- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Sustainable Neighborhood Management by Private Developer in Residential Areas in Japan
일본의 주택지에 있어서 민간주도에 의한 지속가능한 주환경매니지먼트에 관한 연구
- Kim, Young-A ;
- Song, Jun-Hwan
- 김영아 ;
- Received : 2014.09.04
- Accepted : 2015.05.29
- Published : 2015.06.30
Japanese housing supply rate reaching over hundred percent, accordingly, residential development issues for the private developers have changed from the profit-oriented to providing management and services with the awareness of social responsibility. This study investigates the neighborhood management projects by the private developers in Japan to suggest a sustainable management model for the residential development focusing on the roles and responsibilities of developers. Housing policies and planning issues are reviewed and analyzed based on the residential development projects in Japan. Based on the increase trend of social responsibility of the developers, the characteristics of management practices are examined in five case studies regarding the residential areas managed continuously by developers after the sales. By conducting field visits and in-depth interview with practitioners, the issues of management are classified into five categories: Landscape Management; Community Development; Change of Generation; Convenient Lifestyle; and Crime or Disaster Prevention. The study suggests the essential management plans for each phase of residential development: formation, growth, and maturation. Finally, the importance of sustainable neighborhood management is highlighted to create sustainable profits and to maintain the quality of the residential environment in the era of aging and shrinking society.
CSR(Corporate Social Responsibility);Housing Management;New Town;Real Estate Development Project
- Archie, C. (1991). The Pyramid of Corporate Social Respon- sibility: Toward the Moral Management of Organizational Stakeholders, Business Horizons, 34(4), 39-48.
- Bae, W., Kim, J., Jung, J., & Kim, S. (2011). Characteristics of Low-rise Residential Areas and Improvement Schemes for Better Management, Journal of the Urban Design Institute of Korea, 12(3), 137-153.
- Hagiwara, A. (2005). Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Background and Initiatives, National Diet Library, Issue Brief, 467, 1-10.
- Hong, H. & You, B. (2003). Housing Management, Kyomunsa.
- Kado, K. (2011). An Investigation on Social Contribution Activities for Local Society Executed by Local Companies, Japan Management Diagnosis Association, 11, 90-96.
- Kye, K. & Cheon, H. (2000). Community-Based Improvement of Residential Environment in Urban Area, Korea Research Institute for Human Settlements, (22).
- Land and Water Resources Bureau Land Policy Division & Area Management Promotion Manual Study Group (2008). Area Management Promotion Manual, MLIT Japan.
- Lee, Y. & Kim, J. (2012). A Study on the Problems and Improvements of Housing Management Focused on the Worker's Opinions of Management-, Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 23(2), 79-87.
- Lee, E., Moon, H. & Lee, M. (2012). The Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility and Brand Image on Corporate Favorableness and Purchase Intention: Focused on LH, LHI journal, 3(4), 323-331.
- Ministry of Land (2005). Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Japan, Land Use Survey.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Japan (2013). Dwelling Units and Floor Space of New Housing Construction Started by Type of Investor (1968-2013), MLIT Japan.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport Korea (2014). Statistical Yearbook of Construction and Transportation, Statistics of Housing Construction (1977-2012), MLIT Korea.
- Oh, J. & Yi, J. (2010). The Current activities and Strategies of CSR on the Construction Companies, Proceedings of National Student Conference, the Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
- Saito, H. (2011). Management of Living Environmet :To make the value of residential areas, Gakugei Shuppan-Sha.
- Shin, D. & Yim, C. (2002). A study on The Housing Maintenance and Adjustment Behaviors Of Owner Residents in Urban Detached Houses Focused on The Land Development Estate in Chung ju City-, Architectural Institute of Korea, 18(3), 3-10.
- Shiozaki, Y. (2006). Restructuring of Housing Policy : Towards the Better Quality of Life, Nihon Keizai Hyoronsha.
- Yamaman (2013). Yukarigaoka Yumehyakuka, 9, Yamaman.
- Yamamoto, S. (2011). Newtown Regeneration : Problems and Prospects of the Neighborhood Management, Gakugei Shuppan-Sha.
- Youm, C & Ha, J. (2011). Characterization of Housing Culture and Direction of Housing Policy Implication, Architecture & Urban Research Institute, (01).
- Yoon, C., Lee, K. & Hong, H. (1997). Housing, Korea National Open University Press.
- Yoon, I. (1994). Housing in a Newly Industrialized Economy : The Case of South Korea, Avebury.