- Volume 22 Issue 1
Intentions to Care for New Influenza A(H1N1) Patients and Influencing Factors: An application of theory of planned behavior
계획된 행위이론을 적용한 간호사의 신종인플루엔자 A 환자 간호의도와 영향 요인
- Jeong, Sun Young (College of Nursing, Konyang University) ;
- Park, Hyo Sun (Nursing Department of Gachon University Gil Medical Center) ;
- Wang, Hee-Jung (Department of Nursing, Suwon Women's University) ;
- Kim, Mijung (Department of Nursing, Kyungil University)
- Received : 2015.05.29
- Accepted : 2015.06.19
- Published : 2015.06.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to explore the intentions and influencing factors of intentions to care for New Influenza A (
- Ajzen, I. (1985). From intentions to actions: A theory of planned behavior. In J. Kuhl & J. Beckmann(Ed.), Action control: From cognition to behavior. Berin: Springer.
- Ajzen, I. (2005). Attitudes, personality, and behavior. New York: Open University Press.
- Anikeeva, O., Braunack-Mayer, A. J., & Street, J. M. (2008). How will australian general practitioners respond to an influenza pandemic? A qualitative study of ethical values. The Medical Journal of Australia, 189, 148-150.
- Bandura, A. (1977). Social Foundations of thought and action. Englewood Cliffs: Prince-Hall.
- Basta, N. E., Edwards, S. E., & Schulte, J. (2009). Assessing public health department employees' willingness to report to work during an influenza pandemic. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 15, 375-383. doi: 10.1097/PHH.0b013e3181a391e2 https://doi.org/10.1097/PHH.0b013e3181a391e2
- Choi, E. J., Lee, J. S., & Kim, S. D. (2007). The prediction on the behavior of infection control of operating room nurses in Seoul: An application of the theory of planned behavior. Korean Journal of Nosocomial Infection Control, 12, 91-102.
- Draper, H., Wilson, S., Ives, J., Gratus, C., Greenfield, S., Parry, J. Petts, J., & Sorell T. (2008). Healthcare workers' attitudes towards working during pandemic influenza: A multi method study. BMC Public Health, 8, 192. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-8-192. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-8-192
- Ju, H. O., Kim, J. S., Jo, Y. S., Park, N. H., Eo, Y. S., Jo, Y. L., & Jeong, I. S. (2003). A survey on cancer screening among nurses at general hospital in Busan. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 9, 18-27.
- Honey, M., & Wang, W. Y. (2013). New Zealand nurses perceptions of caring for patients with influenza A (H1N1). Nursing in Critical Care, 18(2), 63-69. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1478-5153.2012.00520.x
- Kermode, M. K., Holmes, W., Langkham, B., Thomas, M. S., & Gifford, S. (2005). HIV-related knowledge, attitudes & risk perception amongst nurses, doctors & other healthcare workers in rural India. Indian Journal of Medicine Research, 122, 258-264.
- Kim, C. J., Yoo, H. R., Yoo, M. S., Kwon, B. E., & Hwang, K. J. (2006). Attitude, beliefs, and intentions to care for SARS patients among Korean clinical nurses: An application of theory of planned behavior. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36, 596-603. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.4.596
- Kim, W. J. (2009). Pandemic of novel influenza A (H1N1): Perspective and countermeasures. The Korean Journal of Medicine, 77, 139-142.
- Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) (2010a, June 23). News Letter, 6, 31. Retrieved November 5, 2010, http://www.cdc.go.kr/kcdchome/jsp/home/common/brd/COMMBRD0200Detail.jsp?boardid=1010&boardseq=21949&menuid=100047&appid=&contentid=&pageNum=0&pageNo=&q_value=&q_name=&sub=0&sub2
- Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) (2010b, March 31). Influenza crisis phase "of interest" downgraded. Retrieved November 5, 2010, from http://www.cdc.go.kr/kcdchome/jsp/home/common/brd/COMMBRD0200Detail.jsp?boardid=1002&boardseq=22325&menuid=100039&appid=null&contentid=null&pageNum=0&tabinx=null&pageNo=7&q_value=&q_name=&sub=0&sub2
- Lee, D. H., Shin, S. S., Jun, B. Y., & Lee J. K. (2010). National level response to pandemic (H1N1) 2009. Journal of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, 43(2), 99-104. https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2010.43.2.99
- Lee, J. K. (2001). A study for investigating predictors of AIDS and patients care intention among nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 31, 292-303. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2001.31.2.292
- Lee, J. K. (2002). The effect of an AIDS education program of nursing students on knowledge, attitudes, fear of contagion and nursing intention about AIDS. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 14, 5-14.
- Martin, S. D., Brown, L. M., & Reid, W. Y. (2013). Predictores of nurses' intentions to work during the 2009 influenza A (H1N1) pandemic. American Journal of Nursing, 113(12), 24-31. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NAJ.0000430227.91573.9c
- Maunder, R. G., Lancee, W. J., Balderson, K. E., Bennett, J. P., Borgundvaag, B., Evans, S. Fernandes, C. M., Goldbloom, D. S., Hunter, J. J., McGillis, H. L., Nagle, L. M., Pain, C., Peczeniuk, S. S., Raymond, G., Read, N., Rourke, S. B., Steinberg, R. J., Stewart, T. E., VanDeVelde-Coke, S., Velhort, G. G., & Wasylenki, D. A. (2006). Long-term psychological and occupational effects of providing hospital healthcare during SARS outbreak. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 12, 1924-1932. https://doi.org/10.3201/eid1212.060584
- McAlonan, G. M., Lee, A. M., Cheung, V., Cheung, C., Tsang, K. W., Sham, P. C., Chua, S. E., Wong, J. G. (2007). Immediate and sustained psychological impact of an emerging infectious disease outbreak on health care workers. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 52, 241-247. https://doi.org/10.1177/070674370705200406
- Musau J., Baumann A., Kolotylo C., O'Shea T., & Bialachowski A. (2015). Infectious disease outbreaks and increased complexity of care. International Nursing review, http://www.doi.10.1111/inr.12188 https://doi.org/10.1111/inr.12188
- Shiao, J. S., Koh, D., Lo, L. H., Lim, M. K., & Guo, Y. L. (2007). Factors predicting nurses' consideration of leaving their job during the SARS outbreak. Nursing Ethics, 14, 5-17. https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733007071350
- Styra, R., Hawryluck, L., Robinson, S., Kasapinovic, S., Fones, C., & Gold, W. L. (2008). Impact on health care workers employed in high-risk areas during the Toronto SARS outbreak. Journal of Psychosomatic Research, 64, 177-183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychores.2007.07.015
- Wang, S. J. (2014). Principles and system of disaster medicine. Journal of the Korean Medical Association, 57(12), 985-992. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2014.57.12.985
- World Health Organization(2009, June 11). World now at the start of 2009 influenza pandemic. Retrieved October 3, 2009, from http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/statements/2009/h1n1_pandemic_phase6_20090611/en/index.html
- Yoo, H. R., Kwon, B. E., Jang, Y. S., & Youn, H. K. (2005). Validity and reliability of an instrument for predictive nursing intention for SARS patient care. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35, 1063-1071. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.6.1063