- Volume 29 Issue 12
This paper proposes the method which is improved a performance of PO MPPT control in PV system. The PO method is continually changed voltage toward direction that increases power, and if output power is decreased by changing voltage, a power of the conventional PO method is changed to a power before one step. These operations causes reduce of MPPT performance. Therefore, this paper proposes the MPPT method that can be improved the performance of the conventional PO method. When voltage is changed to direction of reducing power, the method proposed in this paper is changed to the voltage the opposite direction of twice step size. The MPPT performance of proposed method in this paper is compared with conventional PO method and proved the validity of this paper using these results.
Photovoltaic;MPPT Algorithm;Perturbation & Observation
- J. S. Ko, "Intelligent MPPT Control and PV module Configuration Considering Environment Conditions of Photovoltaic System" Sunchon university, 2012.
- J. S. Choi, J. S. Ko, D. H. Chung, "Development of VPO MPPT of PV System Considering Shadow Influence" KIPE, vol. 16, no. 5, 2011.
- M. G. Jang, J. S. Choi, D. H. Chung, "A Novel MPPT Control of Photovoltaic Generation Using NFC Algorithm" KIEE, vol. 60, no. 10, 2011.
- Jin-Gook Lee Jae-Sub Ko Da-Eun Jeong Dong-Hwa Chung, "MPPT Control of Photovoltaic System using the Two-Mode IC Method" ICROS, vol. 2012, No. 10, 2012.
- J. H. Shim, S. D. Yang, S. H. Jung, J. Y. Choi, I. Choi, J. U. An, D. H. Lee, "Analysis of various MPPT algorithms for PCS" KSES, vol. 2010, no. 11, 2010.
- Lixia Sun, Zheng dan dan, Fengling Han, "Study on MPPT Approach in Photovoltaic System Based on Fuzzy Control" ICIEA, 2013.
- D. K. Sharma, G. Purohit, "Advanced Perturbation and Observation (P&O) based Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) of a Solar Photo-Voltaic System" IICPE, 2012.