- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
FMECA Procedure for Failure Analysis of Train High-Speed Circuit Breaker
전동차 고속차단기 고장 분석을 위한 FMECA 기법
- Kim, Sung-Ryeol (Department of Railway Electrical/Signalling Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Moon, Yong-Sun (Megaelec Co.) ;
- Choi, Kyu-Hyoung (Department of Railway Electrical/Signalling Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2015.03.19
- Accepted : 2015.05.07
- Published : 2015.05.31
FMECA(Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis) techniques to make quantitative evaluation of failure effects severity and criticality have been applied to systematic failure analysis for reliability improvement of train which should provide regular service and secure high level of safety as a mass transportation system. These FMECA techniques do not fully reflect the inherent train operation and maintenance circumstances because they are based on the FMECA standards devised for other industries such as automobile industry and FMECA standard dedicated to train industry has not been established yet. This paper analyzes FMECA standards for various industries, and suggests a FMECA technique dedicated to train industry which makes failure effect analysis and criticality analysis step by step and makes criticality analysis placing emphasis on the severity of the failure effect. The proposed technique is applied to FMECA of high-speed current breaker which is a core safety device of train using field failure data for 15 years of train maintenance. The FMECA results show that breakage of arc chute has the highest risk with 3rd severity class and 5th criticality class among all the components of high-speed circuit breaker. Damage and poor contact of electronic valve, and cylinder breakage with 3rd severity class and 4th criticality class are followed by. These results can be applied to improvement of design and maintenance process for high-speed circuit breaker of train.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- D. H. Stamatics, Failure Mode Effect Analysis : FMEA from Theory to Execution, ASQ, Milwaukee, 2003.
- J. H. Park, "Maintenance Method of Mail Sorting Machine Based on FMEA", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 1601-1607, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1601 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1601
- SAE-J1739, Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis in Design(Design FMEA) and Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis in Manufacturing and Assembly Process(Process FMEA), and Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis for Machinery, SAE, 2000.
- MIL-STD-1629A, "Procedures for Performing a Failure Mode and Effects and Criticality Analysis", DOD, 1980.
- IEC-60812 Analysis techniques for system reliability-Procedure for failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), IEC, 2001.
- B. N. Park, H. J. Joo, C. H. Lee, S. S. Lim, "A Study on FMEA for Railway Vehicle, Proceedings of Annual Spring Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 162-168, May, 2009.
- H. Y. Kim, J. C. Lee, "A Case Study on Improving for Operating ATC/ATO System and Driving Environment Using FMECA", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 15, No .6, pp. 550-557, 2012 https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.6.550
- C. An, D. Lee, Y. Son, H. Lee, "A Study for Reliability Improvem,ent of Belt Type Door System using FMECA", Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 58-64, 2010.
- X. Cheng, Z. Xing, et., al, "Reliability Analysis of Metro Door System Based on FMECA", Journal of Intelligent Learning Systems and Applications, Vol. 5, pp. 216-220, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/jilsa.2013.54024 https://doi.org/10.4236/jilsa.2013.54024
- J. H. Kim, H. Y. Jeong, J. S. Park, "Development of the FMECA Process and Analysis Methodology for the Railroad Systems", International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 753-759, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12239-009-0088-z https://doi.org/10.1007/s12239-009-0088-z