., 2014, "Dynamic Analysis of Specimen Under Ultrasonic Fatigue Using Finite Element Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol 38, No. 7, pp. 771-717. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.7.771
- Suh, C. M., Suh, C. H. and Suh M. S., 2013, "VHCF Characteristics of SCMH2 Steel Depending on the Surface Treatment Conditions," Journal of Korean Welding Joint Society, Vol. 31, N0. 4, pp. 47-53.
- Walter D. Pilkey, 1997, Peterson's Stress Concentration Factors, John Wiley &Sons, New York, p. 124.
- Sengul A. B. and Celik, A., 2011, "Effect of Plasma Nitriding on Fatigue Crack Growth on AISI4140 Steel Under Variable Amplitude Loading," Surface & Coating Technology, Vol.205, Issues 21-22, pp. 5172-5177. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2011.05.027
- Zhang, J. W., Lu, L. T., Shiozawa, K., Zhou, W. N. and Zhang, W. H., 2011, "Effects of Nirocarburizing on Fatigue Property of Medium Carbon Steel in Very High Cycle Regime," Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol. 528, Issues 22-23, pp. 7060-7067. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.msea.2011.05.029
- Zhang, J. W., Lu, L. T., Shiozawa, K., Zhou, W. N. and Zhang, W. H., 2011, "Effect of Nitrocarburizing and Post-oxidation on Fatigue Behavior of 35CrMo Alloy Steel in Very High Cycle Fatigue Regime," International journal of Fatigue, Vol. 33 , Issues 7, pp. 880-886. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfatigue.2011.01.016
- Jeon S. B., 2009, Fatigue Failure, R&B INC., No. RB-FA-G004, p. 9.
- Optimization of Inner Nitriding Process for Cr-Mo-V Steel of Small Arms Barrel by using Taguchi Experimental Design Method vol.17, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14775/ksmpe.2018.17.3.148