- Volume 18 Issue 3
This paper attempts to take an in-depth study of the importance of teams and their creativity according to changes of recent design paradigm in engineering and to draw conclusions of the sub-domains and their element extraction. For this purpose, theoretical consideration was reviewed to present the definition of creativity and its sub-domains and elements. Besides, the two steps of expert validation test were conducted to extract the definition of creativity and its sub-domains and elements. The team creativity is defined as a team ability to come up with fresh and useful ideas and to lead them to get meaningful results through cooperative interactions among team members to solve problems given to them based on each member's creativity. Totally, 4 subs -domains and 16 sub-elements were extracted to get to know their influence on the team creativity. This includes a team size, characteristics of team members, and a team structure in team organization domain. To evaluate team atmosphere, elements such as sensibility, fellowship, teamwork, reliability, autonomy and open minded feature are included. In the team activity domain, strategies for solving problems, activities for divergent thinking, activities for convergence thinking and team interaction are included. Also, the sub-domain for team management includes a task, process and conflict management.
Team Creativity;Engineering Design;Engineering Education
- 권상순. (2000). 개인, 집단, 조직창의성 발현 및 제고를 위한 창의적 경영 시스템. 사회과학논집, 3, 29-57.
- 김태훈. (2005). 공학설계능력의 평가 요소 구명. 공학교육연구, 8(3), 49-56.
- 류형선. (2010). 집단 창의성의 효과와 영향 요인 연구. 성균관대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 백윤정, 한상숙. (2008). 집단갈등이 집단칭의성에 미치는 영향 : 리더십 스타일과 커뮤니케이션 조절 효과. 지식경영연구, 9(3), 1-19.
- 신승국, 박정우. (2006). 팀 프로세스 특성과 팀 내부요인이 팀 창의성에 미치는 영향에 관한 고찰. 산업경영논총, 12, 1-12.
- 유인하. (2011) 광고 이트디렉터의 업무환경이 개인창의성과 조직창의성에 미치는 영향 연구 : 임파워먼트 매개변인을 중심으로. 광고학연구, 22(5), 147-172
- 이건창, 최도영, 서영욱. (2010) 지식수준의 다양성과 네트워크 구조가 팀 창의성에 미치는 영향에 관한 종단분석 연구. 경영학연구, 39(6), 1539-1557.
- 이덕로, 김태열. (2009). 개인 창의성에 영향을 미치는 변수에 관한 연구. 인적자원관리연구, 16(3), 167-192.
- 이종락. (2012) 광고 크리에이티브 업무환경 요소와 팀 창의성의 관계에 대한 연구. 홍익대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 이준호. (2009). 팀 창의성을 위한 다양성과 응집성 관리. 경영교육논총, 57, 137-161.
- 이준호, 이진규, 김학수, 박지환 (2011). 연구개발팀의 다양성과 응집성이 팀 창의성에 미치는 영향. 조직과 인시관리연구, 35(3), 171-197.
- 이화자. (2002) 광고인의 창의적 행동 및 직무성과 영향요인 연구. 경희대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 임창희, 가재산. (1996). 한국형 팀제. 삼성경제연구소, 151.
- 장충석, 박종오. (2007). 조직 구성원의 커뮤니케이션 만족이 인적자원의 집단 창의성에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구. 경영정보연구, 21, 49-76.
- 조기순 (2009). 학습 복잡계 기반의 집단 창의성 발현에 관한 연구, 한양대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 최종인. (1995). 집단창의성의 결정요인에 관한 연구. 고려대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 하주현, 이병임, 류형선. (2011). 개인과 집단의 창의성 비교와 집단의 보상. 창의력교육연구, 11(1), 90-108.
- Amabile. T. M. (1983). The social psychology of creativity: A componential conceptualization. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 45(2), 357-376. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1247
- Amabile, T. M. (1988). A model of creativity and innovation in organizations. Research in Organizational Behavior. 10, 123-167.
- Amabile, T. M. (1996). Creativity in Context. Boulder, CO: Westview Press.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (1988). Society, culture, and person: a systems view of creativity. In J. A. Glover, R. R. Ronning., & C. R. Reynolds (Eds.), Handbook of Creativity(pp.77-92). New York: Plenum press.
- Csikszentmihalyi, M. (1990). Flow: The psychology of optimal experience. New York: Harper & Row.
- Damanpour, F. (1991). Organizational innovation: A meta-analysis of determinants and modeeatoes. Academy of Management Journal, 34, 555-590. https://doi.org/10.2307/256406
- Dunbar, K. (1997). How scientists think: On-line creativity and conceptual change in science. In T. B. Ward, S. M. Smith, and J. Vaid(Eds.), Creative thought: an investigation of conceptual strrcutures and processes(pp. 461-493). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Dyer, W. (1997). Team building: Issue and alternatives. mass: Addition Weslery.
- Eisenberg, R. (1992). Learned industriousness. Psychological Review, 99(2), 248-267. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.99.2.248
- Eisenberg, R. and Cameron, J. (1996). Detrimental effects of reward: Reality or myth? Amencan Psychologist, 51, 1153-1166. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.51.11.1153
- Fisher, K. and Fisher, M. (1998). The Distributed Mind. New York: American Management Association.
