- Volume 39 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Semiquantitative Failure Mode, Effect and Criticality Analysis for Reliability Analysis of Solid Rocket Propulsion System
고체 로켓 추진 기관의 신뢰성 분석을 위한 준-정량적 FMECA
- Moon, Keun Hwan (Dept. of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jin Kon (Dept. of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.) ;
- Choi, Joo Ho (Dept. of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, Korea Aerospace Univ.)
- Received : 2015.02.06
- Accepted : 2015.04.14
- Published : 2015.06.01
In this study, semiquantitative failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis (FMECA) for the reliability analysis of a solid rocket propulsion system is performed. The semiquantitative FMECA is composed of failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) and criticality analysis (CA). To perform FMECA, the structure of the solid rocket propulsion system is divided into 43 parts down to the component level, and FMEA is conducted at the design stage considering 137 potential failure modes. CA is then conducted for each failure mode, during which the criticality number is estimated using the failure rate databases. The results demonstrate the relationship between potential failure modes, causes, and effects, and their risk priorities are evaluated qualitatively. Additionally, several failure modes with higher criticality and severity values are selected for high-priority improvement.
Supported by : 국방과학연구소
- U.S House Committee on Science and Technology, 1986, Investigation of the Challenger Accident; Report of the Committee on Science and Technology House of Representatives, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington D.C., pp. 39-49.
- Wells, W. W., 1996, Solid Rocket Booster Reliability Guidebook-Volume II, Society of Automative Engineers, Inc., Warrendale, pp. 119-179.
- Korea Agency for Technology and Standards, 2007, Reliability Terms Handbook, Korea Agency for Technology and Standards, Korea, pp. 182-186.
- Department of Defence, 1980, Procedures for performing a Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis, Department of Defence, Washington D.C., pp. 9-21.
- Robert, B., Stephen, P. and Michael. R., 1993, Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), A DoD Information Analysis Center, NewYork, pp. 16-34.
- Reliability Information Analysis Center, 1997, Failure Mode / Mechanism Distribution 1997, A DoD Information Analysis Center, NewYork, pp. 13-370.
- Dennis, F. M. and Joe, C. M., 1978, Missile Materiel Reliability Prediction Handbook Parts Count Prediction, U.S. Army Missile Research and Development Command, Alabama, pp. 3-175.
- A Probabilistic based Systems Approach to Reliability Prediction of Solid Rocket Motors vol.17, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5139/IJASS.2016.17.4.565