- Volume 31 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Architectural Characteristics and Plans of Urban Hanok outside Seodaemun Gate in Seoul - Focusing on the Gyonam-dong 91·91-3 -
서울 서대문밖 도시한옥의 평면과 구조특성에 관한 연구 - 교남동 91·91-3번지를 중심으로 -
- Jeong, Chun-Hwan
- Received : 2015.03.05
- Accepted : 2015.05.13
- Published : 2015.05.30
All urban tissue of the Gyonam-Dong district were dismantled by 'the Donuimun district 1 urban renewal project' in 2015. The spatial ranges of this urban renewal project include Gyonam-Dong, Gyobuk-Dong, Haengchon-Dong, Hongpa-Dong, Songweol-Dong, Pyeong-Dong, Sinmunro-2ga. There were about 215 units of urban Hanok at the Gyonam-Dong district besides Sinmunro. Those were mostly constructed from 1920s to 1960s. This study analyzed the architectural characteristics of urban Hanok at the Gyonam-Dong district through the unit of the Gyonam-Dong
Girder Connection Method;Lots-Subdivision;Mancho-Creek;Hanok-store;Donuimun
- Jeon, B., & Kwon Y. (2012). Hanok and History of Korea house, Dongnyok, 164-167.
- Kim, D., Kwon Y., & Jeon B. (2009). A Study of the Simplified Hanok in Seoul in the 1950s, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 25(12), 231-242.
- Kim, Y., & Song I. (2005). A Research on the construction method of the upper part of the post, Traditional Urban Housing in Bukchon, Seoul, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 21(11), 91-92.
- Korea Architectural Concept Dictionary Planning Committee (2013). Korea architectural concept dictionary, Dongnyok, 299-300.
- Song I. (1988). A Study on the Plan Types of Urban Traditional Housing, -the case of Ga-hoe dong traditional resdential district-, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 4(1), 61-68.
- Song I. (1990). A Study on the Types of Urban Traditional Housing in Seoul from 1930 to 1960, Ph.D. Dissertation of Seoul National University, 90-93, 126.
- Song I., & Kim Y. (2005). The Roof Construction Method of Urban Hanok in Bukchon, Seoul, Journal of Architectural History, 14(4), 87-100.