- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Sa-am Acupuncture Simpo-jeongkyeok Treatment on the Blood Pressure, Pulse Rate, and Body Temperature
- Choi, Woo-Jin (Department of Neuropsychiatry, College of Korean Medicine, Sangji University) ;
- Cho, Yoon-Young (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Sangji University) ;
- Sun, Seung-Ho (Department of Internal Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Sangji University)
- Received : 2015.01.09
- Accepted : 2015.03.19
- Published : 2015.06.30
Objectives: The present study evaluated the effects of sa-am acupuncture (SAA) simpo-jeongkyeok (SPJK) treatment on the blood pressure (BP), pulse rate (PR), and body temperature (BT) of patients with hwa byung (HB). Methods: This patient assessor blind, randomized, placebo controlled trial included 50 volunteers, divided randomly into two groups. The treatment group underwent SPJK (PC9, LR1, PC3, KI10) while the control (sham) group received minimal needle insertion at non acupoints. The BP in both arms, PR, and BT at several acupoints were measured before and after treatment at the
Supported by : Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Kim JW, Kim SY. [Clinical guidelines for hwab-yung I. (overview)]. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2013:24(Spc1):3-14. Korean. https://doi.org/10.7231/jon.2013.24.Spc1.003
- American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorder. Washington: American Psychiatric Association: 1994. 943p.
- Ahn CB, Jang KJ, Yoon HM, Kim CH, Min YK, Song CH, et al. Sa-ahm five element acupuncture. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2010;3(3):203-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2005-2901(10)60037-4
- Ahn CB, Jang KJ, Yoon HM, Kim CH, Min YK, Song CH, et al. A study of the sa-ahm five element acupuncture theory. J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2009;2(4):309-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/S2005-2901(09)60074-1
- Choi WJ, Lee SG, Park KM. [A comparative study of the differences among PC9, TE3, PC5, and TE1 and their effects on the EEG]. Korean J Acupunct. 2009;26(2):15-25. Korean.
- Textbook Compilation Committe of Dept. [Meridian & acupoint in Korean medical college. the meridian and acupoint study]. Wonju: Uibang publishing company; 2009. 159 p. Korean.
- Song MD, Ko SG, Cho KH, Kim YS, Bae HS, Lee KS. [Review on pericardium organ - focusing on comparison of disease pattern between Korean medicine and Western medicine]. J Int Korean Med. 1994;15(1):99-115. Korean.
- Park YS, Kim EM, Kim YI, Hong KE, Lee H. [The depressive effect of sa-am acupuncture (膀胱政格) treatment in stroke patients]. The acupuncture. 2004;21(4):217-24. Korean.
- Hong KE, Park YC, Jo JH, Jo HG, Jeong IC, Kang WC, et al. [Effect of sa-am acupuncture method for chronic tension-type headache: a randomized controlled trial]. The acupuncture. 2007;24(1):13-28. Korean.
- Lee IS, Youn HM, Jung KK, Kim SM, Min YK, Kim CH, et al. [Effect of sa-am acupuncture treatment on the dysmenorrhea (pilot study, single blind, randomized, sham acuncture, controlled clinical trial)]. The acupuncture. 2007;24(3):63-79. Korean.
- Kim SC, Jang EH, Na WM, Lee SY, Lee JD, Moon HC, et al. [A pilot study of sa-am acupuncture treatment used by sham acupuncture for the simple obesity]. The acu-puncture. 2007;24(5):67-88.
- Jung IC, Lee SR, Park YC, Hong KE, Lee YK, Kang WC, et al. [The effect of sa-am acupuncture simjeongkyeok treatment for major symptom of hwa-byung]. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2008;19(1):1-18. Korean.
- Jung IC, Lee SR, Park YC, Hong KE, Koo YS, Jo JH, et al. [The effect of sa-am acupuncture treatment for majo symptom of hwa-byung: a preliminary study]. J of Oriental Neuropsychiatry. 2007;18(1):79-94. Korean.
- Choi WJ, Lee SG, Son IB, Sun SH. [The effects of sa-am acupuncture simpojeongkyeok treatment on hwabyung: randomized, patient-assessor blind, placebo-controlled acupuncture, pilot clinical trial]. J of Oreintal Neuropsychiatry. 2011;22(2):1-13. Korean.
