- Volume 50 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influence of Microstructure and Extender Oil on Cure Characteristics of Solution SBR Compounds
- Ko, Eunah (Department of Chemistry, Sejong University) ;
- Choi, Sung-Seen (Department of Chemistry, Sejong University)
- Received : 2015.02.26
- Accepted : 2015.04.03
- Published : 2015.06.30
Cure characteristics of non-oil-extended solution SBR (S-SBR_NO) and oil-extended solution SBR (S-SBR_ EO) compounds reinforced with silica/carbon black were investigated. Minimum and maximum torques of S-SBR_ EO compounds were much smaller than those of S-SBR_NO ones. Delta torques of S-SBR_NO compounds were greater than those of S-SBR_EO ones, and that of S-SBR_NO compound increased with increase in the 1,2-unit content. Optimum cure time (
- S.-S. Choi and H.-M. Kwon, "Analytical method for determination of butadiene and styrene contents of styrene-butadiene rubber vulcanizates without pretreatment using pyrolysis-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry", Polym. Test., 38, 87 (2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2014.07.005
- S.-H. Jang, W.-S. Kim, Y.-G. Kang, M.-H. Han, and S.-M. Chang, "Study on mixing condition of the rubber composite containing functionalized S-SBR, silica and silane; II. Effect of mixing temperature and time", Elast. Compos., 48, 103 (2013). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2013.48.2.103
- S.-H. Jang, W.-S. Kim, Y.-G. Kang, M.-H. Han, and S.-M. Chang, "Study on mixing condition of the rubber composite containing functionalized S-SBR, silica and silane; I. Effect of mixing temperature", Elast. Compos., 48, 94 (2013). https://doi.org/10.7473/EC.2013.48.2.94
- X. Liu and S. H. Zhao, "Study on structure and properties of SSBR/SiO2 co?coagulated rubber and SSBR filled with nanosilica composites", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 109, 3900 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.28621
- R. Bond, G. F. Morton, and L. H. Krol, "A tailor-made polymer for tyre applications", Polym., 25, 132 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1016/0032-3861(84)90278-7
- L. R. Hutchings, S. M. Kimani, D. M. Hoyle, D. J. Read, C. Das, T. C. B. McLeish, T. Chang, H. Lee, and D. Auhl, "In silico molecular design, synthesis, characterization, and rheology of dendritically branched polymers: closing the design loop", ACS Macro Lett., 1, 404 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1021/mz300059k
- K. W. Stockelhuber, A. S. Svistkov, A. G. Pelevin, and G. Heinrich, "Impact of filler surface modification on large scale mechanics of styrene butadiene/silica rubber composites", Macromolecules, 44, 4366 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma1026077
- H. Feng, X. Zhang, and S. Zhao, "Tin-coupled star-shaped block copolymer of styrene and butadiene (I) synthesis and characterization", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 110, 228 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.28622
- L. Qu, G. Yu, L. Wang, C. Li, Q. Zhao, and J. Li, "Effect of filler-elastomer interactions on the mechanical and nonlinear viscoelastic behaviors of chemically modified silica-reinforced solution-polymerized styrene butadiene rubber", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 126, 116 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.36677
- H. D. Luginsland, J. Frohlich, and A. Wehmeier, "Influence of different silanes on the reinforcement of silica-filled rubber compounds", Rubber Chem. Tech., 75, 563 (2002). https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3544984
- N. Kumar, R. K. Khandelwal, P. L. Meena, K. S. Meena, T. K. Chaki, D. K. Mahla, and S. Dasgupta, "Chemical analysis on different oils use in tyre tread cap compound", Int. J. Chem. Environ. Pharm. Res., 2, 12 (2011).
- H. G. Lee, H. S. Kim, S. T. Cho, L. T. Jung, and C. T. Cho, "Characterization of solution styrene butadiene rubber (SBR) through the evaluation of static and dynamic mechanical properties and fatigue in silica-filled compound", Asian. J. Chem., 25, 5251 (2013).
- S.-S. Choi, "Characterization of bound rubber of filled styrene- butadiene rubber compounds using pyrolysis-gas chromatography", J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, 55, 161 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-2370(99)00095-9
- S.-S. Choi, "Influence of storage time and temperature and silane coupling agent on bound rubber formation in filled styrene- butadiene rubber compounds", Polym. Test., 21, 201 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0142-9418(01)00071-X
- S.-S. Choi, "Effect of bound rubber on characteristics of highly filled styrene-butadiene rubber compounds with different types of carbon black", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 93, 1001 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.20567
- S.-S. Choi, "Cure characteristics of carbon black-filled rubber compounds composed of NR, SBR, and BR", Elast. Compos., 35, 215 (2000).
- A. M. Zaper and J. L. Koenig, "Solid state carbon-13 NMR studies of vulcanized elastomers. II, sulfur vulcanization of natural rubber", Rubber Chem. Technol., 60, 252 (1987). https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3536129
- S. Lee, "Studies on the physical properties of synthetic rubber blends containing reinforcing fillers", Elast. Compos., 33, 274 (1998).
- M. A. Fath, "Vulcanization of elastomers", Rubber World, 208, 15 (1993).
- S.-S. Choi, "Influence of the silica content on rheological behaviour and cure characteristics of silica filled styrenebutadiene rubber compounds", Polym. Int., 50, 524 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1002/pi.660
- L. R. Evans and W. C. Fultz, "The tire tread compounds with silica/CB blends", Rubber World, 219, 38 (1998).
- A. Hasan, Rochmadi, H. Sulistyo, and S. Honggokusumo, "The effect of rubber mixing process on the curing characteristics of natural rubber", Makara J. Tech., 16, 109 (2012).
- A. S. Aprem, S. Jose, S. Thomas, N. M. Barkoula, and J. K. Kocsis, "Influence of hygrothermally degraded polyester-urethane on physical and mechanical properties of chloroprene rubber", Eur. Polym. J., 39, 69 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0014-3057(02)00183-0