- Volume 29 Issue 11
In accordance with global energy conservation policies such as MEPS (Minimum Energy Performance Standard), electric motor industry is moving to super-high-efficiency machines and research to develop IE4 (International Energy Efficiency Class 4) motors has been launched. In this situation, SynRM (Synchronous Reluctance Motor) has been attracting attention in place of induction motor which hardly provides super premium efficiency. As a result, much research on SynRM is being performed at home and abroad. Also, some products have already been appearing in the market. Compared to induction motor, SynRM has better efficiency per unit area and wider operating range. Although the utilization of control system in synchronous motor results in higher prices, we still need to concentrate on developments of SynRM so as to comply with the new policies. This study demonstrated the electromagnetic design methods of super premium SynRM while maintaining the frame of existing IE3 induction motor. We documented the design procedures for generating high saliency which is the most essential and mechanical stress anlaysis is also treated. In conclusion, we proved the validity of our design by manufacturing and testing our 3 models.
- ABB, IE4 synchronous reluctance motor and drive package Optimized cost of ownership for pump and fan applications (2012).
- Huai-cong Liu, Ho-Jun Lee, Se-Young Oh, Gwang-Hyeon Ryu, Hyun-Seok Homg, Seung-Joo Kim, Ju Lee "Decrease torque ripple for super premium SynRM using barrier arrangement design" Electrical Machinery & Energy Conversion Systems Society Annual Spring Conference 2013.
- I.Boldae "Reluctance Synchronous Machines and drives" pp. 46-47.
- Masayuki Sanada "Torque Ripple Improvement for Synchronous Reluctance Motor Using an Asymmetric Flux Barrier Arrangement", IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS, VOL. 40, NO. 4, JULY/AUGUST, pp. 1076-1082 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2004.830745
- Kim, Won Ho "A Study on the Optima; Design Method of Synchronous Relustance Motor for the Hifg Torque and Power Factor" Dept. of Electrical Engineering The Graduate School Hanyang University Master's Thesis.