- Volume 52 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Sound Absorption Characteristics Based on the Woven Fabric Density and Position Variations
메쉬 직물의 밀도 및 위치변화에 따른 흡음특성
- Lee, Kyoung Min (Department of Textile Engineering and Technology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Chun, Du Hwan (Department of Textile Engineering and Technology, Yeungnam University) ;
- Chun, Sang Hoo (Onechang Material Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2015.04.19
- Accepted : 2015.06.03
- Published : 2015.06.30
Sound absorbing materials are generally categorized as porous-type absorbers and panel-type absorbers. In addition, their absorbing mechanism is typically described as a conversion of sound energy into heat energy through the dynamic behavior of the material. Thus one of the important parameters influencing the sound absorption characteristics is the density of the material. This study investigated the sound absorption characteristics of a mesh fabric based on the mesh density and fabric layering structure. Four different mesh densities (130, 180, 200, and 230 T) combined with five different layering structures were investigated to help understand the mechanism and effect of the sound absorption characteristics. The results indicate that a panel-type absorber has better sound absorption characteristics within a lower frequency range, whereas a porous-type absorber performs better at a higher frequency. In addition, the increased fabric density of the mesh fabric shows a better performance in terms of sound absorption. An empirical equation between the sound absorption coefficient and the fabric density was also derived for further design applications.
Supported by : 영남대학교
- C. H. Park, J. M. Joo, and C. H. Yom, "A Study on the Acoustic Properties of Porous Material by Using Acoustic Transfer Matrix ", J. KSNVE, 1996, 6, 635-644.
- H. S. Byun and T. G. Lee, "A Study on the Characteristic of Sound Absorption of the Polyester Non-Woven Fabrics Used for the Automobile Sound Absorption Material", Polymer, 2001, 25, 427-434.
- H. J. Park, M. G. Jeong, S. Y. Sim, and J. Lee, "Proc. KSNVE Annual Conference", 2003, pp.885-891.
- Y. H. Jo, M.S. Thesis, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, 2004.
- H. J. Chang and D. H. Chun, "Experimental Study to Determine Sound Absorption Factors of Fiber Assemblies with Membrane Structure", J. Korean Fiber Soc., 2004, 41, 285-290.
- W. K. Lee, B. H. Park, H. J. Yoon, J. S. Kim, and J. Y. Maeng, "Proc. of KSAE Annual Conference", 2004, pp.1212-1217.
- K. Kosuge, "Studies on the Sound Absorption Properties of Paper Attached to Non-woven Fabric and the Specific Role of the Paper in Sound Absorption", J. Sen'i Gakkaishi, 2006, 62, 12-18. https://doi.org/10.2115/fiber.62.12
- H. I. Jung, K. J. Kim, J. K. Park, and S. H. Kim, "Proc. of KSNVE Annual Conference", 2003, pp.874-878.
- K. W. Kim, K. S. Yang, J. S. Kang, and S. E. Lee, "Proc. of KSNVE Annual Conference", 2002, pp.1222-1227.
- Effect of Structural Parameters on Sound Absorption Property of Spunbond Nonwoven vol.52, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12772/TSE.2015.52.396