- Volume 44 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Antioxidant Activity and Fermentation Characteristics of Blueberry Wine Using Traditional Yeast
토종효모를 이용한 블루베리 발효주의 발효 특성 및 항산화 활성
- Yoon, Hae Hoon (Berry & Biofood Research Institute) ;
- Chae, Kyu Seo (Berry & Biofood Research Institute) ;
- Son, Rak Ho (Berry & Biofood Research Institute) ;
- Jung, Ji Hye (Berry & Biofood Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.02.06
- Accepted : 2015.04.03
- Published : 2015.06.30
We investigated blueberry wine made using traditional yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae M-5) and Saccharomyces cerevisiae Fermivin which is widely used in wine manufacturing, and measured its fermentative characteristics and antioxidant activity. S. cerevisiae M-5 is a traditional yeast isolated from domestically grown Black raspberry (Rubus occidentalis). Both S. cerevisiae M-5 and Fermivin were inoculated into blueberry juice (BBJ) up to
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원, 호남지역사업평가원
- Park HM, Yang SJ, Kang EJ, Lee DH, Kim DI, Hong JH. 2012. Quality characteristics and granule manufacture of mulberry and blueberry fruit extracts. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 28: 375-382. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2012.28.4.375
- Su MS, Chien PJ. 2007. Antioxidant activity, anthocyanins, and phenolics of rabbiteye blueberry (Vaccinium ashei) fluid products as affected by fermentation. Food Chem 104:182-187. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2006.11.021
- Naczk M, Shahidi F. 2006. Phenolics in cereals, fruits and vegetables: occurrence, extraction and analysis. J Pharm Biomed Anal 41: 1523-1542. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpba.2006.04.002
- Hertog MGL, Feskens EJM, Kromhout D. 1997. Antioxidant flavonols and coronary heart disease risk. Lancet 349: 699.
- Knekt P, Jarvinen R, Reunanen A, Maatela J. 1996. Flavonoid intake and coronary mortality in Finland: a cohort study. Br Med J 312: 478-481. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.312.7029.478
- Martineau LC, Couture A, Spoor D, Benhaddou-Andaloussi A, Harris C, Meddah B, Leduc C, Burt A, Vuong T, Le PM, Prentki M, Bennett SA, Arnason JT, Haddad PS. 2006. Anti-diabetes properties of the Canadian lowbush blueberry Vaccinium angustifolium Ait. Phytomedicine 13: 612-623. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phymed.2006.08.005
- Parry J, Su L, Moore J, Cheng Z, Luther M, Rao JN, Wang JY, Yu LL. 2006. Chemical compositions antioxidant capacities, and antiproliferative activities of selected fruit seed flours. J Agric Food Chem 54: 3773-3778. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf060325k
- Jeollabuk-do Agricultural Research & Extention Services. 2009. Functional characteristics of fruit varieties of blueberries, breeding and cultivation technology research. Rural Development Administration, Suwon, Korea. p 5-6.
- Yu OK, Kim JE, Cha YS. 2008. The quality characteristics of jelly added with Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 792-797. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.6.792
- Lee HR, Jung BR, Park JY, Hwang IW, Kim SK, Choi JU, Lee SH, Chung SK. 2008. Antioxidant activity and total phenolic contents of grape juice products in the Korean market. Korean J Food Preserv 15: 445-449.
- Cho WJ, Song BS, Lee JY, Kim JK, Kim JH, Yoon YH, Choi JI, Kim GS, Lee JW. 2010. Composition analysis of various blueberries produced in Korea and manufacture of blueberry jam by response surface methodology. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 39: 319-323. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.2.319
- Hwang SH, Ko SH. 2010. Quality characteristics of muffins containing domestic blueberry (V. corymbosum). J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 727-734.
- Ji JR, Yoo SS. 2010. Quality characteristics of cookies with varied concentrations of blueberry powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 433-438.
- Oh JA. 2008. Quality characteristics of blueberrydduk by difference ratio of ingredients. MS Thesis. Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea. p 1-27.
- Jeon HM. 2009. A study on wine selection attributes and behavioral intention by segmentation based on purchase and drinking motive -focused on wine retail shop customers in Seoul-. J Foodservice Management Soc Korea 12: 29-50.
- Teissedre PL, Landrault N. 2000. Wine phenolics: contribution to dietary intake and bioavailability. Food Res Int 33:461-467. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-9969(00)00070-3
- Lee SJ, Lee JE, Kim SS. 2004. Development of Korean red wines using various grape varieties and preference measurement. Korean J Food Sci Technol 36: 911-916.
- Cho KM, Lee JB, Kahng GG, Seo WT. 2006. A study on the making of sweet persimmon (Diospyros kaki, T) wine. Korean J Food Sci Technol 38: 785-792.