- French, W. L. and Bell, Jr. C. H. (1995). Multiple Vision and Multiple Voice: Academic and Practitioner Conceeptions of Creativity in Organization, in Ford, C. M. and Gioia, D. A. (Eds.), Creative Action in Organization, Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Furnham, A. and Bachtiar, V. (2008). Personality and intelligence as predictors of creativity. Personality and Individual Differences, 45(7), 613- 617. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2008.06.023
- Guilford. J. P. (1950). Creativity. Amencan Psychologist, 5(9), 444-454. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0063487
- Hackman, J. R. and Walton, R. E. (1986). Leading Group in Organization, In Designing Effective Work Groups. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Inc.
- Harris, P. (1986). Build a high performance team. Training & Development Journal, 40(2), 226.
- Hennessey. B. A. and Amabile, T. M. (1988). The conditions of creativity. In Sternberg, R. J. (Ed.), The nature of creativity: Contemporary psychological perspectives. 11-38. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Hollingworth, J. R. (2006). A Part-Dependent Perspective on Institutional and Organizational Factors Shaping Major Scientific Discoveries. in J. Hage and M. Meeus(Eds.), Innovation, Science, ani Institutional Change: A Research Handbook. London and New York: Oxford University Press. 423-442.
- Hoyt, J. and Gerloff, E. A. (1999). Organizational environment, changing economic conditions, and the effective supervision of technical personnel: a management challenge. Journal of High Technology Management research, 10(2), 275-293. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1047-8310(99)00014-0
- Kanigal, R. (1993). Apprentice to genius: The making of a scientific dynasty. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press.
- Katzenbach, J. R. and Smith, D. K. (1992). Why teams matter. Mckinsey Quarterly, 3, 3-27.
- Kezsborm, D. (1990). Are you really ready to build a project team? Industrial Engineering, 152, 50-55.
- Kratzaer, J., Leenders, R. T., and Engelen, J. M. (2006). Team polarity and creative performance in innovation teams. Creativity and Innovation Management, 15(1), 96-104. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8691.2006.00372.x
- Kurtzberg, T. R., and Amabile, T. M. (2000-2001). From Guilford to creativity synergy: Opening the black box of team-level creativity. Creativity Research Journal, 13(3, 4), 285-294.
- Lawshe, C. H. (1975). A quantitative approach to content validity. Personnel Psychology, 28(4), 563- 575. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1975.tb01393.x
- Leonard, D. and Swap, W. (1999). When Sparks Fly: Igniting Creativity in Group. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- MacKinnon, D. W. (1965). Personality and the realization of creative potential. American Psychologist, 20, 273-281. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0022403
- Montuori, A., and Pruser, R. E. (1999). Social Creativity(Eds.). Cresskill: Hampton Press.
- Mouchiroud, C., and Lubart, T. I. (2002). Social Creativity: A cross-sectional study of 6-to 11-year-old children. International Journal of Behavioral Development, 26(1), 60-69. https://doi.org/10.1080/01650250042000591
- Parker, G. M. (1990). Team Player and Teamwork. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Inc.
- Paulus, P. B. and Nijstad, B. A. (2003). Group creativity: Innovation through collaboration. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Robbins, S. P. (1998). Organizational behavior(8th ed.). Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey: Prentice Hall.
- Robin, L. E. and Steven, L. P. (1996). Team Building for the future, 정기영, 송경근 역, 한언출판사.
- Schilpzand, M. C., Herold, D. M., and Shalley, C. E. (2010). Member's Openness to Experience and Teams' Creativity Performance. Small Group Research Online First. published on August 18, 2010 as doi: 10.
- Shalley, C. E. (1991). Effects of Productivity goals, Creativity goals, and Personal discretion on individual Creativity. Journal of Applied Psychology, 76(2), 179-185. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.76.2.179
- Shalley, C. E., Zhou, J., and Oldham, G. R. (2004). The effects of personal and contextual characteristics on creativity: Where should we go from here?. Journal of Management, 30, 933-958.
- Snyder, S. H. (1989). Brainstorming: The science and politics of apiate research. Cambridge, MA: Havard University Press.
- Somech, A. and Drach-Zahavy, D. (2011). Translating team creativity to innovation implementation: The role of team composition and climate for innovation. Journal of Management.
- Stokes, C. K., Schneider, T. R. and Lyons, J. B. (2010). Adaptive performance: A criterion problem. Team Performance Management, 16(3/4), 212-230. https://doi.org/10.1108/13527591011053278
- Sutton, R. I. and Hargadon, A. (1996). Brainstorming groups in context: Effectiveness in a product design firm. Administrative Science Quarterly, 41(4), 685-718. https://doi.org/10.2307/2393872
- Tagger, S. (2002). Individual creativity and group ability to utilize individual creative resources: a multiple model. Academy of Management Journal, 45(2), 315-330. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069349
- Torrance, E. P. (1972). Group dynamics and creative functioning. In C. W. Taylor(Ed.), Climate for creativity(pp. 75-96). New York: Pergamon Press.
- Varney, G. H. (1989). Building Productive Teams. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Inc.
- Watson, E. (2009). Creativity III Teams: Collaboration and Learning. Herstellung: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing AG & Co.
- West, M. A. (2002). Sparkling fountains or stagnant ponds: An integrative model of creativity and innovation implementation in work groups. Applied Psychology, 51, 355-424. https://doi.org/10.1111/1464-0597.00951
- Woodcock, M. (1989). Team Development Manual(2nd Ed.). Vermont: Grower.
- Woodman, R. W., Sawyer, J. E., and Griffin, R. W. (1993). Toward a theory of organizational creativity. Academy of Management Review, 18(2), 293-321. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1993.3997517
Supported by : 한국연구재단