- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Daily Variation of Heat Budget Balance in the Gangjeong-Goryung Reservoir for Summertime - Concerning around the Rate of Heat Storage -
낙동강 강정고령보의 여름철 열수지 일변화 - 열 저장량 변동을 중심으로 -
- Received : 2015.01.14
- Accepted : 2015.05.12
- Published : 2015.06.30
Surface heat balance of the Gangjeong-Goryung Reservoir is analyzed for 12-17 August 2013. Each flux elements at the water surface is derived from the special field observations with application of an aerodynamical bulk method for the turbulent heat fluxes and empirical formulae for the radiation heat fluxes. The rate of heat storage in the reservoir is estimated by using estimated by surface heating rate and the vertical water temperature data. The flux divergence of heat transport is estimated as a residual. The features of the surface heat balance are almost decided by the latent heat flux and the solar radiation flux. On average for 12-17 August 2014 in the Gangjeong- Goryung Reservoir, if one defines the insolation at the water surface as 100 %, 94 % is absorbed in the reservoir; thereafter the reservoir loses about 30~50% by sensible heat, latent heat and net long-wave radiation. The residue of 50~80 % raises the water temperature in the reservoir or transported away by the river flow during the daytime.
Heat balance;Heat storage;Heat transport;Sensible heat;Latent heat
- Park, M. H., Kim, H. D., 2011, Evaluation of mitigation effect of Upo-Swamp on the air temperature variation with nighttime cooling rate, Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 20, 309-319.
- Scherbina, A. Y., Talley, L. D., Rudinick, 2003, Direct observations of North Pacific ventilation: brine rejection in the Okhotsk Sea Science, 302, 1952-1955. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1088692
- Takeuchi, K., Kondo, J., 1981, Boundary meteorology, Tokyo University Press, Tokyo, 107-137.
- Yamamoto, G., Kondo, J., 1964, Evaporation from Lake Towada, Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan, 42, 85 96.
- Yamamoto, G., Kondo, J., 1968, Evaporation from Lake Nojiri, Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan, 46, 166 - 177.
- Yamamoto, G., Chein, T., Yasuda, N., Kondo, J., 1972, Evaporation from deep lakes in Japan, Journal of Meteorological Society of Japan, 50, 423 - 430. https://doi.org/10.2151/jmsj1965.50.5_423
- Moison, J. R., Niiler, J. J., 1998, The seasonal heat budget of the North Pacific net heat flux and heat storage rates, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 8, 401-421.
- Oort, A. H., Vonder, T. H., 1976, On the observed annual cycle in the ocean-atmosphere heat balance over the northern hemisphere, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 6, 781-800. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0485(1976)006<0781:OTOACI>2.0.CO;2
- Hankyoreh, 2014, http://www.hani.co.kr, The water temperature in the Reservoirs of Nakdong River is higher than that of hot-spring(5 October 2014).
- Joo, Y. H., 1997, The Seasonal variation of the heat budget in Deukryang Bay, Master Thesis, Pukyung University, Busan, Korea, 47.
- Kim, H. D., Yang, S. K., 1995, Surface heat budget of the northern sea of Cheju Island for June-August 1993 and 1994, Journal of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society, 4, 197-206.
- Kim, K. Y., Byon, J. Y., Kim, H. D., 2013, Heat island intensity in Seongseo, Daegu, South Korea a rural suburb containing large areas of water, Journal of Environmental Science International, 22, 1337-1344. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.10.1337
- Ishi, T., Kondo, J, 1993, Seasonal variation of heat balance in the East China Sea and Its vicinity ocean heat transport and ocean storage of heat-, Tenki, 40, 309-324.
- Choo, H. S., 2013, Introduction of Marine Meteorology, Chonnam University Press, Kwang Ju, 37-50
- Kim, Y. S., Kim, K. I., Ha, K. J, Um, H. H., 2003, Meteorological Dynamics Essence, Sigma Press, Seoul, 58-61.
- Kondo, J., 1976, Parameterization of turbulent transport in the top-meter of the ocean, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 6, 712-720. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0485(1976)006<0712:POTTIT>2.0.CO;2
- Kondo, J., Miura, A., 1985, Surface heat budget of the western Pacific for May 1979, Journal of the Meteoro-logical Society of Japan, 63, 633-646.
- Kondo, J., 1994, Meteorology for water environment, Asakusa Press, Tokyo, 160-184.
- Lee, B. Y., 2002, Daily variation of evaporation observed by a large-sized vaporimeter, Journal of the Korean Meteorological Society, 12, 196-199.
- Lee, J. J., Lee, B. Y. Lee, H. S., Kim, Y. K., 2013, Automatic observation of evaporation amount over a Dam, Proceedings of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society Conference, 22, 63-65.
- Seasonal Variation of Water Temperature Before and After Weir Construction Using Satellite Image in the Nakdong River vol.24, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2015.24.11.1417
- Spatiotemporal and Longitudinal Variability of Hydro-meteorology, Basic Water Quality and Dominant Algal Assemblages in the Eight Weir Pools of Regulated River (Nakdong) vol.51, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11614/KSL.2018.51.4.268
Grant : 응용기상기술개발연구