- Volume 44 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Influences of Die Temperature and Repeated Extrusion on Physical Properties of Extruded White Ginseng
사출구 온도와 반복 압출성형이 백삼압출성형물의 물리적 특성에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Kwan-Hyung (Department of Food Science and Technology, Kongju National University) ;
- Ryu, Gi-Hyung (Department of Food Science and Technology, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2015.02.26
- Accepted : 2015.05.04
- Published : 2015.06.30
The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of die temperature and repeated extrusion on physical properties of extruded white ginseng (EWG). The die temperature was adjusted to 100, 120, and
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Kim YM, Han YH, Paek NS. 2002. Studies on the ginseng tea using spore-forming lactic acid bacteria. Korean J Food Sci Technol 34: 661-665.
- Gu BJ, Ryu GH. 2011. Effect of die geometry on expansion of corn flour extrudate. Food Eng Prog 15: 148-154.
- Kim ST, Jang JH, Kwon JH, Moon KD. 2009. Changes in the chemical components of red and white ginseng after puffing. Korean J Food Preserv 16: 335-361.
- Roh SK, Song JS, Park KH. 2001. Alcohol fermentability of Insam starch and characteristics of Insam wine. Food Eng Prog 5: 43-51.
- Son HJ, Han MS, Ryu GH. 2009. Antibacterial of Et-OH extract from extruded white ginseng on tooth decay bacteria. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 951-957. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.7.951
- Ryu GH, Remon JP. 2004. Extraction yield of extruded ginseng and granulation of its extracts by cold extrusionspheronization. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 899-904. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2004.33.5.899
- Kim BS, Ryu GH. 2005. Effect of extrusion temperature on puffing of white and red ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 34: 1109-1113. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.7.1109
- Han JY, Lee YS, Ryu GH. 2008. Studies on characteristics of physicochemical properties and saccharification of extruded white ginseng. Food Eng Prog 12: 36-43.
- Son HJ, Ryu GH. 2009. Chemical compositions and antioxidant activity of extract from a extruded white ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38: 946-950. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.7.946
- Choi KH, Gui Y, Ryu GH. 2014. Effects of die temperature and repeated extrusion on chemical components and antioxidant properties of extruded white ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 43: 258-264. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.2.258
- Ryu GH, Mulvaney SJ. 1997. Analysis of physical properties and mechanical energy input of cornmeal extrudates fortified with dairy products by carbon dioxide injection. Korean J Food Sci Technol 29: 947-954.
- Alverez-Martinez L, Kondury KP, Harper JM. 1988. A general model for expansion of extruded products. J Food Sci 53: 609-615. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1988.tb07768.x
- Jin T, Gu BJ, Ryu GH. 2010. Manufacturing of hemp seed flake by using extrusion process. Food Eng Prog 14: 99-105.
- Ryu GH, Ng PKW. 2001. Effects of selected process parameters on expansion and mechanical properties of wheat flour and whole cornmeal extrudates. Starch-Starke 53: 147-154. https://doi.org/10.1002/1521-379X(200104)53:3/4<147::AID-STAR147>3.0.CO;2-V
- AACC. 1983. Approved method of the AACC. 8th ed. American Association of Cereal Chemists, St. Paul, MN, USA. Method 56-20.
- Ryu GH, Neumann PE, Walker CE. 1993. Pasting of wheat flour extrudates containing conventional baking ingredients. J Food Sci 58: 567-573. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1993.tb04325.x
- Jin T, Lee ES, Hong ST, Ryu GH. 2007. Manufacturing of Goami flakes by using extrusion process. Korean J Food Sci Technol 39: 146-151.
- Gu BJ, Norajit K, Ryu GH. 2010. Physicochemical properties of extruded defatted hemp seed and its energy bar manufacturing. Food Eng Prog 14: 127-134.
- Gui Y, Gil SK, Ryu GH. 2012. Effects of extrusion condition on the physicochemical properties of extruded red ginseng. Prev Nutr Food Sci 17: 203-209. https://doi.org/10.3746/pnf.2012.17.3.203
Gil SK, Ryu GH. 2013. Effects of die temperature and
$CO_2$gas injection on physical properties of extruded brown ricevegetable mix. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 1848-1856. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.11.1848
- Chinnaswamy R, Hanna MA. 1999. Macromolecular and functional properties of native and extrusion cooked cornstarch. Cereal Chem 67: 490-499.
- Han JY, Kim MH, Jin T, Kim SJ, Kim MH, Ryu GH. 2007. Change in characteristics of extruded vitamin C cornstarch matrix by moisture content and barrel temperature. Food Eng Prog 11: 253-260.
- Grant LA. 1998. Effects of starch isolation, drying, and grinding techniques on its gelatinization and retrogradation properties. Cereal Chem 75: 590-594. https://doi.org/10.1094/CCHEM.19126.96.36.1990
- Han JY, Chung KH, Ryu GH. 2008. Comparison of physicochemical properties and release characteristics of extruded tissue cultured mountain ginseng. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 37: 1018-1024. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.8.1018