- Volume 18 Issue 2
A Study of Entrepreneurship Education of University in Science and Engineering for Vitalization of Technology-based Startup
기술기반 창업 활성화를 위한 이공계 창업교육에 관한 연구
- Kim, Sunwoo (Entrepreneurship Research Unit, Science and Technology Policy Institute) ;
- Ko, Hyuk-Jin (Department of Management, Korea Polytechnic University) ;
- Lee, Yunseok (Strategy & Planning Team, Korea Entrepreneurship Foundation)
- Received : 2014.12.05
- Accepted : 2015.03.17
- Published : 2015.03.31
Entrepreneurship has been considered as an engine to lead economy, which has been resulting in a focus on entrepreneurship education to promote entrepreneurship. This paper focuses on science and engineering students, and analyzes the relationship between entrepreneurship education and entrepreneurship level. The response results of 950 students (34 universities) were as follows. First, the entrepreneurship level of science and engineering students are a little high but not as significant more than non-science and engineering. Second, science and engineering students have an impact on the level of entrepreneurship about entrepreneurship courses. Third, entrepreneurship courses and clubs have an effect on entrepreneurship level. As a conclusion, we have to improve the quality of entrepreneurship education, recognize startup as a credit, and build up entrepreneurship education ecosystem through the local area network.
Entrepreneurship Education;Entrepreneurship;Science & Engineering;Undergraduate student;Technology-based startup
- 이윤준 외 (2012), 기업가 정신 고취를 통한 기술창업 활성화 방안, 과학기술정책연구원.
- Fayolle A., Gailly B. and Lassas-Clerc N. (2006), Assessing the Impact of Entrepreneurship Education Programmes: A New Methodology, Journal of European Industrial Training, 30(9), pp. 701-720 https://doi.org/10.1108/03090590610715022
- Garavan, T.N. and O'Cinneide, B. (1994a), Entrepreneurship, Education and Training Programmes. A Review and Evaluation. Part I. Journal of European Industrial Training, 18(8), pp. 3-12.
- Garavan, T.N. and O'Cinneide, B. (1994b), Entrepreneurship, Education and Training Programmes. A Review and Evaluation. Part 2. Journal of European Industrial Training, 18(1), pp. 13-23.
- Gibb A. (2002), ln pursuit of a New 'Enterprise' and 'Entrepreneurship' Paradigm for Leaming: Creative destruction, New values, New ways of Doing things and New combinations of Knowledge, International Journal of Management Reviews, 4(3), lssues 3, pp. 233-269. https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-2370.00086
- Gibb, A.A. (1993), The Enterprise Culture and Education. Understanding Enterprise Education and Its Links with Small Business, Entrepreneurship and Wider Educational Goals. International Small Business Journal, 11(3), pp. 3-32.
- Heidi M. Neck and Patricia G. Greene (2011), Entrepreneurship Education: Known Worlds and New Frontiers, Journal of Small Business Management, 2011 49(1), pp. 55-70. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2010.00314.x
- Hessel Oosterbeek, Mirjam van Praag, Auke ljsselstein (2010), The impact of entrepreneurship education on entrepreneurship skills and motivation, European Economic Review, 54 (2010) pp. 442-454. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euroecorev.2009.08.002
- Jamieson, I. (1984). Education for enterprise. ln Watts, A.G., & Moran, P. (Eds.), CRAC, Ballinger, Cambridge, pp. 19-27
- Jones, C. and English, J. (2004), "A contemporary approach to entrepreneurship education", Education Training, Vol. 46 Nos 8/9, pp.416-23. https://doi.org/10.1108/00400910410569533
- Katz (2008), Fully Mature but Not Fully Legitimate: A Different Perspective on the State of Entrepreneurship Education, Journal of Small Business Management Volume 46, Issue 4, pages 550-566, October 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-627X.2008.00256.x
- Kolvereid, L. (1996): "Prediction of employment status choice intentions", Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, 21 (1), pp. 47-57. https://doi.org/10.1177/104225879602100104
- 김선우 외 (2014), 이공계 대학의 창업교육 혁신방안, 과학기술정책연구원.
- 이민화 (2013), '응답하라 기업가정신', 창조경제연구회 제4회 포럼발표자료
- Krueger and Carsrud (1993), Enterpreneurial intentions:applying the theory of planned behaviour, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 5, pp. 315-330. https://doi.org/10.1080/08985629300000020
- Krueger, N. & Brazeal, D. (1994). Entrepreneurial potential and potential entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 18(3), pp. 91-104.
- Kuratko, D. (2005), "The emergence of entrepreneurship education: development, trends, and challenges", Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, Vol. 29 No. 5, pp.577-98. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1540-6520.2005.00099.x
- Mitra and Matlay (2004), Entrepreneurial and vocational education and training: Lessons from Eastern and Central Europe, Industry and Higher Education, Volume 18, Number 1, 1 February 2004, pp. 53-61(9). https://doi.org/10.5367/000000004773040979
- Mwasalwiba (2010), Entrepreneurship education: a review of its objectives, teaching methods, and impact indicators, Entrepreneurship education: a review, pp.20-47.
- Panagiotis Piperopoulos, (2012) "Could higher education programmes, culture and structure stifle the entrepreneurial intentions of students?", Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Vol. 19 lss: 3, pp.461-483
- Pat H. Dickson, George T. Solomon, K. Mark Weaver, (2008) "Entrepreneurial selection and success: does education matter?", Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, Vol. 15 lss: 2, pp.239 - 258. https://doi.org/10.1108/14626000810871655
- 감사원, http://www.bai.go.kr/