- Volume 29 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Observation and Characteristics of Ozonizer using Injection Needle Electrode
주사바늘 전극형 오존발생기 특성 연구
- Received : 2015.09.08
- Accepted : 2015.10.16
- Published : 2015.12.31
Ozone is a powerful disinfectant and oxidizing agent, and it is used in a wide range of applications, such as waste water treatment, food processing, etc.. There is also a great potential of using ozone in new emerging medical applications, such as ozone dentistry and ozone oxygen therapy. For these purposes, simple, small, compact and efficient sources of ozone are needed. In this study, in order to increase the current-voltage range of the discharge and to avoid the overheating of the gas in the ozonizer we suggested ozonizer of injection needle and plate electrode type(INP Type) with the gas through the needle. A ozonizer of INP type have been investigated by focusing on ozone concentration and yield according to flow rates and Gap of two electrodes. The results of studies of ozone production for DC corona discharge in oxygen at atmospheric pressure about the ozonizer of INP type. The ozone concentration and the generation yield increased as the gap of two electrodes and gas flow were decreased. Also, when the gap of two electrodes and gas flow with no change, the ozone concentration and generation yield each have variation of direct proportion and inverse proportion with discharge voltage.
Ozonizer;Ozone Oxygen Therapy;Injection Needle;Corona Discharge;Corona Plasma
- Benita. P, "Ozone Therapy - A New Approach in Periodontal Management", IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences Volume 13, Issue 3 Ver. I. (Mar. 2014), PP 20-24.
- Jyoti P.,vVeeresh M. Nagathan, SubramaniamM. Rao,"Ozone in Dental Therapy: An Outlook" Int, Jounal of Clinical Dental Science, (may, 2013), pp 4-8.
- Seidler V, Linetskiy I, Hubalkova H, Stankova H, Smucler R, Mazanek J. "Ozone and Its Usage in General Medicine and Dentistry A Review Article." Prague Medical Report 2008; 109( 1): 5-13.
- Rip. G. Rice "Handbook of Ozone Technology and Application" [Butter Worth Publishers].
- A Jawored, A Krupa and T Czech, "Back-corona generated plasme for decomposition of hydrocarbon gaseous contaminants", J. Phys. D:Appl. Phys. Vol 29, pp.2439-2446, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/29/9/031
- Muaffaq A. Jani, K. Takaki, and T. Fujiwara, "Low-voltage operation of a plasma reactor for exhaust gas treatment by dielectric barrier discharge", REVIEW OF SCIENTIFIC INSTRUMENTS, Vol 69, No.4, pp. 1847-1849, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1148854
- Hyun-Jig Song, Byung-Joon Chun, Kwang-Sik Lee, Temperature Dependent Characteristics Combined Discharge Type Ozonizer(CDO) Vol.3-C, No.3, pp.106-112, AUG 2003, KIEE.
- Kwang-Sik Lee, Sang-Keun Lee, Hyun-Jig Song, Byung-Joon Chun, "The Characteristics of Ozone Generation in Superposed Discharge type Ozonizer", Proceedings of 1998 Korea-Japan Joint symposium on ED and HVE, pp.99-102, 1998.
- Kwang-Sik Lee, Hyun-Jig Song, Byung-Joon Chun,Ozone generation characteristics of a piled plate-type ozonizer Vol.21C, No.1, pp.33-37, FEB 2002 KIEE.
- Byung-Joon Chun, Sang-Keun Lee, Kwang-Sik Lee, "Ozone Generation Characteristics of a Piled Plate-Type Ozonize", KIEE Intertional Trans. on EA, 12C, No.1,pp.33-37, 2002.
- Junhong Chen, Jane H. Davidson "Ozone Production in the Positive DC Corona Discharge: Model and Comparison to Experiments" Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, December 2002, Volume 22, Issue 4, pp 495-522. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021315412208
- R. Morent and C. Leys, "Ozone Generation in Air by a DC-Excited Multi-Pin-to-Plane Plasma Source" Ozone: Science and Engineering, 27: 239-245, 03 Dec 2010.
- Junhong Chen, Jane H. Davidson "Ozone Production in the Negative DC Corona: The Dependence of Discharge Polarity" Plasma Chemistry and Plasma Processing, September 2003, Volume 23, Issue 3, pp 501-518. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1023235032455
- A Yehia, M Abdel-Salam and A Mizuno"On assessment of ozone generation in dc coronas", J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 33 (2000) 831-835. Printed in the UK. https://doi.org/10.1088/0022-3727/33/7/312
- Castle G S P, Inculet I I and Burgess K I 1969 "Ozone generation in positive corona electrostatic precipitators" IEEE Trans. Ind. Gen. Appl. 5 489-96.
- Awad M B and CastleGSP 1973 "Some parameters affecting the generation of ozone in positive and negative corona Proc." IEEE-IAS Annual Meeting 373-80.
- Gallo C F and CastleGSP 1978 "Parametric study of ozone generation by coronas"IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl.10 84-6.