- Volume 18 Issue 2
Recently, there has been an increasing interest in 'Flipped Learning,' an IT-based learner-centered teaching-learning method corresponding to meet the paradigm of the future education. For smooth Flipped Learning, there are three steps in total: a pre-class should precede; then, in the structure of classes in the classroom, in-class learning among peer learners should be done; and lastly, the operation of a post-class should be done. For successful Flipped Learning, class elements in each step should be designed with a time difference, interconnected so as to achieve a single educational objective. However, it was found that there was a limitation in that the teaching-learning model of the preceding Flipped Learning consisted of the order of analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation as general procedures, so it would not sufficiently consider the situations of Flipped Learning only. On this background, this thesis proposes a differentiated Flipped Learning model for mastery learning in a subject of an institute of technology as a model of systematic instructional design and presents a case of a class applied to an actual subject of computer engineering.
Flipped Learning;Instructional Design Models for Flipped Learning;Engineering Education
- 김백희.김병홍(2014). 플립드 러닝(Flipped learning)을 기반으로 한 역할 교체식 토의 수업 방안 연구, <우리말연구> 37권 0호, 우리말학회, 141쪽-166쪽.
- 나일주.홍성연(2003). 가상학습공동체 형성 과정 모형 연구. 한국교육공학회. 19(2), 101-122.
- 범수균 외(2012). UNIST e-Education 사례 연구. 역전학습 모형. 2012 이러닝학회 춘계학술발표대회 논문집. 2012. 4.
- 이종연.박상훈.강혜진.박성열 (2014), Flipped learning의 의의 및 교육환경에 관한 탐색적 연구, <디지털정책연구> 12권 9호, 한국디지털정책학회, 313-323쪽.
- 이지연.김영환.김영배 (2014), 학습자 중심 플립드러닝(Flipped learning)수업의 적용사례. 교육공학연구. 30(2), 163-191.
- 범수균.최정빈(2012). Flipped learning 컨설팅 개요. http://beum.com.ne.kr/FL_consulting/FL_consulting.htm
- Bates, S., &Galloway, R. (2012). The inverted classroom in a large enrolment introductory physics course: a case study. In Proceedings of the Higher Education Academy STEM conference, London, UK.
- Cole, J. E & Kritzer J. B. (2009). Strategies for success: Teaching an online course. Rural Special Education Quarterly, 28(4), 36-40. https://doi.org/10.1177/875687050902800406
- Davies, R. S., Dean, D. L., & Ball, N. (2013), Flipping the classroom and instructional technology integration in a college-level information systems spreadsheet course. Educational Technology Research and Development, 61, 563-583. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-013-9305-6
- Dangler M. (2008), Classroom active learning complemented by on online discussion forum to teach susstainability. Journal of geography in higher Education, 32(3), 491-494.
- Dianna, L. N. , Kenneth, A. C., Meghan, M. D, & Jessica, M. L. (2013), Flipping STEM Learing: Impact on Students' Process of learning and Faculty Instructional Activities, Promoting Active learning through the Flipped Classroom Model, IGI Global, 113-131.
- Enfield, J .(2013), Looking at the impact of the flipped classroom model of instruction on undergraduate multimedia students at CSUN. TechTrends, 57(6), 14-27. Retrieved December 31,
- Eric Mazur, Can We Teach Computers to Teach?, Computer in physics, Feb. 1991.
- Frederick, J. C., & Milton, S. (2013), Triumphs and Tribulations of the Flipped Classroom: A High School Teacher's Perspective, Promoting Active learning through the Flipped Classroom Model, IGI Global, 91-112.
- Gecer, A., & Dag, F. (2012), A blended learning experience. Educational Sciences: Theory and Practice, 12(1), 438-442.
- Heather D. H., Bethany K. B. F., & Aaron S. R.(2013), Promoting Active learning through a Flipped Course Design. Promoting Active learning through the Flipped Classroom Model, IGI Global, 23-46.
- Johnson, D. W., & Johnson, R. T. (1995). Creative controversy Intellectual challenge in the classroom(3rd ed.). Edina, MN: Interaction Book Company.
- krueger, R.A.(1998). Focus groups interviewing: A practical guide for applied research(2nd ed). St. paul, MN.
- Lawshe, C. H. (1975). A Quantitative Approach to Content Validity. Personnel Psychology, 28. 563-575. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1975.tb01393.x
- Lori, O., Laura J. P., & Neal, S.(2013), A Teaching Model for the college Algebra Flipped Classroom, Promoting Active learning through the Flipped Classroom Model. IGI Global, 47-70.
- Louis Deslauriers, Ellen Schelew, Carl Wieman(2011). "Improved learning in a Large-Enrollment Physics Class", Science. VOL 332.
- Papadopoulos, C.. & Roman A. S. (2010), Implementing an inverted classroom model in engineering statistics: Initial results. American Society for Engineering Statistics. Proceedings of the 40th ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference. Washington, DC. October 2010. Retrieved from http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/FIE.2010.5673198 https://doi.org/10.1109/FIE.2010.5673198
- Roseth, C. J., Johnson, D. W., Johnson. R. T. (2008). Promoting early adolescents' achievement and peer relationships: The effects of cooperative, competitive. and individualistic goal structures. Psychological Bulletin, 134, 223-246. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.134.2.223
- Slavin, R. E. (1995). Cooperative learning: Theory, research, and practice (2nd ed.). Boston. MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Strayer, J. F. (2012). How learning in an inverted classroom influences cooperation, innovation and task orientation. Learning Environment Research, 15, 171-193. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10984-012-9108-4
- Warter-Perez, N., & Dong, J. (2012). Flipping the classroom: How to embed inquiry and design projects into a digital engineering lecture. Proceedings of the 2012 American Society for Engineering Education-Pacific South West Section Conference, USA.
- University of Queensland Teaching and Educational Development Institute. (n.d.) How do I get started? retrieved December 17, 2014. from https://www.uq.edu.au/tediteach/flipped-classroom/how-to-start.html#staff-support
- University of texas at Austin Center for Teaching & Learning. (n.d.) What is the Flipped learning? retrieved December 27, 2014. from http://ctl.utexas.edu/teaching/flipping-a-class/how