- Volume 31 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis on the Influence of Building Coverage Ratio and Floor Area Ratio on Sunlight Environment and Outdoor Thermal Environment in Flat-type Apartment Houses
판상형 공동주택의 건폐율 및 용적률이 일조·옥외열환경에 미치는 영향 분석
- Jung, Suk-Jin ;
- Yoon, Seong-Hwan
- 정숙진 ;
- Received : 2015.03.05
- Accepted : 2015.05.04
- Published : 2015.05.30
As development density increases due to an increase in demand for apartment houses according to economic growth, a trend toward high density high rise apartment occurs. Accordingly, a bad influence is exerted on residential environment. Besides, the actual condition is that microclimate in urban space is getting worse due to an increase in artificial structure coverage ratio and imprudent apartment house block planning. For the improvement of urban microclimate and comfortable residential environment, a design that considers sunlight environment and outdoor thermal environment is needed in planning an apartment complex. And quantitative review and relevant baseline data accumulation is required. We quantitatively evaluated and analyzed an effect produced on the sunlight environment and outdoor thermal environment according to the change of floor area ratio and building coverage ratio, a main factor of building density in apartment houses. Sunlight environment is more sensitively affected by the change of building coverage ratio than that of floor area ratio under the same conditions of distance between buildings. The percentage of apartments having insufficient solar access decreased by an average of 2.1% according to the increase of floor area ratio. On the other hand, in case the building coverage ratio increased, it increased by an average of 25.2%. With regard to outdoor thermal environment, as floor area ratio increases, average building surface temperature decreases by 1.6~2.0% and average MRT decreases by 3.2~4.5%. Besides, it is possible to find that a daily variation in HIP becomes larger according to the increase of floor area ratio than according to the change of building coverage ratio. It is thought that the reason is that sunlight environment and outdoor thermal comfort in summer is largely affected by sun shade in comparison, and in case of HIP, the effect of artificial structure coverage ratio such as roof slab area is more dominant. It is believed that building density needs to be planned in consideration of comfortable residential environment in planning an apartment complex. And it is thought that a plan to which an environment-friendly technique is applied should be made according to whether floor area ratio and building coverage ratio is applied.
Flat-type Apartment Houses;Sunlight Environment;Outdoor Thermal Environment;Heat Island Potential;Mean Radiant Temperature;Floor Area Ratio;Building Coverage Ratio;length to width ratio
- Asawa, T., Hoyano, A., & Nakaohkubo, K. (2007). Thermal design tool for outdoor spaces based on heat balance simulation using a 3D-CAD system, Building and Environment, 43(12), 2112-2123.
- Bae, W., & Yoon, K. (2012). A Design Guideline of the Apartment House Complex for Mitigation of Heat Island Effect, Journal of the Urban Design Institute of Korea, 13(2), 47-60.
- Cho, K., Choi, D., & Noh, S. (2002). An Impact Analysis on the Heating Energy by Sunlight Environment of Apartment House, Review of Architecture and Building Science, 18(10), 267-272.
- Hwang, H., & Lee, J. (2006). The Analysis of the Sunshine Condition of Tower-type Apartment Houses, Review of Architecture and Building Science, 22(1), 219-226.
- Jeon, M., Lee, S., Kim, J., Lee, S., & Kim, T. (2010). Evaluation of the Thermal Environment and Comfort in Apartment complex using Unsteady-state CFD simulation, Journal of Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, 10(4), 67-73.
- Jeong, S. (2010). Quantification of Outdoor Thermal Environmental Information in Summer for the Design of Green Apartment Housing, M.S. Thesis, Pusan National University, 76.
- Kim, K., & Kim, K. (2006). Evaluation of Solar Access for an Individual Apartment Unit According to Different Types of Building Blocks and its Layout, Review of Architecture and Building Science, 22(9), 275-282.
- Kim, J., Piao, H., Park, B., Kim, T., & Leigh, S. (2010). Analysis of Outdoor Thermal Environment in Space Arrangement of Apartment Complex in Summer by Actual Measurement and CFD Simulation, Review of Architecture and Building Science, 26(5), 335-342.
- Kim, J., & Yang, S. (2011). Analysis on the Sola Environmental Changes According to the Amendment of Apartment Planning Indexes in Seoul, Review of Architecture and Building Science, 27(5), 203-210.
- Kim, S., & Yee, J. (2011). A Sunlight Analysis according to Block Layout Pattern and Distance in Flat-type and Tower-type Apartment Housing, Journal of the Regional Association of Architectural Institute of Korea, 13(01), 189-196.
- Kim, H., Moon, J., & Kim, K. (2014). A Design Methodology of Perimeter Block Housing in Consideration of Natural Daylighting, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 30(9), 87-98.
- Lee, S., Park, S., Shin, K., & Choi, M. (2005). A Study on the Sunlight Environment of Mulit-unit Residential Building Complex Affected by Floor Area Ratio, Review of Architecture and Building Science, 21(4), 191-198.
- Lee, J. (2009). The Various Planning Methods of the Sun Shade based Layoust of Apartment Buildings, Journal of Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, 25(02), 193-202.
- Lee, J., & Lee, S. (2010). The Daylight Simulation Using Ecotect Analysis 2010 According to the Arrangement and the Distance of Apartment Housing, Journal of the Institute of Construction Technology, 29(2), 73-39.
- Lee, J. (2011). Study on the Application Methods of the Various Types of Apartment Buildings based on the Sun Shade Layout and the Possibility of the Advanced Application to PUD Planning, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 27(2), 165-176.
- Oh, K., Seo, A., & Jung, S. (2009). Planning Apartment Complexes to Enhance Thermal Environment, Journal of the Korea Society of Environmental Restoration Technology, 12(2), 83-94.
- Park, E., & Kang, B. (2008). Study on the Change of Sunlight Environment Impact on the Neighboring Areas following the Layout Plans of Apartment Complexes, Review of Architecture and Building Science, 24(3), 11-22.
- Park, N. (2012). A Study on the Changes in Characteristics of Unit Plan in National Housing Scale Apartment, M.S. Thesis, Myongji University, 12-17.
- Ryu, J., Jung, E., & Akira, H. (2011). A Study on Evaluation of Thermal Environment Following the Alleviation of the Limit on Number of Floors of Apartment Complexes, Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 22(3), 93-100.
- Statistics Korea. (2014). Population and Housing Census.
- Yoon, S., & Jeong, S. (2008). Evaluation of Outdoor Thermal Environment in Summer of Flat-type Apartment Houses and Tower-type Apartment Houses Using Numerical Simulation of All-Surface-Temperature of 3-Dimension, Journal of Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, 24(10), 259-266.
- Yoon, S., & Jeong, S. (2009). Predictive Evaluation of Outdoor Thermal Environment in Summer of Apartment Housing According to Building Types and Site Planning Types, Journal of Korea Institute of Ecological Architecture and Environment, 25(9), 321-328.
- Changes in Sunlight and Outdoor Thermal Environment Conditions Based on the Layout Plan of Flat Type Apartment Houses vol.8, pp.9, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3390/en8099155
Supported by : 한국연구재단