- Volume 18 Issue 2
A Study on Relationship Between Teamwork Skills and Big Five Personality Factors for Engineering Students
공학계열 학생들의 팀웍 스킬과 성격 5요인과의 관계 연구
- Han, Jiyoung (Innovation Center for Engineering Education, Daejin University) ;
- Bang, Jae-hyun (Korean Council for University Education)
- Received : 2014.09.11
- Accepted : 2015.03.02
- Published : 2015.03.31
This study had a purpose to analyze the relationship between teamwork skills and Big Five personality factors for engineering students. For the purpose, 43 engineering students attending engineering creative design course were organized 14 teams as NEO personality inventory testing before the course. The teamwork skills for engineering students was improved through engineering creative design course and the correlation between teamwork skills and personality factors for engineering students was low. The heterogeneous personality group had a more improvement in teamwork skills than homogeneous personality group but the effect of group difference was not statistically significant. Further, the result of this study were applied to change the design course and making the teams for improving teamwork skills for engineering students.
Teamwork Skills;Big Five Personality Factors;Correlation;Teamwork
- 박원우(2006). 팀원의 개념, 측정 및 증진방법. 서울대학교 출판부.
- 신재호.이찬(2008). 대기업의 팀역량 팀원 특성과의 관계. 농업교육과 인적자원개발, 40(3), pp. 199-221.
- 안용식 외(2007). 공학과 팀워크 기술. 서울: 제이앤씨.
- 안정호, 임지영(2008). 종합설계과목의 협동학습에서 셀프 리더십과 팀원간의 관계. 공학교육연구, 11(4), 109-114.
- 안현의 , 안창규(2010) 네오(아동/청소년/성인) 성격검사(성격+기질). 한국가이던스.
- 최유현(2008). 공학기술과 팀워크 고양: 지호출판사.
- 한지영, 방재현(2011a). 공학계열 학생들의 팀원 스킬 구성요소 개발. 공학교육연구, 14(5), 14-25.
- 한지영, 방재현(2011b). 공학계열 학생들의 팀원 스킬 구성요소의 가중치 산출에 대한 연구. 한국기술교육학회지, 11(2), 18-37.
- Barrick, M. R., Stewart, G. L. Neubert M. J., & Mount, M. K. (1998). Relating member ability and personality to work-team processes and team effectiveness. Journal of Applied Psychology, 83, 377-391. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.83.3.377
- Journal T., Salas, E., & Prince, C. (1997). Team performance assessment and measurement, Mahwah. New Jersey.
- Brewer, W., & Mendelson, M. I. (2003). Methodology and metrics for assessing team effectiveness. International Journal of Engineering Education, 19(6), 777-787.
- Chin, S. K. (2008). A structured assessment framework for teamwork. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition
- Gentili, K. L., McCauley, J. F., Christianson, R. K., Davis, D. C., Trevisan, M. S., Calkins, D. E., and Cook, M. D. (1999) Assessing students, design capabilities in an introductory design class. 29th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, pp. 13bi8-13
- Jonassen, D. H. & B. L. Grabowski. (1993). Handbook of Individual Differences, Learning, and Instruction. Hillsdale: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Knight, D. W., Carlson, L. E. and Sullivan, J. F. (2003). Staying In Engineering: Impact Of A Hands On, Team Based, First Year Projects Course On Student Retention. CDROM, Proceedings, American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference, June 2003, Paper 1800.
- Leiffer, P. R., Graff, W., & Gonzalez, R. V. (2005). Five curriculum tools to enhance interdisciplinary teamwork. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Neuman, G.A., Wright, J. (999). Team effectiveness: Beyond skills and cognitive ability. Journal of Applied Psychology, 84(3), 376-389. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.84.3.376
- Porter, C. et al. (2003). Backing up behaviors in teams: The role of personality and legitimacy of need. Journal of Applied Psychology, 88(3), 391-403. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.88.3.391
- Qammar, H. K., Cheng, M., Evans, E. A., Broadway, F. S., & Ramsier, R. D. (2003). Focusing on teamwork versus technical skills in the evaluation of an integrated design project. American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Barry, B., & Stewart, G. L. (1997). Comnpotision, process and performance in self-managed groups. The role of personality. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.82.1.62