- Volume 29 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of Outdoor 50W-LED Module using Heat-pipe and Stack-fin
히트파이프 및 스택핀을 이용한 50W급 옥외용 LED 모듈개발
- Received : 2015.09.14
- Accepted : 2015.10.05
- Published : 2015.12.31
We proposed 50W-LED modules of using Heat-pipe and Stack-fin and produced LED modules was evaluated heat dissipation characteristics with comparison of the conventional die-casting type. It verified the application of products by applying it to 150W-LED road luminaires through simulation. The LED module was measures aimed design temperature of the Stack-fin and showed 26% upward heat dissipation effect than a conventional die-casting type. The luminous efficacy of 150W-LED road luminaires using this LED module reached over 112lm/W, and the simulation results showed average of horizontal luminance, overall luminance uniformity(
Heat-Sink;Heat-Pipe;Stack-Fin;Led Module;Outdoor Luminaire
- U. S. Department of Energy, "Multi-Year Program Plan", Solid-State Lighting Research and Development, April, 2014.
- S. B. Song, "LED Lighting Component Technology Trends and Forecasts", Proceeding of the KIIEE, Vol 29, No. 2, pp 22-34, March. 2015.
- LEMWA33X75GX1000 LG Innotek LED data sheet.
- W. J. Jang, Y. S. Jeon, "FTE Applying to the SSL outdoor luminaires", Proceeding of the KIIEE, Vol 24, No. 2, pp 42-46, March. 2010.
- B. J. Jung, S. W. Jang and Y. G. Roh, "Development of Optical System for 50W LED Security Lamp" Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 13, No. 1 pp. 296-305, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.1.296
- K. B. Kim and Y. Kim, "Analysis of Heat Transport Limitations of the Heat Pipe for Structural Characteristics of Sintered Metal Wick", KSAS, Vol 33, No. 9, pp 97-103, Sep. 2005.
- C. K. Loh, E. Harris and D. J. Chou, "Comparative Study of Heat Pipes Performances in Different Orientations", proceedings of the 21th IEEE SEMI-THERM Symposium, pp 191-195, March, 2005.
- K. S. Kim, "Study on the development of module type LED street light for the optimization of heat dissipation and light", Ph.D. dissertation, Univ. Seoul Venture, Korea, 2012.
- A. Messac, R. S. Birthwright, T. Harren-Lewis, and S. Rangavajhala, "Optimizing Thermoelectric Cascades to Increase The Efficiency of Thermoelectric Windows", 49th AIAA/ASME/ASCE Structures, Structural Dynamics and Material Conference, April, 2008.
- KS 7658, LED Luminaires for Road and Street Lighting, 2014.
- Relux Professional 2007 Manual.