- Volume 29 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Virtual Environment for Optimal use of Video Analytic of IP Cameras and Feasibility Study
IP 카메라의 VIDEO ANALYTIC 최적 활용을 위한 가상환경 구축 및 유용성 분석 연구
- Received : 2015.08.25
- Accepted : 2015.10.01
- Published : 2015.11.30
In recent years, researches regarding optimal placement of CCTV(Closed-circuit Television) cameras via architecture modeling has been conducted. However, for analyzing surveillance coverage through actual human movement, the application of VA(Video Analytics) function of IP(Internet Protocol) cameras has not been studied. This paper compares two methods using data captured from real-world cameras and data acquired from a virtual environment. In using real cameras, we develop GUI(Graphical User Interface) to be used as a logfile which is stored hourly and daily through VA functions and to be used commercially for placement of products inside a shop. The virtual environment was constructed to emulate an real world such as the building structure and the camera with its specifications. Moreover, suitable placement of the camera is done by recognizing obstacles and the number of people counted within the camera's range of view. This research aims to solve time and economic constraints of actual installation of surveillance cameras in real-world environment and to do feasibility study of virtual environment.
BIM;VA;People Counting;Simulator;IP Camera;GUI
- Tyler W. Garaas, "Sensor Placement Tool for Rapid Development of Video Sensor Layouts", SpringSim, pp.134-137, 2011.
- Jin-Won Choi, "A Study on the Development of an Internet-based Intelligent CAD System Supporting Building Performance Simulations", Architecture Institute of Korea, Vol.18, No. 1, pp.41-49, 2002.
- Anton van den Hengel, Rhys Hill Ben Ward, Alex Cichowski, Henry Detmold, Chris Madden, Anthony Dick, John Bastian, "Automatic Camera Placement for Large Scale Surveillance Networks", 2010.
- Seyeon Tech, http://www.flexwatch.co.kr
- Jae-duck Yoo, Ik-Soon Kim, Bae-Hun Kim, Hyun-sick Shin, "A Monitoring Way and Installation of Monitoring System using Intelligent CCTV under the u-City Environment", The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp.295-303, 2008.
- Seong-Yong Park, "A Study on the Effective Disposition of Indoor CCTV Camera", Korea Institute Of Communication Sciences, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp.295-303, 2013.
- Unity, http://www.unity3d.com
- Ugur Murat Erdem, Stan Sclaroff "Automated Placement of Cameras in a Floorplan to Satisfy Task-Specific Constraints", CiteSeer, 2003.
- Ik-Soon Kim, Hyun-shik Shin, "A Study on Development of Intelligent CCTV Security System based on BIM", The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp.789-795, 2011.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교