- Volume 24 Issue 4
This paper describes optimizing fabrication methods for 2-axis electrically levitated MEMS gyroscope. Electrostatically levitated gyroscope has very high potential of performance due to the fact that its proof mass is not mechanically bound to any other structures, but its complex structure and difficulty of fabrication holds back the research that only a few researches have been reported. In this work, fabrication method for glass-silicon-glass 3-floor structure for 2-axis electrically levitated MEMS gyroscope is presented, including simplified multi-level glass etch method utilizing photoresist attack, preventing metal diffusion by adding middle layer of metal electrode, overcoming Deep RIE limitation by separate fabrication of silicon structures and keeping the electrode safe from dicing debris.
- K. Liu, W. Zhang, W. Chen, K. Li, F. Dai, F. Cui, X. Wu, G. Ma, and Q. Xiao, "The development of micro-gyroscope technology", J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol. 19, p. 113001, Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/19/11/113001
- D. Xia, C. Yu, and L. Kong, "The development of micromachined gyroscope structure and circuitry technology", Sensors., Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 1394-1473, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3390/s140101394
- T. Murakoshi, Y. Endo, K. Fukatsu, S. Nakamura, and M. Esashi, "Electrostatically levitated ring-shaped rotationalgyro/ accelerometer", Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 42, pp. 2468- 2472, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1143/JJAP.42.2468
- M. Kraft and B. Damrongsak, "Micromachined gyroscopes based on a rotating mechanically unconstrained proof mass", Proc. of 9th IEEE Conf. on Sensors, pp. 23-28, Waikoloa, USA, 2010.
- S. Nakamura, "MEMS inertial sensor toward higher accuracy amp; multi-axis sensing", Proc. of 4th IEEE Conf. on Sensors, pp. 939-942, Irvine, USA, 2005
- F. T. Han, Y. F. Liu, L. Wang, and G. Y. Ma, "Micromachined electrostatically suspended gyroscope with a spinning ring-shaped rotor", J. Micromech. Microeng., Vol. 22, No. 10, p. 105032, Oct. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1088/0960-1317/22/10/105032
- B. Damrongsak, M. Kraft, S. Rajgopal, and M. Mehregany, "Design and fabrication of a micromachined electrostatically suspended gyroscope", Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. C: J. Mech. Eng. Sci., Vol. 222, No. 1, pp. 53-63, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544062JMES665
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 한국연구재단