- Volume 39 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Prognostics for Stator Windings of Water-Cooled Generator Against Water Absorption
수냉식 발전기 고정자 권선의 흡습 건전성 예지
- Jang, Beom Chan (Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Youn, Byeng D. (Dept. of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hee Soo (Korea Electric Power Research Institute) ;
- Bae, Yong Chae (Korea Electric Power Research Institute)
- Received : 2014.11.21
- Accepted : 2015.04.07
- Published : 2015.06.01
In this study, we develop a prognostic method of assessing the stator windings of power generators against water absorption through statistical data analysis and degradation modeling. The 42 windings of the generator are divided into two groups: the absorption and normal groups. A degradation model of a winding is constructed using Fick's second law to predict the level of absorption. By analyzing data from the normal group, we can determine the distribution of the data of normal windings. The health index of a winding is estimated using the directional Mahalanobis distance (DMD) method. Finally, the probability distributions of the failure time of the windings are determined.
Prognostics;Power Generator;Water Absorption
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- Yoon, J. T., Youn, B. D., Park, K. M. and Lee, W. R., 2013, "Vibration-Based Robust Health Diagnostics for Mechanical Failure Modes of Power Transformers," in Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Prognostics and Health Management, pp. 1-5.
- Kim, B. R., Kim, H. D., 2012, "Electrical Properties of Wet Bars in Water-cooled Generator Stator Windings," Journal of the Korean Institute of Electronic Material Engineers, Vol. 25, No. 10, pp. 817-823. https://doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2012.25.10.817
- Kim, H. S., Bae, Y. C. and Kee, C. D., 2008, "Wet Bar Detection by Using Water Absorption Detector," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 1163-1173. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-008-0404-y
- Mendelev, B. S., Srolovitz, M. I. and Eds, D. J., 2005, Thermodynamics and Kinetics in Materials Science: A Short Course, Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. 167-171.
- Hong, T. P., Lesaint, O. and Gonon, P., 2009, "Water Absorption in a Glass-Mica-Epoxy Composite I: Influence on Electrical Properties," IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2009.4784545
- Haldar, A. and Mahadevan, S., 1999, Probability, Reliability and Statistical Methods in Engineering Design, Wiley, New York, pp. 112-114.
- Park, K. M., Youn, B. D., Yoon, J. T. and Kim, H. S., 2013, "Statistical Health Diagnostics and Prognostics for the Stator Windings in Water-cooled Generator based on Directional Mahalanobis Distance," in Proceeding of the KSME 2013 Fall Conference, pp. 1054-1059.