- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Sample Size Determination for One-Sample Location Tests
일표본 위치검정에서의 표본크기 결정
- Yeo, In-Kwon (Department of Statistics, Sookmyung Women's University)
- 여인권 (숙명여대 통계학과)
- Received : 2015.04.28
- Accepted : 2015.05.21
- Published : 2015.06.30
We study problems of sample size determination for one-sample location tests. A simulation study shows that sample size calculations based on approximated distribution do not achieve the nominal level of power. We investigate sample size determinations based on exact distribution and with a power that attains the nominal level.
Supported by : 숙명여자대학교
- Chow, S. C., Shao, J. and Wang, H. (2008). Sample Size Calculations in Clinical Research, 2nd Ed., Chapman & Hall/CRC, New York.
- Hettmansperger, T. P. (1984). Statistical Inference Based on Ranks, Wiley, New-York.
- Kang, S. H. (2013). Statistical Methodology in New Drug Development (2nd Ed), Freeacademy, Paju.
- Lehmann, E. L. (1998). Nonparametrics: Statistical Methods Based on Ranks, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ.
- Noether, G. E. (1987). Sample Size determination for some common nonparametric tests. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 82, 645-647. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1987.10478478
- Shieh, G., Jan, S. L. and Randles, R. H. (2007). Power and sample size determinations for the Wilcoxon signed-rank test, Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 77, 717-724. https://doi.org/10.1080/10629360600635245