- Volume 58 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Mint Essential Oils from Jeju Island, Korea by Gas Chromatography-mass Spectrometry and Headspace-Gas Chromatography-mass Spectrometry
Gas Chromatography-mass Spectrometry와 Headspace-Gas Chromatography-mass Spectrometry를 이용한 제주산 민트 에센셜오일 성분 분석
- Hyun, Ho Bong (Faculty of Biotechnology, College of Applied Life Sciences, SARI, Jeju National University) ;
- Boo, Kyung Hwan (Faculty of Biotechnology, College of Applied Life Sciences, SARI, Jeju National University) ;
- Kang, Hye Rim (Faculty of Biotechnology, College of Applied Life Sciences, SARI, Jeju National University) ;
- Kim Cho, Somi (Faculty of Biotechnology, College of Applied Life Sciences, SARI, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2015.01.19
- Accepted : 2015.03.25
- Published : 2015.06.30
Compositions of essential oils extracted from mint herb such as Mentha piperita, Mentha spicata, and Mentha
Supported by : 교육부
- Caron L, Deslauriers A, Mshvildadze V, and Pichette A (2013) Volatile compounds in the foliage of balsam fir analyzed by static headspace gas chromatography (HS-GC): An example of the spruce budworm defoliation effect in the boreal forest of Quebec, Canada. Microchem J 110, 587-90. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.microc.2013.07.003
- Cho YS, Cho IH, Park HJ, and Chun HK (2006) Analysis of Fragrance Volatiles of Korean Rose Hybrida using Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry. Agric Chem Biotechnol 49, 180-5.
- Jeon DH, Moon JY, Hyun HB, and Cho SK (2013) Composition analysis and Antioxidant Activities of the Essential oil and the Hydrosol Extracted from Rosmarinus officinalis L. and Lavandula angustifolia Mill. Produced in Jeju. J Appl Biol Chem 56, 141-6. https://doi.org/10.3839/jabc.2013.023
- Jiang MH, Yang L, Zhu L, Piao JH, and Jiang JG (2011) Comparative GC/MS Analysis of Essential Oils Extracted by 3 Methods from the Bud of Citrus aurantium L. var. amara Engl. J Food Sci 76, 1219-25. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2011.02421.x
- Kang YM, Park DJ, Song HJ, Ma HS, Karigar C, and Choi MS (2012) Comparative Analysis of Terpenoids in in vitro Culture Media of Metabolically Engineered Transgenic and Wild Type Spearmint (Mentha spicata L.). Korea J Medicinal Crop Sci 20, 301-7. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2012.20.4.301
- Kim JH, Kim MJ, Choi SK, Bae SH, An SK, and Yoon YM (2011) Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Effects of Lemon and Eucalyptus Essential oils. J Soc Cosmet Scientists Korea 37, 303-8.
- Kim S (2008) Composition and Cell Cytotoxicity of Essential Oil from Caryopteris incana Miq. in Korea. J. Korean Soc Appl Biol Chem 51, 238-44
- Krystyna SW and Magdalena W (2014) Preparative separation of menthol and pulegone from peppermint oil (Mentha piperita L.) by highperformance counter-current chromatography. Phytochem Lett 10, 94-8.
- Panasyan AG, Mamikonyan GV, Torosyan M, Gabrielyan ES, Mkhitaryan SA, Tirakyan MR et al. (2001) Determination of the Composition of Volatiles in Cognac (Brandy) by Headspace Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry. J Anal Chem 56, 1078-85.
- Scherer R, Lemos MF, Lemos MF, Martinelli GC, Martins JDL, and Silva AG (2013) Antioxidant and antibacterial activities and composition of Brazilian spearmint (Mentha spicata L.). Ind Crop Prod 50, 408-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2013.07.007
- Yadegarinia D, Gachkar L, Rezaei MB, Taghizadeh M, Astanch SA, and Rasooli I (2006) Biochemical activities of Iranian Mentha piperita L. and Myrtus communis L. essential oils. Phytochem Lett 67, 1249-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phytochem.2006.04.025
- Zhao D, Xu YW, Yang GL, Husaini AM, and Wu W (2013) Variation of essential oil of Mentha haplocalyx Briq. and Mentha spicata L. from China. Ind Crop Prod 42, 251-60. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indcrop.2012.06.010