- Volume 29 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Analysis on Voltage Sag in Low Voltage DC Distribution System according to the Number of Poles
극 수에 따른 저압직류 배전계통의 순시전압강하 분석
- Received : 2015.08.24
- Accepted : 2015.10.04
- Published : 2015.11.30
AC-based power systems, having the advantages that voltage transformation and long distance transmission are easy, have been constructed since the last 19th century. However, DC-based power system is paid attention these days because of the development of power electronic devices as well as the increase of digital loads and distributed generation. For instance, the transmission systems using High Voltage DC (HVDC) are commercially operated in the world and the researches on distribution system using Low Voltage DC (LVDC) are gradually increased. This paper analyzes voltage sag, resulted from faults, in LVDC distribution system according to the number of poles. Modeling and simulation with various conditions are conducted by using ElectroMagnetic Transients Program (EMTP). Moreover, some countermeasures to reduce voltage sag in LVDC distribution system are suggested briefly.
Bipolar;Low Voltage DC Distribution System;Power Quality;Unipolar;Voltage Sag
- Kyoung-Ho Lee, "Low Voltage DC Distribution Technology for the Gree Building", KIPE Magazine, Vol.15, No.5, pp.32-38, 2010.10.
- Guy AlLee, William Tschudi, "Edison Redux: 380VDC Brings Reliability and Efficiency to Sustainalbe Data Centers", IEEE power & energy magazine, Vol.10, No.6, pp.50-59, 2011.11.
- Kyoung-Ho Lee, Kyoung Wan Koo, "Premises Low Voltage DC Distribution Technology and Implementation Case of Green Home", The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol.59, No.7, pp.41-48, 2010.7.
- Joo-Won Baek, "Development and Demonstration of DC distribution element technology in Customers", KIPE Magazine, Vol.17, No.3, pp.36-40, 2012.6.
- Ki-Bong Yeo, "Trends and Prospects of HVDC", Electrical Equipment, pp.20-27, 2012.6.
- K.Chandrasekaran, P.AVengkatachalam, Mohd Noh Karsiti, K.S.Rama Rao, "Mitigation of Power Quality Disturbances", Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, Vol.8, No.2, pp.105-116, 2009,10.
- IEEE Recommended Practice for Monitoring Electric Power Quality, IEEE Standard 1159, 2009.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)