- Kim HM, Cho SY, Park SU, Sohn IS, Jung WS, Moon SK, et al. Can acupuncture affect the circadian rhythm of blood pressure? a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial. J Altern Complement Med. 2012;18(10):918-23. https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2011.0508
- Flachskampf FA, Gallasch J, Gefeller O, Gan J, Mao J, Pfahlberg AB, et al. Randomized trial of acupuncture to lower blood pressure. Circulation. 2007;115(24):3121-9. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.106.661140
- Yin C, Seo B, Park HJ, Cho M, Jung W, Choue R, et al. Acupuncture, a promising adjunctive therapy for essential hypertension: A double-blind, randomized, controlled trial. Neurol Res. 2007;29:98-103. https://doi.org/10.1179/016164107X172220
- Macklin EA, Wayne PM, Kalish LA, Valaskatgis P, Thompson J, Pian-Smith MC, et al. Stop hypertension with the acupuncture research program (SHARP): results of a randomized, controlled clinical trial. Hypertension. 2006;48(5):838-45. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.0000241090.28070.4c
- Li DZ, Zhou Y, Yang YN, Ma YT, Li XM, Yu J, et al. Acupuncture for essential hypertension: a meta-analysis of randomized sham-controlled clinical trials. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2014;2014:1-7.
- Liu FS, Guo CQ, Jin XF. [Acupuncture for mild-to moderate essential hypertension: a meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials]. Zhongguo Zhong Yi Ji Chu Za Zhi. 2012;18(4):421-3. Chinese.
- Chen H, Dai J, Zhang X, Wang K, Huang S, Cao Q, et al. Hypothalamus-related resting brain network underlying short-term acupuncture treatment in primary hypertension. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:1-9.
- Zhou W, Longhurst JC. Neuroendocrine mechanisms of acupuncture in the treatment of hypertension. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2012;2012:1-9.
- Guo ZL, Longhurst JC. Expression of c-Fos in arcuate nucleus induced by electroacupuncture: relations to neurons containing opioids and glutamate. Brain Res. 2007;1166:65-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.brainres.2007.06.042
- Zhou W, Fu LW, Tjen-A-Looi SC, Li P, Longhurst JC. Afferent mechanisms underlying stimulation modality-related modulation of acupuncture-related cardiovascular responses. J Appl Physiol. 2005;98(3):872-80. https://doi.org/10.1152/japplphysiol.01079.2004
- Huang ST, Chen GY, Lo HM, Lin JG, Lee YS, Kuo CD. Increase in the vagal modulation by acupuncture at neiguan point in the health subjects. Am J Chin Med. 2005;33(1):157-64. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0192415X0500276X
- Hojo Y, Noma S, Ohki T, Nakajima H, Satoh Y. Autonomic nervous system activity in essential hypertension: a comparison between dippers and non-dippers. J Hum Hypertens. 1997;11(10):665-71. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.jhh.1000515
- Chang S, Chao WL, Chiang MJ, Li SJ, Lu YT, Ma CM, et al. Effects of acupuncture at neiguan (PC6) of the pericardial meridian on blood pressure and heart rate variability. Chin J Physiol. 2008;51(3):167-77.
- Haker E, Egekvist H, Bjerring P. Effect of sensory stimulation (acupuncture) on sympathetic and parasympathetic activities in healthy subjects. J Auton Nerv Syst. 2000;79(1):52-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0165-1838(99)00090-9
- Gao YH, Chen SP, Wang JY, Xu QL, Liu JL. Effects of electroacupuncture of different acupoints groups on blood pressure and heart rate variability in rats. Zhen Ci Yan Jiu. 2009;34(1):21-6.
- John E Hall, Arthur C Guyton. Guyton and hall textbook of medical physiology. USA: Saunders; 2000. p. 216, 219, 703, 706, 826-7.
- Jung HS. [Effects of daedon(LR1) supplementation and eumgok(KI10) draining on changes of cerebral hemodynamics in normal rats]. [master's thesis]. [Naju]: Dongshin University; 2009. 1-28. Korean.
- Current Trends in Intervention Studies of Hwabyung in Korean Medicine vol.27, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7231/jon.2016.27.4.261