- Kim SJ, Lee HJ, Park KH, Rhee CO, Lim IJ, Chung HJ, Moon JH. 2008. Isolation and identification of low molecular phenolic antioxidants from ethylacetate layer of Korean black raspberry (Rubus coreanus Miquel) wine. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 129-134.
- Lee S, Kim M. 2009. Comparison of physicochemical and organoleptic characteristics of omija wines made by different methods. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 182-187. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.2.182
- AOAC. 1990. Official methods of analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. p 32-35.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration. 2012. Korea health supplements food standard codex. Korea Health Supplements Association, Seoul, Korea. p 529.
- Korea Food and Drug Administration. 2012. Korea health supplements food standard codex. Korea Health Supplements Association, Seoul, Korea. p 463.
- Choi JS, Lee JH, Park HJ, Kim HG, Young HS, Mun SI. 1993. Screening for antioxidant activity of plants and marine algae and its active principles from Prunus davidiana. Kor J Pharmacogn 24: 299-303.
- Arts MJ, Haenen GR, Voss HP, Bast A. 2004. Antioxidant capacity of reaction products limits the applicability of the Trolox Equivalent Antioxidant Capacity (TEAC) assay. Food Chem Toxicol 42: 45-49. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fct.2003.08.004
- Oyaizu M. 1986. Studies on products of browning reaction: antioxidant activities of products of browning reaction prepared from glucosamine. Jpn J Nutr 44: 307-315. https://doi.org/10.5264/eiyogakuzashi.44.307
- Choi HS, Kim MK, Park HS, Shin DH. 2005. Changes in physicochemical characteristics of bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miq.) wine during fermentation. Korean J Food Sci Technol 37: 574-578.
- Kim YS, Jeong DY, Shin DH. 2008. Optimum fermentation conditions and fermentation characteristics of mulberry (Morus alba) wine. Korean J Food Sci Technol 40: 63-69.
- Jeon MH, Lee WJ. 2011. Characteristics of blueberry added makgeolli. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 444-449. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.3.444
- Maisonnave P, Sanchez I, Moine V, Dequin S, Galeote V. 2013. Stuck fermentation: development of a synthetic stuck wine and study of a restart procedure. Int J Food Microbiol 163: 239-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijfoodmicro.2013.03.004
- Mo HW, Jeong JS, Choi SW, Choi KH. 2012. Preparation of wine using wild yeast from dried Omija and optimal nutritional requirements for alcoholic fermentation. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41: 254-260. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.2.254
- Yook C, Jang EM. 2009. Quality improvement of wines made from domestic grapes by the elimination or addition of grape skins. Korean J Food Sci Technol 41: 528-535.
- Margalit Y. 2005. Winery technology and operations. Wine Appreciation Guild, San Francisco, CA, USA. p 1-12.
- Kim JS, Kim SH, Lee WK, Pyun JY, Yook C. 1999. Effects of heat treatment on yield and quality of grape juice. Korean J Food Sci Technol 31: 1397-1400.
- Giovanelli G, Buratti S. 2008. Comparison of polyphenolic composition and antioxidant activity of wild Italian blueberries and some cultivated varieties. Food Chem 112: 903-908.
- Yook C, Seo MH, Kim DH, Kim JS. 2007. Quality improvement of campbell early wine by mixing with different fruits. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39: 390-399.
- AOAC. 1990. Official methods of analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. p 31-32.
- Jeong HS, Han JG, Ha JH, Kim S, Oh SH, Kim SS, Jeong MH, Choi GP, Park UY, Lee HY. 2009. Antioxidant activities and skin-whitening effects of nano-encapsuled water extract from Rubus coreanus Miquel. Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 17: 83-89.
- Kang YH, Park YK, Lee GD. 1996. The nitrite scavenging and electron donating ability of phenolic compounds. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 232-239.
- Joo OS, Kang ST, Jeong CH, Lim JW, Park YG, Cho KM. 2011. Manufacturing of the enhances antioxidative wine using a ripe Daebong persimmon (Dispyros kaki L). J Appl Biol Chem 54: 126-134. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2011.022
- Sa YJ, Kim JS, Kim MO, Jeong HJ, Yu CY, Park DS, Kim MJ. 2010. Comparative study of electron donating ability, reducing power, antimicrobial activity and inhibition of α- glucosidase by Sorghum bicolor extracts. Korean J Food Sci Technol 42: 598-604.
- Park Y, Choi S, Kim SH, Jang YS, Han JY, Jung HK. 2008. Functional composition and antioxidant activity from the fruits Rubus coreanus according to cultivars. Mokchae Konghak 36: 102-109.
- Probiotic-mediated blueberry ( Vaccinium corymbosum L.) fruit fermentation to yield functionalized products for augmented antibacterial and antioxidant activity 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiosc.2017.05.011
- Fermentation of Black Garlic Wine and its Characteristics vol.26, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2016.26.7.796
- Effects of fermented blueberry liquid in high-fat diet-induced obese C57BL/6J mice vol.50, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2017.50.6.543