- Volume 31 Issue 6
This study started from the question how people experience and consume the region, Seochon. To measure people's experience, 38,297 blogs were collected and analyzed. The study was conducted on the premise that frequency of the keywords in texts could explain cultural context. By analyzing keywords' frequency and semantic network, some conclusions were drawn as followings. First, diversity of the expression about people's experience was diminished and their behavior has become similar. Second, Seochon became a daily life's stage on which visitors' major behaviors are about drinking coffee in the cafe, eating tasty food, looking around the shops and visiting Tong-In market. Third, some contents like exhibition or market preceded in the process of region's change. Fourth, 'Hanok' in the Seochon is no more a major contents. Visitors recognize it as a material component that can set up a mood of the restaurant or the cafe.
Seochon;blog;text analysis;semantic analysis;visitor;experience
- cheayeon. (2015. February 9). Seochon trip- visited Yi Sang's house [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://blog.naver.com/chaeyeon1008/220267307161
- diary0515. (2015, February 4). Seochon Date - Way to the Seochon [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://blog.naver.com/diary0515/220262363725
- Eum, S. (2014). Song of the Flower Shop and Kim of the Laundry Have Disappeared after people and money rushed to the Seochon. The Hankyoreh. Retrieved from http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/society/society_general/665778.html
- Force Layout.(n.d.). Retrieved March 1, 2015 from D3 at github : https://github.com/mbostock/d3/wiki/Force-Layout
- Hur, S. (2014). The Meaning of 'Jegook(帝國)' in Corpus Networks. Daedong Institute of Korean Studies, 87(0), 501561.
- Kim, S. (2012). The Relationship Beyween Talkshop and Workshop in the Production Process of Public Buildings. Diss. Seoul National University.
- Kim, S. (2014). The Impact of "Zaha Hadid" and her Design on the Public Discourse about Dongdaemun Design Plaza. Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning & Design, 30(10), 3544.
- Lee, J., & Chung, H. (2014). Producing and Consuming Landscape Images via Social Media Blogs. Journal of the Korean Urban Geographical Society, 17(3), 123140.
- Lee, S. (2012). Network analysis methods. Seoul:Nonhyung.
- Mautner, G. (2005). Time to get wired: Using web-based corpora in critical discourse analysis. Discourse & Society, 16(6), 809828. https://doi.org/10.1177/0957926505056661
- Michel, J.-B. et al. (2011). Quantitative analysis of culture using millions of digitized books. Science (New York, N.Y.), 331(6014), 176182. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1199644
- Sim, K.M., & Seo, S.Y. (2012). A Study on Characteristics and Demand of Recent Hanok Occupants. Anyang: Auri., 31.
- storychunjae. (2015. March 12). Place in Seoul worth visiting? I recommend Seoul Seochon trip [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://blog.naver.com/storychunjae/220295847563
- Yu, C. H., Jannasch-Pennell, A., & DiGangi, S. (2011). Compatibility between Text Mining and Qualitative Research in the Perspectives of Grounded Theory, Content Analysis, and Reliability. Qualitative Report, 16(3), 730-744.