- Volume 29 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study for Color and Illuminance Control Algorithm of Broadcast LED Lighting
방송용 LED 조명의 광색과 조도 제어 알고리즘에 대한 연구
Shin, Dong-Seok;Park, Chul-Hyung;Park, Chong-Yeun
- Received : 2015.09.03
- Accepted : 2015.09.25
- Published : 2015.11.30
In this paper, colors of broadcast lightings composed of Red, Green, and Blue LED(Light Emitted Diode) can be linearly and quantitatively controlled in low illuminance. Because LED cannot emit uniform illuminance in low illuminance, the colors of RGB LED are unmixable. Furthermore, the illuminances are nonlinear with the dimming values of the RGB LED due to the nonlinearity of the output illuminance with the current through the LED. This nonlinearity generated errors of the target colors and illuminances. The proposed algorithm set up the target colors, which is expressed by the color coordinates in CIE 1931 color space, and the target illuminances. Then the illuminances of RGB LED were calculated using color mixing theory. The calculated illuminances determined the dimming values of the RGB LED for transmission via DMX512 communication. After the broadcasting lighting received the dimming values of the RGB LED via DMX512 communication,.RGB LED can emit target color and illuminance, and be controlled by calculating the PWM(Pulse Width Modulation) duty ratio of the hybrid LED driver which be considered the nonlinearity for the illuminances of the LED. As a result, the proposed algorithm can linearly and quantitatively control the colors and illuminances in full range of illuminance. Then we verify experimentally that the errors of the emitted color coordination x, y and illuminance are 2.27%, 3.6% and 1.5%, respectively.
Broadcasting;Dimming;Linear;Color;DMX512;Hybrid LED Driver;Broadcast LED Lighting
- D.A. Steigerwald, J.C. Bhat, D.Collins, "Illumination with Solid Stage Lighting Technology", IEEE J. Sel. Topics Quantum Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 310-320, Mar. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/2944.999186
- Jeff.Y.T sao, "Solid State Lighting : Lamps, Chips and Materials for Tomorrow", IEEE Circuits Devices, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 28-37, May. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCD.2004.1304539
- Michael. S. Shur, Arturas Zukauskas, "Solid-Stage Lighting : Toward Superior Illumination", proceedings of the IEEE, Vol.93, No. 10, pp. 1691-1703, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2005.853537
- Matthias. Wendt, J. W. Andriesse, "LEDs in Real Lighting Applications : From Niche Markets to General Lighting", IEEE IAS, pp. 2601-2603, Oct. 2006.
- TTA, "Broadcasting LED luminaire TTA Verified qualification standard", TCB-0042/R00, Feb. 2013.
- Kwang-Hyun Jung, Dong-Seok Shin, Chong-Yeon Park, "The analysis of flickering effect for LED stage lighting system", 2011 KIEE Summer Conference, pp. 1195-1196, July. 2011.
- Dong-Seok Shin, Jun-gu Lee, "A LED driver unit and a Methode for Controlling the LED", KR Patent No 1011161880000, Feb. 2012.
- Kyu-Min Lee, Wang-Seop Choe, Chong-Yun Park, "Dimming control method for LED stage lighting system", 2010 KIPE Autumn Conference, pp. 300-301, Nov. 2010.
- Dong-Seok Shin, Chong-Yun Park, "A Dimming Method for the UHD Broadcast LED Lighting", Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 8-18, Feb. 2015.
- Kang, Shin-Ho, Jeong-Min Lee, and Jeong-Duk Ryeom. "Digital Light Color Control System of LED Lamp using Inverse Tri-Stimulus Algorithm", Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 1-8, Jan. 2011.
- Kim, Hoon, et al. "A color temperature and illuminance controllable LED lighting system." Journal of KIIEE, Vol. 23, No. 12, pp. 10-22, Dec. 2009.
- ITU-R, "Recommendation BT.709-5", Apr. 2002.
- ITU-R, "Recommendation BT.2020-0", Aug. 2012.
- Phillips Lumileds, "LUXEON Rebel General Purpose Datasheet DS64", 2011.
- Phillips Lumileds, "LUXEON Rebel General Purpose Datasheet DS68", 2012.
Supported by : 중소기업청