- Volume 29 Issue 12
This paper describes a new method for enhancing the accuracy of network analysis applications in energy management systems. Topology processing, state estimation, power flow analysis, and contingency analysis play a key factor in the stable and reliable operation of power systems. In this respect, the aim of topology processing is to provide the electrical buses and the electrical islands with the actual state of the power system as input data. The results of topology processing is used to input of other applications. New method, which includes the topology error analysis based on inconsistency check, coherency check, bus mismatch check, and outaged device check is proposed to enhance the accuracy of network analysis. The proposed methodology is conducted by energy management systems and the Korean power systems have been utilized for the test systems.
Energy Management Systems;Network Analysis Application;Topology Processing;Topology Error Analysis
- M. Davis Hwang and B. Brewer, "Using state estimation for parameter and model error identification," IEEE Power Eng. Soc. Gener. Meet, pp. 1-3, Jul. 2010.
- M. Boddeti, D. Obadina, F. Garcia, N.D.R. Sarma, Yang Wu, and V. Kanduri, "ERCOT's Experiences in using pseudo measurements in state estimation," IEEE Power Eng. Soc. Gener. Meet, pp. 1-5, Jul. 2011.
- A. Abur and A. G. Exposito, Power System State Estimation-Theory and Implementation. New York: Marcel Dekker, 2004.
- Monticelli, State Estimation in Electric Power Systems: A Generalized Approach. Boston: Kluwer, 1999.
- D. Becker, H. Falk, J. Gillerman, S. Mauser, R. Podmore, and L. Schneberger, "Standards-based approach integrates utility applications," IEEE Comput. App. Power, vol. 11, pp. 13-20, Oct. 2000.
- Yoon-Sung Cho, Sang-Yun Yun, "Development of the contingency analysis program of Korean energy management system", The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 232-241. 2010.02.
- Y. S Cho, Y. S. Yun, J. Lee, S. I Heo, Y. J. Yun, H. S. Lee, "Development and Test of Network Analysis Program in Korea Energy Management System(K-EMS)", The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol. 59, No. 12, 2010, 60-68.
- Y. S Cho, "A Study on the Validation Methodology of Network Analysis Applications in Energy Management Systems", Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 28, No. 10, 2014, 27-36. https://doi.org/10.5207/JIEIE.2014.28.10.027
- Gu Chaojun, P. Jirutitijaroen, "Topology error processing based on forecast measurement errors," Power Systems Computation Conference, pp. 1-7, Aug. 2014.
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)