- Volume 34 Issue 2
BACKGROUND: Plant extracts have been used as environment friendly agricultural materials for organic farming in South Korea. However safety evaluation on the plant extracts was not properly tested. The aim of this study was to evaluate safety of the extracts from Melia azedarach, Nerium indicum and Coptis chinensis on cultivating rice. METHODS AND RESULTS: Pant extarcts 300-fold diluted were treated on rice, and residues of M. azedarach, N. indicum and C. chinensis were determined. The analytes from the rice samples were detected by liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS). The method was validated, and good linearities (
Environmental-friendly material;LC-MS/MS;Plant extract;Residue
- Al-Yahya, M. A., AL-Farhan, A. H., Adam, S. E. (2000). Preliminary toxicity study on the individual and combined effects of Citrullus colocynthis and Nerium oleander in rats. Fitoterapia, 71(4), 385-391. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0367-326X(00)00135-0
- Ahn, S. M., Lee, D. S., Kim, M. S., Choi, S. J., Choi, C. S., Lee, J. B., Jang H. S. & Sohn. H. Y. (2009). Bioactivity of extract of Coptis chinensis : In-vitro antifugal activity against Phytophthora capsici and growthpromotion effect in red-pepper, Korean Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, 37, 280-286.
- Arnason, J. T., Philogene, B. J. R. Morand, P., Imrie, K., Iyengar, S., Duval, F., Soucy-Breau, C., Scaiano, J. C., Werstiuk, N. H., Hasspieler B. & Downe. A. E. R. (1989). Naturally occurring and synthetic thiopenes as photoactivated insecticides, In Insecticides of Plant Orgin. (ed. Arnason, J. T., Philogene, B. J. R. and Morand, P.) ACS symposium series no. 387, pp. 164-172, American Chemical Society, Washington, DC., USA.
- Erdemoglu, N., Kupeli, E., & Yesilada, E. (2003). Antiinflammatory and antinociceptive activity assessment of plants used as remedy in Turkish folk medicine. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 89(1), 123-129. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8741(03)00282-4
- Hassan, A. J. (1996). The effect of different extracts of Nerium oleander (Apocynaceae) on the biological performance of the housefly Musca domestica (Diptera : Muscidae ), M. Sc., College of Science, University of Babylon, Iraq, 79.
- Hwang, I. C., Kim, J., Kim, H. M., Kim, D. I., Kim, S. G., Kim, S. S., & Jang, C. (2009). Evaluation of toxicity of plant extract made by neem and matrine against main pests and natural enemies. Korean Journal of Applied Entomology, 48(1), 87-94. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2009.48.1.087
- Jee, E. H., Kim, H. J., Jeong, S. H., Moon, J. H., & Jang, Y. P. (2010). Assessment of the Quality Variance among Commercial Hwang-Ryun-Hae-Dok-Tang by Simultaneous Analysis of Characterizing Compounds. Korean Journal of Pharmacognosy, 41(3), 161-165.
- Jeong, I. M. (1997). Separation and activity test of antifungal substance from C. japonica extract. Analytical Science and Technology, 10(2), 153-159.
- Langford, S. D., & Boor, P. J. (1996). Oleander toxicity:an examination of human and animal toxic exposures. Toxicology, 109(1), 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/0300-483X(95)03296-R
- Mostaqul Huq, M., Jabbar, A., Rashid, M. A., & Hasan, C. M. (1999). A novel antibacterial and cardiac steroid from the roots of Nerium oleander. Fitoterapia, 70(1), 5-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0367-326X(98)00013-6
- Park, J. H., Ryu, K. Y., Jee, H. J., Lee, B. M., & Gho, H. G. (2008). Evaluation of insecticidal activity of plant extracts against three insect pests. Korean Journal of Applied Entomology, 47(1), 59-64. https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2008.47.1.059
- Pozo, O. J., Marin, J. M., Sancho, J. V., & Hernandez, F. (2003). Determination of abamectin and azadirachtin residues in orange samples by liquid chromatography-electrospray tandem mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A, 992(1), 133-140. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9673(03)00325-X
- Saxena, R. C. (1989). Insecticides from neem. In insecticides of plant origin Ed. Journal of The American Chemical Society No. 387, pp. 110-135, USA.
- Schmutterer, H. (1980). Natural pesticides from the neem tree. Proc. 1st Int. Neem Conf. pp. 33-259.
- Wang, X., Plomley, J. B., Newman, R. A. & Cisneros, A. (2000). LC/MS/MS analyses of an oleander extract for cancer treatment, Analytical. Chemistry. 72(15), 3547-3552. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac991425a
- Wink, M. (1993). Production and application of phytochemicals from an agricultural perspective. In Phytochemistry and Agriculture. (ed. Van, T. A. Beek and Breteler, H.) Vol. 34, 171-213, Clarendon, Oxford, UK.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Rural Development Administration