- Volume 24 Issue 6
This study measured temperatures and albedos of urban surfaces for different colors and materials during summer, and calculated the energy budget over different urban surfaces to find out the thermal performance affecting the heat built-up. The study selected six surface colors and 13 materials common in urban landscape. Their surface temperatures (Ts) and albedos were measured at a given time interval in the daytime from June to August. Average Ts over summer season for asphalt-colored brick was
Material;Color;Surface temperature;Albedo;Energy budget
- Andreou, E., 2014, The effect of urban layout, street geometry and orientation on shading conditions in urban canyons in the Mediterranean, Renewable Energy, 63, 587-596. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2013.09.051
- Arthur, H. R., Hashem, A., Sarah, B., Beth, L. F., Dan, M. K., David, S., Haider, T., 1995, Mitigation of urban heat islands: materials, utility programs, updates, Energy and Buildings, 22(3), 255-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-7788(95)00927-P
- Brown, R. D., Gillespie, T. J., 1995, Microclimatic Landscape Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
- Jo, H. K., Ahn, T. W., 1999, Function of microclimate amelioration by urban greenspace, Journal of The Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 27(4), 23-28.
- Jo, H. K., Ahn, T. W., 2010, A study on greenspace planning strategies for thermal comfort and energy savings, Journal of The Korean Institute of Land-scape Architecture, 38(3), 23-32.
- Karlessi, T., Santamouris, M., Synnefa, A., Assima-kopoulos, D., Didaskalopoulos, P., Apostolakis, K., 2011, Development and testing of PCM doped cool colored coatings to mitigate urban heat island and cool buildings, Building and Environment, 46(3), 570-576. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2010.09.003
- Kim, S. C., Park, B. J., 2013, Assessment of temperature reduction and heat budget of extensive modular green roof system, Korean Journal of Horticultural Science and Technology, 31(4), 503-511. https://doi.org/10.7235/hort.2013.13001
- Korea Meteorological Administration, 2014, Climate data, http://sts.kma.go.kr (accessed 9/14).
- Li, H., Harvey, J., Kendall, A., 2013, Field measurement of albedo for different land cover materials and effects on thermal performance, Building and Environment, 59, 536-546. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2012.10.014
- Livada, I., Santamouris, M., Niachou, K., Papanikolaou, N., Mihalakakou, G., 2002, Determination of places in the great Athens area where the heat island effect is observed, Theoretical and Applied Climatology, 71(3), 219-230. https://doi.org/10.1007/s007040200006
- Miller, G. T., 1990, Resource Conservation and Management, Wadsworth Publishing Co., Belmont.
- Oke, T. R., Kalanda, B. D., Steyn, D. G., 1981, Parameterization of heat storage in urban areas, Urban Ecology, 5(1), 45-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4009(81)90020-6
- Racine, T. A. P., Fabiana, L. F., 2005, Measurement of albedo and analysis of its influence the surface temperature of building roof materials, Energy and Buildings, 37(4), 295-300. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2004.03.009
- Synnefa, A., Santamouris, M., Apostolakis, K., 2007, On the development, optical properties and thermal performance of cool colored coatings for the urban environment, Solar Energy, 81(4), 488-497. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2006.08.005
- Simpson, J. R., McPherson, E. G., 1997, The effects of roof albedo modification on cooling loads of scale model residences in Tucson Arizona, Energy and Buildings, 25(2), 127-137. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7788(96)01002-X
- Synnefa, A., Karlessi, T., Gaitani, N., Santamouris, M., Assimakopoulos, D., 2011, Experimental testing of cool colored thin layer asphalt and estimation of its potential to improve the urban microclimate, Building and Environment, 46(1), 38-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2010.06.014
- Wu, Q., Jo, H. K., 2014, Temperatures and albedos of various urban surfaces, Proceedings of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society Conference, 23, 36-38.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Kangwon National University