- Volume 27 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Processing and Quality Properties of Olive Flounder Paralichthys olivaceus Cutlet
넙치(Paralichthys olivaceus) 커틀렛 제품의 제조 및 품질특성
- YOON, Moon-Joo (Gyeongsang National University) ;
- LEE, Jae-Dong (Gyeongsang National University) ;
- KWON, Soon-Jae (Gyeongsang National University) ;
- PARK, Si-Young (Gyeongsang National University) ;
- KONG, Cheong-Sik (Gyeongsang National University) ;
- JOO, Jong-Chan (Changshin University) ;
- KIM, Jeong-Gyun (Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2015.03.05
- Accepted : 2015.04.08
- Published : 2015.06.30
Olive flounder (Parlichthys olivaceus) is a large carnivorous fish that live at coastal area and shallow seas in Korea. It was good texture and clean taste because of a high collagen content and low lipid content. More than 70% of olive flounder annual production was traded alive, consequently processing food product from olive flounder is rare to be towed. This study was conducted to investigate the best method of olive flounder cutlet processing. Clean fillet (headless, skinless and contain no viscera part) of olive flounder were divided into 5 portion. Every 100 g of olive flounder meat was wrapped with vinyl then flatten with meat hammer. Flatten fillet then was coated with wheat flour, and seasoned with salt and pepper. These were then coated with egg wash and bread crumbs. Two different method of processing was to make this olive flounder cutlet. Cutlet-1 was fried for 1 min in olive oil, then kept in polyethylene film vacuum packaging (
- AOAC(1995). Official Methods of Analysis. 16th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC., 69-74.
- APHA(1970). Recommended procedures for the bacteriological examination of sea water and shellfish, 3rd ed., American Public Health Association Incorporated Brodway New York, 17-24.
- Cha, Seon-Suk & Lee, Jae-Joon(2013). Quality properties and storage characteristics of hamburger patty added with purple kohlrabi Brassica oleracea var. gongylodes, Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 42(12), 1994-2003. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.12.1994
- Chae, Young-Chul(2005). Quality characteristics of pork cutlet by cooking method, Korean Journal of Food Cookery Science, 21(4), 490-495.
- Jang, Mi-Soon.Park, Hee-Yeon.Kim, Kang-Woong.Kim, Kyoung-Duck & Son, Maeng-Hyun(2011). Comparison of free amino acids and nucleotides content in the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus fed with extruded pellet, Korean Journal of Food Preservation, 18(5), 746-754. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.5.746
- Kim, Il-Suk.Min, Joong-Seok.Lee, Sang-Ok.Jang, Ae-Ra.Kim, Dong-Hoon.Jin, Sang-Kuen & Lee, Moo-Ha(2004). Effects of processinsg conditions on the physical and sensory characteristics of pork cutlets, Korean Journal for Food Science and Animal Resources, 24(4), 319-325.
- Kohara T.(1982). Handbook of Food Analysis. Keonpakusha, Tokyo, 51-55.
- Korean intellectual property office(2010). Method of producing bastard halibut heat-induced surimi gel product containing bastard halibut surimi and bastard halibut heat-induced surimi gel product fabricated thereof. application number 1020100056692, registration number 101275519.
- Korean intellectual property office(2007). Noodles including flatfish and manufacturing method thereof. application number 1020070083587, registration number 100935609.
- Korean intellectual property office(2009). Soybean paste containing matured flounder of small fish and process for the preparing same. application number 1020090037619, registration number 101087935.
- Lee, Kyung-Hee & Lee, Young-Soon(1997). Muscle quality of cultured olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus, Korean Journal Society of Food Science, 13(4), 448-452.
- Lee, Young-Chun.Song, Dae-Shik & Yoon, Suk-Kwon(2003). Effects of ISP adding methods and freezing rate on quality of pork patties and cutlets, Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, 35(2), 182-187.
- Ministry of Social Welfare of Japan(1960). Guide to experiment of sanitary insfection. III. volatile basic nitrogen. Kenpakusha, Tokyo, 30-32.
- Oh, Kwang-Soo.Lee, Hyeung-Joo.Sung, Dae-Whan & Lee, Eung-Ho(1988). Comparison of nitrogenous extractives amino acids in wild and cultured bastard, Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, 20(6), 873-877.
- Park, Byung-Hak.Park, So-Hee & Jo, Jae-Sun(2003). A study on the organoleptic characteristics and changes in freshness of cultivated and wild Paralichthys olivaceus during storage, Korean Journal Society of Food Cookery Science, 19(1), 72-78.
- Park, Choon-Kyu(2000). Comparison of extractive nitrogenous constituents in cultured and wild olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus muscle, Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 29(1), 174-179.
- Shim, Kil-Bo.Lee, So-Jeong.Yoon, Ho-Dong.Lim, Chi-Won.Shin, Yun-Kyung.Jeong, Min-Hwan.Lee, Dong-Gil & Park, Tae-Il(2012). Effects of low temperature and starvation on the physicochemical characteristics of muscle of the olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus, Korean Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 45(5), 430-437. https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2012.0430
- Shin, Seung-Ho.Sung, Ki-Hyub & Chung, Chang-Ho(2013). Physicochemical changes in olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus muscle by iced water pre-treatment, Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, 45(6), 700-707. https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.6.700
- Yang, Joung-Hwan & Yeo, In-Kyu(2004). Physiological studies on acute water-temperature stress of olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus, Korean Journal of Ichthyology, 16(1), 19-26.
- Yoon, Moon-Joo.Kwon, Soon-Jae.Lee, Jae-Dong.Park, Si-Young.Kong, Cheong-Sik.Joo, Jong-Chan & Kim, Jeong-Gyun(2015). Processing and property of olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus steak, The korean society for fisheries and marine sciences education, 27(1), 98-107. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.1.98
- Processing and Property of Olive Flounder Paralichthys olivaceus Terrine vol.27, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.4.1084
- Physicochemical Properties of Olive Flounder Paralichthys olivaceus, Red Seabream Pagrus major and Jacopever Sebastes schlegeli vol.27, pp.5, 2015, https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2015.27.5.1447