- Volume 31 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Easy and Quick Survey Method to Estimate Quantitative Characteristics in the Thin Forests
Mirzaei, Mehrdad;Bonyad, Amir Eslam;Bijarpas, Mahboobeh Mohebi;Golmohamadi, Fatemeh
- Received : 2014.10.18
- Accepted : 2014.12.16
- Published : 2015.05.31
Acquiring accurate quantitative and qualitative information is necessary for the technical and scientific management of forest stands. In this study, stratification and systematic random sampling methods were used to estimation of quantitative characteristics in study area. The estimator (
inventory;systematic random;stratification;zagros forests
- Rostami A, Heidari H. 2009. Typology of forest stands and evaluation of their overall status in natural forest of Daalaab region, Ilam province. J Agri Nat Res 15: 274-277. (in Persian with English abstract)
- Saborowski J, Marx A, Nagel J, Bockmann T. 2010. Double sampling for stratification in periodic inventories-Infinite population approach. For Eco Manage 260: 1886-1895. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2010.08.035
- Sarndal CE, Swensson B, Wretman J. 2003. Model assisted survey sampling. Springer, Berlin.
- Schreuder HT, Gregoire TG, Wood GB. 1993. Sampling methods for multiresource forest inventory. Wiley, New York.
- Sparks J, Masters R. 2002. Comparative evaluation of accuracy and efficiency of six forest sampling methods. Pro Okla Aca Sci 82: 49-56.
- Vishwakarma GK, Singh HP, Singh S. 2010. A family of estimators of population mean using multi-auxiliary variate and poststratification. Lithuanian Assoc Nonlin Analys 15: 233-253.
- Zobeiri M. 2005. Forest inventory. 2nd ed. University of Tehran, pp 401.
- Zobeiri M. 2007. Forest biometry. 2nd ed. University of Tehran, pp 411.
- Akhavan R, Zobeiri M, Namiranian M. 2001. A study of stratification method using for volume estimation in Kheyroodkenar forest. Iranian J Nat Res 54: 235-245. (in Persian with English abstract)
- Alijanpour A, Zobeiri M, Marvi Mohajer MR, Zargham N. 2004. An investigation of the best statistical sampling method in forest of Aras - baran. Iranian J Nat Res 56: 397-405. (in Persian with English abstract)
- Avery TE, Burkhart HE. 2002. Forest measurements. 5th ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, pp 456.
- Beasom SL, Haucke HH. 1975. A comparison of four distance sampling techniques in south Texas live oak Motes. J Range Manage 28: 142-144. https://doi.org/10.2307/3897447
- Cochran WG. 1977. Sampling Techniques. 3rd ed. John Wiley, New York.
- De Vries PG. 1986. Sampling Theory for Forest Inventory. A Teach-Yourself Course. Springer, Berlin.
- Fallah A, Zobeiri M, Rahimipour Sisakht A, Naghavi H. 2012. Investigation on four sampling methods for canopy cover estimation in Zagros oak forests (case study: Mehrian forests of Yasuj city). Iranian J For Pop Res 20: 194-203. (in Persian with English abstract)
- Gregoire T, Valentine H. 2008. Sampling Strategies for Natural Resources and the Environment. Chapman & Hall.
- Heidari RH, Zobeiri M, Namiranian M, Sobhani H. 2009. Comparison of circular plot and transect sampling methods in the Zagros oak forests (case study: educational and research forest of Razi university, Kermanshah province). Iranian J For Pop Res 17: 359-368. (in Persian with English abstract)
- Holopainen M. 1998. Forest habitat mapping by means of digitized aerial photographs and multispectral airborne measurements. Publication of the Department of Forest Resource Management, University of Helsinki, pp 48.
- Husch B, Miller CI, Beers TW. 1982. Forest mensuration. Roland press company, New York, pp 402.
- Ige AF, Tripathi TP. 1987. On double sampling for stratification and use of auxiliary information. J Indian Soc Agri Statis 39: 191-201.
- Loetsch F, Haller KE, Zohrer F. 1973. Forest inventory. 2nd ed. Munchen, BLV Verlagsgesellschaft, pp 905.
- Mandallaz D. 2008. Sampling Techniques for Forest Inventories. Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton.
- Mingcan L, Lu W, Gadow KV. 1999. Thinning inventory technique and its application in forest resource inventory. J For Res 10: 79-82. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02855531
- Neyman J. 1938. Contribution to the theory of sampling human populations. J American Statis Assoc 33: 101-116. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1938.10503378
- Pique M, Obon B, Condes S, Saura S. 2011. Comparison of relascope and fixed-radius plots for the estimation of forest stand variables in northeast Spain: an inventory simulation approach. Eur J For Res 130: 851-859. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10342-010-0477-x
- Rao JNK. 1973. On double sampling for stratification and analytical surveys. Biometrika 60: 125-133. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/60.1.125