- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Change of Degree of Cure and Specific Heat Capacity According to Temperature of Thermoset Resin
열경화성 수지의 온도에 따른 경화도와 비열(Cp) 변화
- Shin, Dong-Woo (Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Hwang, Seong-Soon (Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Lee, Ho-Sung (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Jin-Won (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Won-Jong (Korea Aerospace University)
- Received : 2015.06.12
- Accepted : 2015.06.25
- Published : 2015.06.30
This paper presents the cure kinetics studies on the cure reaction of thermosetting resin. Above all, change in degree of cure and specific heat capacity according to temperature are observed using DSC and MDSC. The results are analyzed by cure kinetics and specific heat capacity model. Glass transition temperature was also measured to apply to the specific heat capacity model. Model parameters were gained from the modeling result. As a result, behavior of specific heat capacity can be calculated mathematically.
Grant : 소형항공기용 국산 복합재료 데이터베이스 구축 및 공유시스템 개발
Supported by : 국토부
- Johnston, A.A., An Integrated Model of the Development of Process-induced Deformation in Autoclave Processing of Composite Structures (Doctoral Dissertation), University of British Columbia, Canada, 1997.
- Meng, Y. and Simon, S.L., "Relation between Mobility Factor and Diffusion Factor for Thermoset Cure", Thermochimica Acta Vol. 437, No. 1, 2005, pp. 179-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2005.06.032
- Van der Plaats, G., "A Theoretical Evaluation of a Heat-flow Differential Scanning Calorimeter", Thermochimica Acta, Vol. 72, No. 1, 1984, pp. 77-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(84)85057-1
- Daniel, J.O. and Scoot, R.W., "Cure Kinetics, Gelation, and Glass Transition of a Bisphenol F Epoxide," Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 43, No. 4, 2003.
- Nielsen, Lawrence E., "Cross-linking-effect on Physical Properties of Polymers", (1969): 69-103.
- Turi, Edith. Thermal Characterization of Polymeric Materials, Academic Press., Brooklyn, NY, 1981.
- Sindee, L.S., Gregory, B.M., and Oliver, S., "Modeling the Evolution of the Dynamic Mechanical Properties of a Commercial Epoxy During Cure after Gelation," Journal of Applied Polymer Science, Vol. 76, 2000, pp. 495-508. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4628(20000425)76:4<495::AID-APP7>3.0.CO;2-B
- Daniel, J.O. and Scoot, R.W., "Cure Kinetics, Gelation and Glass Transition of a Bisphenol F Epoxide," Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 43, No. 4, 2003.
- ASTM Standard E 968, 2002, Standard Practice for Heat Flow Calibration of Differential Scanning Calorimeters ASTM International, PA, 2012, DOI: 10.1520/E0968-02R14. https://doi.org/10.1520/E0968-02R14
- Dykeman, D., Minimizing Uncertainty in Cure Modeling for Composites Manufacturing (Doctoral dissertation), University of British Columbia, Canada, 2008.