- Volume 31 Issue 5
The School districts of Seoul has been designated as boundaries according to the number of students and schools in order to providing free public education service. As schools even in downtown areas are used to have vacant classrooms because of the decrease in students, they open to students from newly developed high density areas. In the situation, there are emerging risks especially for young children who should commute their schools on foot cross streets widen by new district plan. In a case of urban development, there should provide a certain portion of total floor area as community facility by urban codes but in general, the facility is too large to manage and operate within a site. Although rearranging public schools of K-12 in terms of urban housing renewal might be a risky approach that could take out local memories shared by society groups, it is quite a urgent issue to figure out inefficient operation of education resources such as vacant classrooms, remote commute, and poor education program originated from student decrease in local districts. This research consists of three main parts; the first, the typological development of community unit in proximity, the second, the analytical progress of community optimization for urban renewal, and the third, the five phases of education community relating to primitive coverage, social identity, interface circuits, feasible patterns, and spiritual enforcement.
Urban Housing Renewal;Neighborhood School Cluster;School District;Education Facility
- Arthur, J., & Bailey, R. (2000). Schools and Community: The Communitarian Agenda in Education. Falmer Press, 70-94.
- Axelrod, R. (1997). The Complexity of Cooperation: Agent Based Models of Competition and Collaboration. Princeton University Press, 136-137.
- Baek, S. K. (2013). Revolution of Apartment Community...Good Management. MK News.
- Chadwick, K. G. (2004). Improving Schools through Community Engagement: A Practical Guide for Educators. Corwin Press, 73-102.
- Cho, J. S. (2013). A Design Study on the Lifelong Education Building Considering with Communication. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 29(4), 119-126.
- Cho, M. (2011). Elementary School 1st Grade, Exposed to Car Accidents Most Weakly. Prime Economics.
- Cohen, A. P. (1985). The Symbolic Construction of Community. Routledge, 39-109.
- Deleuze, G. (2004) Difference and Repetition. Trans. Kim, S. H. Minumsa Press, 264-267.
- Eum, S. W. (2014). Additional Re-zoning of 8 Seoul New Town Areas. HanKyoReh.
- Han, K. H., Han, K. E., & Lee, Y. (2013). An Analysis on Sphere of Living for Sustainable Community Organizations. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 29(7), 163-170.
- Jang, D. H., & Park, S. B. (2013). Structural Equation Modeling of Relationship among Apartment Residents' Outdoor Space Use, Neighborhoodship, and Sense of Community. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 29(12), 123-130.
- Jun, J. H. (2011). Alleviating Layout Act of Elementary School to per 4000-6000 Houses. Chosun Biz.
- Kang, H. S., & Lee, Y. S. (2015). A Study on the Characteristics of Community Facility in Foreign Public Rental Housing Residences. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 31(3), 23-30.
- Kim, J. L., Cho, Y. T., & Kim, S. Y. (2012). A Study on the Planning Strategy for Community Facilities Considering Residents' Characteristics of Bogeumjari Housing District. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 28(11), 19-28.
- Kim, J. H. (2011). Is Car Accidents of Children Reducing? Asia Today.
- Kimm, W. Y. (2008). Ubiquitous Public Domain: Network Learning Community, The Institutional Development of Elementary and Lifelong Education, Dissertation, GSD, Harvard University, 192-222.
- Lee, J. H. (2015). Seoul City, Building '10 to 80 year old' Life-long School. Yonhap News.
- Lee, T. K., Kang, H. G., & Park, S. B. (2013). A Study on the Residents' Evaluation for the Component of High-Rise and High-Density Apartment Community. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 29(8), 3-12.
- Lim, S. Y. (2014). Up and Down of Social Commerce in the 1st Rank of this Year. MK News.
- Lim, Y. J., & Lee, Y. S. (2013). A Study on Planning of Community Based Child-care Supporting Facility Using Resident Participation. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 29(12), 15-23.
- Mackenzie, A. (2010). Wirelessness: Radical Empiricism in Network Cultures, MIT Press, 115-117.
- Miskelly, C., & Fleuriot, C. (2006). Layering Community Media in Place. Digital Creativity, 17(3), 163-173 https://doi.org/10.1080/14626260600882463
- Moon, J. S., Kim, K. Y., & Jun, B. K. (2015). A Study on the Characteristics of Community Expressed on Golden Lane Housing Project by Alison & Peter Smithson. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 31(4), 11-19.
- Park, J. E. (2013). Social Commerce WeMakePrice, 'Coffee Business' Launching. Financial News.
- Park, J. H., & Lee, S. H. (2013). Characteristics of the Street in Housing Complex based on Children's Active Transportation. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 29(11), 55-66.
- Peters, M., & Marshall, J. (1996). Individualism and Community: Education and Social Policy in the Postmodern Condition. Routledge Falmer, 63-112.
- Sanders, M. & Lewis, K. (2005). Building Bridges Toward Excellence: Community Involvement in High Schools, High School Journal, 88(3) 1-9.
- Shim, H. B., & Park, S. H. (2012). A Study of Social Issues and Decision Making Process of the School Location. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 28(12), 341-352.
- Shim, Y. S. (1998). A Study on the Network Model for Sharing Elementary Schools with Community Education in the City of Seoul. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 14(11), 81-90.
- Wagenet, L., & Pfeffe, M. (2007). Organizing Citizen Engagement for Democratic Environmental Planning, Society and Natural Resources, 20, 801-813. https://doi.org/10.1080/08941920701216578
- Won, N. R. (2013). New Trend of Children Community Facilities for Apartment. News Tomato.