- Volume 31 Issue 5
After an earthquake, the major concerns to damaged buildings are their safety/risk to aftershocks, quantitative damage assessment to evaluate their residual seismic capacity and to identify necessary actions on the damaged buildings. Few investigations on unreinforced masonry infill walls, however, have been made to quantitatively identify their damage level and criteria to judge necessary actions for their continued use, repair and rehabilitation although their damage has been often found in the past damaging earthquake. In this study, reinforced concrete (RC) frames with unreinforced concrete block (CB) walls for school buildings in Korea were tested under cyclic loadings to propose the evaluation method of their residual seismic capacity. In this paper, the relationships between the damage class represented by residual crack widths and the seismic capacity reduction factor
- Bunno, M., Maeda, M. & Nagata, M. (2000). Damage Level Classification of Reinforced Concrete Buildings based on Member Residual Seismic Performance, Proceedings of the Japan Concrete Institute, 22(3), 1447-1452.
- Choi, H. (2009a). Evaluation on Residual Deformation of RC Column with Unreinforced Masonry Infill Based on Their Residual Crack Width, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Structure & Construction, 25(7), 39-46.
- Choi, H. (2009b). Relationship Between Residual Crack Width and Residual Deformation of Unreinforced Masonry Infill Built-in Reinforced Concrete Frame, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Structure & Construction, 25(7), 55-62.
- JBDPA/The Japan Building Disaster Prevention Association (2001). Guidelines for post-earthquake damage evaluation and rehabilitation.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation (2002). Seismic Evaluation and Retrofit of Low-rise RC Buildings in Korea.
- Takahashi E., Takahashi, N. & Nakano Y. (2009). Experimental Study on Damage Propagation of R/C Members under Earthquakes, Proceedings of the Japan Concrete Institute, 31(2), 931-936.
- Takeda, T., Sozen, M.A. & Nielsen, N.N., (1970). Reinforced Concrete Response to Simulated Earthquakes, Journal of the Structural Division, Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers, 96(ST12), 2557-2573.
- AIK/Architectural Institute of Korea (2005). Standard Design Loads for Buildings.
- Bunno, M., Nagayama, K., Maeda, M. & Tasai, A. (2001). An Evaluation of Residual Seismic Capacity of Reinforced Concrete Columns based on Structural Damage, Proceedings of the Japan Concrete Institute, 23(3), 259-264.
- Choi, H. (2007). Cyclic Loading Test of Reinforced Concrete Frame with Unreinforced Concrete Block Infill, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Structure & Construction, 23(4), 71-78.