- Volume 29 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Study on Transient Improvement through Governor Control under Asynchronous Transition of CTTS
CTTS의 비동기 절체 시 조속기 제어를 통한 과도 개선에 관한 연구
Kang, Byoung-Wook;Chai, Hui-Seok;Han, Woon-Ki;Lim, Hyun-Sung;Kwon, Seung-Ok;Kim, Jae-Chul
- Received : 2015.07.10
- Accepted : 2015.10.20
- Published : 2015.11.30
This paper derives the problems that occur when asynchronous transfer in case of phase, frequency, voltage between the emergency generator and the grid and proposed the countermeasure to solve this problem when the transfer switch replace ATS(Automatic Transfer Switch) with CTTS(Closed Transition Transfer Switch) for the non-interrupting switching. In order to simulate above cases, modelling was used the transient analysis program PSCAD/EMTDC. By using this, the customer installed emergency generator and the grid was implemented. We compared three cases of asynchronous transition based on the basic case and proposed improvement by controlling the governor of emergency generator.
Emergency generator;Asynchronous transition;Governor control;Automatic Voltage Regulator
- KPX, "The 6th Basic Plan of Long-Term Electricity Supply and Demand", 2012.09.
- KEPCO, "Study on Improving for Demand-Side Resource of Generator", 2011.12.
- Prabha S Kundur, "Power System Stability and Control", McGraw-Hill, 1994.
- Vivek Kumar Bhatt, Dr. Sandeep Bhongade , "Design Of PID Controller In Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) System Using PSO Technique", International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Vol. 3, Issue. 4, pp.1480-1485, 2013.07-08.
- A. R. Cooper, D. J. Morrow, K. D. R. Chambers, "Development of a Diesel Generating Set Model for Large Voltage and Frequency Transients", Power and Energy Society General Meeting, 2010 IEEE, 2010.07.
- Ching-Chang Wong, Shih-An Li, Hou-Yi Wang, "Optimal PID Controller Design for AVR System", Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 259-270, 2009.
- M Nagendra, M. S. Krishnarayalu, "PID Controller Tuning using Simulink for Multi Area Power Systems", International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 1, Issue 7, 2012.09.
- Ahmed N. Abd Alla, "Simulation Model of Brushless Excitation System", American Journal of Applied Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 12, pp.1079-1083, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3844/ajassp.2007.1079.1083
- Le Luo, Lan Gao, Hehe Fu, "The Control and Modeling of Diesel Generator Set in Electric Propulsion Ship", I.J. Information Technology and Computer Science, pp.31-37, 2011.02. https://doi.org/10.5815/ijitcs.2011.02.05
- IEEE, "IEEE Recommended Practice for Excitation SystemModels for Power System Stability Studies(IEEE Std 421.5 TM-2005), 2005.
- Woon-Ki Han, Hyun-Sung Lim, "Study on Emergency Generators Operating Survey and Characteristics of Power Quality", The Korean Institute of Illuminating and electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp.16-23, 2014.03.
Supported by : 숭실대학교, 한국에너지기술평가원