- Volume 25 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Identification of Novel Standard Compounds for Standardization of Sinbaro3 Pharmacopuncture
신바로3 약침의 표준화를 위한 지표물질 검색
- Lee, Jin-Ho (Jaseng Spine and Joint Research Institute, Jaseng Medical Foundation) ;
- Lee, Jae-Woong (Jaseng Spine and Joint Research Institute, Jaseng Medical Foundation) ;
- Kim, Min-Jeong (Jaseng Spine and Joint Research Institute, Jaseng Medical Foundation) ;
- Kim, Eun-Jee (Jaseng Spine and Joint Research Institute, Jaseng Medical Foundation) ;
- Lee, In-Hee (Jaseng Spine and Joint Research Institute, Jaseng Medical Foundation)
- Received : 2015.03.16
- Accepted : 2015.03.31
- Published : 2015.04.30
Objectives To investigate and validate potential standard compounds for standardization of Sinbaro3 pharmacopuncture prepared at OO Hospital of Korean Medicine. Methods Sinbaro3 pharmacopuncture was prepared by extraction, purification and hydrolysis of Harpagophytum procumbens, and various potential standard compounds were quantified through HPLC-UV and HPLC-MS analysis. Validation was examined by assessing specificity, linearity, precision, and accuracy. Results The retention time of harpagide and cinnamic acid were 15.2 min and 28.2 min, respectively, and both showed good linearity in analysis by concentration at 0.9999 and 0.9998, respectively. Intra-day variation of precision was 0.0015~0.0045% and 0.0058~0.1629%, while inter-day variation of precision was 0.0011~0.0243% and 0.0098~0.1629%, and that of accuracy was 99.53~99.89% and 99.50~99.91%, respectively. Conclusions Harpagide and cinnamic acid, which are hydrolyzates of harpagoside within Sinbaro3 pharmacopuncture, were both validated using HPLC-MS and HPLC-UV analysis, and Sinbaro3 pharmacopuncture contained 78.41 ug/ml harpagide, and 2.05 ug/ml cinnamic acid.
- Stewart K. M., Cole D. The commercial harvest of devil's claw (Harpagophytum spp.) in southern Africa : The devil's in the details. J. Ethnopharm. 2005;100:225-36. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jep.2005.07.004
- Bradly P. British Herbal Compendium vol. I. Bournemouth : British Herbal Medicine Association. 1992.
- Vlachojannis J1, Roufogalis BD, Chrubasik S. Systematic review on the safety of Harpagophytum preparations for osteoarthritic and low back pain. Phytother Res. 2008; 22(2):149-52. https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.2314
- Lanhers MC. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect of an aqueous extract of Harpagophytum procumbens. Planta Med. 1992;58(2):117-23 https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2006-961411
- Costa De Pasquale R, Busa G, Circosta C, Iauk L, Rarusa S, Ficarra P, Occhiuto F. A drug used in traditional medicine: Harpagophytum procumbens DC Effects on hyperkinetic ventricular arrhythmias by reperfusion, J Ethnopharmacol. 1985;13(2):193-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-8741(85)90006-6
- Wegener T. Degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system - overview of current clinical studies of Devil's Claw (Harpagophyti radix). Wien. Med. Wochenschr 2002; 152:389-92 https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1563-258X.2002.02059.x
- Brien S., Lewith G. T., Mcgregor G. Devil's Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens) as a Treatment for Osteoarthritis: A Review of Efficacy and Safety. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2006;12(10): 989-93
- Eich J., Schmidt M., Betti G. HPLC Analysis of Iridoid Compounds of Harpagophytum taxa: quality control of pharmaceutical drug material. Pharm Pharmacol Lett. 1998; 8:75-8.
- Bermejo Benito P1, Diaz Lanza AM, Silvan Sen AM, De Santos Galindez J, Fernandez Matellano L, Sanz Gomez A, Abad Martinez MJ. Effects of some Iridoids from Plant Origin on Arachidonic Acid Metabolismin Cellular Systems. Planta Med. 2000;6:324-8.
- Eichler O., Koch C. Antiphlogistic, analgesic and spasmolytic effect of harpagoside, a glycoside from the root of Harpagophytum procumbens DC. Arzneimittelforschung. 1970;20:107-9.
- Whitehouse L. W., Znamirowska M., Paul C. J. Devil's Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens): no evidence for antiinflammatory activity in the treatment of arthritic disease. Can. Med. Assoc. J. 1983;129:249-51.
- McLeod D. W., Revell P., Robinson B. V. Investigations of Harpagophytum procumbens (Devil's Claw) in the treatment of experimental inflammation and arthritis in the rat [proceedings]. Br. J. Pharmacol. 1979;66:140-1.
- 식약처. 대한약전외한약(생약)규격집. 의약품각조, 하르파고피툼근. 2012:381
- Kathe W., Barsch F., Honnef S. Trade in Devil's Claw (Harpagophytum procumbens) in Germany - Status, Trends and Certification. Devil's Claw Report of FAO,WWF Germany / TRAFFIC Europe(04/25/03)
- Zhang L, Zhu T, Qian F, Xu J, Dorje G, Zhao Z, Guo F, Li Y. Iridoid glycosides isolated from Scrophularia dentata Royle ex Benth. and their anti-inflammatory activity. Fitoterapia. 2014;98:84-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fitote.2014.07.005
- Wen BY, Li JR. Pharmacokinetics of 8-O-acetylharpagide and harpagide after oral administration of Ajuga decumbens extract in beagle dog. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2013;38(12):2015-8.
- Colas C, Garcia P, Porot MA, Bonnaire Y, Bouchonnet S. Liquid chromatography / electrospray ionization mass spectrometric characterization of Harpagophytum in equine urine and plasma. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2006; 20(22):3257-66 https://doi.org/10.1002/rcm.2721
- Mahomed IM, Ojewole JA. Analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-diabetic properties of Harpagophytum procumbens DC (Pedaliaceae) secondary root aqueous extract. Phytother Res. 2004;18(12):982-9 https://doi.org/10.1002/ptr.1593
- 정재현, 윤영웅, 정승현, 김신웅, 최희승, 신동재, 왕선준. 한방치료 및 천수근약침을 병행하여 치료한 제 1형 복합부위통증 증후군 환자 치험 1례. 척추신경추나의학회지. 2013;8(1):63-73.
- 이승열, 김희정, 배상은, 김흥수, 이진호, 하인혁, 김철수. 천수근약침을 이용한 퇴행성 슬관절질환 치험 1례. 척추신경추나의학회지. 2013;8(2):123-30.
- 김영태, 김기현, 황현서, 김연섭. 天授根 藥鍼이 Adjuvant 誘發 關節炎에 미치는 影響. 대한침구의학회지. 2001; 18(2):27-36.
- A Case Report of Patients with Labrum Tear in Shoulder Treated by Oriental Therapy, Including Sinbaro3 Pharmacopuncture vol.33, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2016066
- The Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Shinbaro3 Is Mediated by Downregulation of the TLR4 Signalling Pathway in LPS-Stimulated RAW 264.7 Macrophages vol.2018, pp.1466-1861, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/4514329