- Volume 31 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Rice Straw Steaming Time and Mixing Ratio between Acacia mangium Willd Wood and Steamed Rice Straw on the Properties of the Mixed Particleboard
Tran, Van Chu;Le, Xuan Phuong
- Received : 2015.02.26
- Accepted : 2015.04.24
- Published : 2015.05.31
This study examined the effects of rice straw steaming time and mixing ratio between rice straw and wood particle on the properties of mixed particle board from Acacia mangium Willd wood and rice straw. Rice straw and Acacia mangium Willd wood were collected in Hanoi, Vietnam. The particle board was three-layer particle board with the structural ratio of 1:3:1. The thickness, density and board size of the particle board were 18 mm,
Acacia mangium Willd wood;internal bond strength (IB);mixed particle board;rice straw;steaming
- Lambini CK, Nguyen TT. 2014. A Comparative analysis of the effects of institutional property rights on forest livelihoods and forest conditions: evidence from Ghana and Vietnam. Forest Policy and Economics 38: 178-190. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2013.09.006
- Li X, Cai Z, Winandy JE, Basta AH. 2011. Effect of oxalic acid and steam pretreatment on the primary properties of UF-bonded rice straw particleboards. Industrial Crops and Products 33: 665-669. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2011.01.004
- Mantanis G, Berns J. 2001. Strawboards bonded with urea formaldehyde resins. In the Proceedings of the 35th International Particleboard/Composite Materials Symposium. 15th-17th, April, 2001. WSU, Pullman.
- Mei C, Zhou D. 2001. Effect of straw substitution level on properties of wood-straw hybrid particleboard. Nanjing Forestry University, China.
- Mo X, Hu J, Sun XS, Ratto JA. 2001. Compression and tensile strength of low density straw protein particleboard. Industrial Crops and Products 14: 1-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0926-6690(00)00083-2
- Hien NT. 2011. Effects of rice straw softening treatment conditions to the quality of particleboard from rice straw. Master thesis. Vietnam Forestry University, Hanoi. (in Vietnamese)
- Hung LT. 2010. Study on some rice straw pretreatment methods to improve its bondability by using chemicals. Master thesis. Vietnam Forestry University, Hanoi. (in Vietnamese)
- Ngoc LV. 2010. Optimum pressing conditions for manufacturing particleboard from rice straw using as building materials. Master thesis. Vietnam Forestry University, Hanoi. (in Vietnamese)
- Nguyen NT. 2012. Land reform and farm production in the northern uplands of Vietnam. Asian Economic Journal 26: 43-61. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8381.2011.02067.x
- Han G, Deng J, Zhang S, Bicho P, Wu Q. 2010. Effect of steam explosion treatment on characteristics of wheat straw. Industrial Crops and Products 31: 28-33. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2009.08.003
- Nguyen TT, Bauer S, Uibrig H. 2010. Land privatization and afforestation incentive of rural farms in the northern uplands of Vietnam. Forest Policy and Economics 12: 518-526. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2010.05.007
- Nguyen TT. 2008. The impact of land reform on farm households in the northern uplands of Vietnam. Margraf Publishers, Weikersheim.
- Nguyen TT, Pham VD, Tenhunen J. 2013. Linking regional land use and payments for forest hydrological services: A case study of Hoa Binh Reservoir in Vietnam. Land Use Policy 33: 130-140. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2012.12.015
- Nguyen TT, Koellner T, Le QB, Lambini C, Choi I, Shin HJ, Pham VD. 2014. An economic analysis of reforestation with a native tree species: the case of Vietnamese farmers. Biodiversity and Conservation 23(4): 811-830. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10531-014-0635-4
- Rowell RM. 1998. The state of art and future development of biobased composite science and technology towards the 21st Century. In the proceedings of the 4th Pacific Rim bio-based composite symposium, 2nd-5th, November, Bogor.
- Bi NV. 2005. Experimental design. Vietnam Forestry University, Hanoi. (in Vietnamese)
- Binod P, Sindhu R, Singhania RR, Vikram S, Devi L, Nagalakshmi S, Kurien N, Sukumaran RK, Pandey A. 2010. Bioethanol production from rice straw: an overview. Bioresource Technology 101: 4767-4774. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2009.10.079
- Cai Z, Winandy JE. 2006. Opportunities for using bio-based fibers for value added composites. In the proceedings of the 8th Pacific Rim bio-based composite symposium. 20-23 November, 2006, Kuala Lumpur.
- Chu TV. 2001. Research on manufacturing fire retardant particleboard. PhD thesis. Forest Science Institute of Vietnam, Hanoi. (in Vietnamese)
- Duc NV. 2005. Solutions to preserve particleboard. PhD thesis. Forest Science Institute of Vietnam, Hanoi. (in Vietnamese)
- Duong HT. 2004. Research on solutions to improve the quality of particleboard. PhD thesis. Forest Science Institute of Vietnam, Hanoi. (in Vietnamese)
- GSO (Vietnam General Statistics Office). 2014. Statistical handbook of Vietnam 2013. Hanoi.
- Haimes YY, Lasdon LS, Wismer DA. 1971. On a bicriterion formulation of the problems of integrated system identification and system optimization. IEEE Trans Syst Man Cybern SMC-1: 296-297. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSMC.1971.4308298
- Saadatnia M, Ebrahimi G, Tajvidi M. 2008. Comparing sound absorption characteristic of acoustic boards made of Aspen particles and different percentage of Wheat and Barely straws. 17th World Conference on Nondestructive Testing, 25-28 Oct. 2008, Shanghai, China.
- Thiet NV. 1996. Research on the manufacturing technology of particleboard from Ceiba pentandra wood. Research Report. Hanoi. (in Vietnamese)
- Wang W, Zhang X, Lu R. 2006. Adhesive application method in MDI-U-F particleboard manufacture. Front For China 2: 225-229.
- Yang HS, Kim DJ, Kim HJ. 2003. Rice straw-wood particle composite for sound absorbing wooden construction materials. Bioresource Technology 86: 117-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0960-8524(02)00163-3
- Youngquist YA, English BE, Spelter H, Chow P. 1993. Agricultural fibers in composition panels. In the Proceedings of the 35th International Particleboard/Composite Materials Symposium, 15th-17th, April, 2001. WSU, Pullman.